Author Topic: Colony Apprentice Complete Bike - Need advice  (Read 3422 times)

Offline GeoFlat

Colony Apprentice Complete Bike - Need advice
« on: January 14, 2016, 07:27:31 PM »

Hi. I think to bought this bike: http://flatlandfuel.com/colony2011apprenticecompletebike.aspx And if someone own it please tell me your opinions. I'm waiting for cheap complete bike for a long time and finally i have chance to bought it (if i sold my PC). So any advice will be appreciated  ::)

Before i think about this bikes but if i'm not wrong Colony is much better choice for beginner like me :)

Eastern Bikes ENSO BMX Bike
KHE Bikes 25th Freestyle BMX Bicycles, White
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:57:14 PM by GeoFlat »

Offline Lyscii

Re: Colony Apprentice Complete Bike - Need advice
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 10:49:37 PM »
I have one, and I'd say it's a good platform to start with. Most of the components are not the greatest quality, but that's to be expected with any $400 bike. I've already replaced the front brake and have plans to swap the rear and build a new wheelset, but currently it works well enough for my purposes. The frame, fork, and bars are fairly nice, and the cost of buying those things separately would equal or exceed the cost of buying the complete bike, so I'd say it's a great deal. The only other bike I strongly considered was the Ares APlus-1, which has a stronger set of double wall rims and a nicer seatpost, but I figured I'd probably like the geometry of the Colony better, and I knew I'd still want to replace those parts on either bike anyways.

Offline GeoFlat

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 07:36:04 AM »
Lyscii

Thank you so much :)  You talk about this one ? http://flatlandfuel.com/aresaplus2015completebike.aspx
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:37:57 AM by GeoFlat »

Offline Lyscii

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 06:21:30 PM »
Yep, that's it. It looks like the brakes might be a bit nicer on it too.