Author Topic: Panama Flat International 2007  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Panama Flat International 2007
« on: September 09, 2007, 11:15:35 PM »
Panamanians are preparing what will be the biggest Latin American flatland contest of the year: the Panama Flat International 2007. The contest will take place on Sunday October 14th in the indoor spot “Yuyin Luzcando de Betania” located in Panama city, Panama. The event will start at 1:00 pm, and the entry fee will cost $5 including a t-shirt and a medal of participation. There will be free accommodation for all the riders from Friday October 12th to Monday October 15th. There will be also a free city tour to Albrook Mall, the Panama Canal, and Multiplaza on Saturday October 13th. The organizers will be providing refreshment on Sunday morning and lunch at noon. The practice session will be on Sunday morning until 12:30pm. A bus will pick up the riders that day at 8:30am. It’s important that every Flatlander confirm his attendance at least one week in advance in order to arrange transport from the airport/bus station. More info: here.

Offline flatmonkey

• Funky Chicken
Re: Panama Flat International 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 10:58:48 PM »
Any U.S. riders going?

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:51:36 AM »
Any U.S. riders going?

Yes. In fact Scott Powell is going along with Chase Gouin (I think Chase's not sure yet, but the probabilities are quite high). The Panamanian Club of BMX is contacting Jesse Puente and Viky Gomez or Martti Kuoppa to see if they're able to make it too. All I can say is that the event is going to be super dope  :ph34r:

Offline flatmonkey

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 06:22:39 AM »
Cool;

I will be there! It will be cool to meet all these riders!  I am just coming back to contest after a lot of years.  But, the riding should be a great  time!

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 07:29:24 AM »
That'd be awesome man! Contact Hugo, because he sent me an e-mail in which he says that Copa airlines is giving a discount of 15% to the people who are coming from abroad.

norcalmutt

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 08:33:47 PM »
Sean Parker will be in Panama at that time
but that is something i heard from Marcel!

Offline flatmonkey

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 09:03:19 AM »
Cool bro!  I e-mailed him once to get some other info but, haven't heard from him yet.  I will definately check that out about the airlines because that is a decent dicount!

:beer:

Offline jason_21218

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 03:56:04 PM »
Man does this Panama Jam bring back memeories.  I lived in Panama on Ft Clayton when I was a kid. My Dad was stationed there (US Army). I started BMX down there...and the scene among the military kids was pretty good from 84-87.

We all rode the same bike, cause it was the only one available on Base. Never forget it, Mongoose Blue Max.

Any hoo, really wish I could go.

Aaron Frost

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 02:26:30 AM »
I would like to go to this contest but no one replies to email. I don't want to buy a plane ticket and then find out something has changed. Any ideas?

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 03:02:35 AM »
I'll contact Hugo for you, probably he doesn't speak English or something. Actually I was the one who translated the news so maybe he has troubles replying e-mails in English. For all of you who are interested in going to this contest, e-mail me: eliasbiker@hotmail.com. I'll translate the e-mail into Spanish and then I'll send it to Hugo. So Aaron, what would you like to know?

Offline TicoBmx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 05:58:47 PM »
elias,
just to be clear, the Panamá Flat Jam will be a Jam, not a contest at all. There will be a contest in this categories:

1. Best foreign flatlander
2. Best Panamanian flatlander
3. Best Trick Panama Flat Jam 2007 (all the riders compete in this category)

Cool
Mike

norcalmutt

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 08:02:40 PM »
you should have a best trick contest for amateurs and pros too
thats what we are doing for the GRASS VALLEY JAM.

yeah sounds like a fun jam to hit and wish i could go but
i have University. heya monkey boy you from Central
America as that would make sense about monkeyflat....
mucho mucho monos locos

mono carribean
mono titi
mono congo
mono carablanca
mono colorado

got banana... haces plantain o banano?
lol