Author Topic: Matthias Video on Youtube  (Read 23217 times)

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
Re: Matthias Video on Youtube
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 06:09:01 PM »
I can watch ANY You tube videos...but this one keeps freezing on me..WTF is going on that I just CANT watch this video?

Im realy starting to get pissed off.

I actually like watching the best flatlander alive...some people who dont even respect that that cling to funky chicken days get to watch it that think pumping is like lifting weights...god people get PASSED Dorkin.
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 06:16:16 PM »
Amazing rider.  I dont like his style.

Maybe I am just old.

Uhhhh Yep. That's most likely it.

He's smooth as butter, can pretty much do anything he wants.. but chooses to do **** that's harder than pretty much anyone else is doing. Pumping tricks like he does is HAAAARD.

wait Im old and I dont think that so it obviously has to do with something beyond that...I doubt Jesse Puente watched that and thinks..."pumping is like Olympic weight lifting"

I'd say older riders are prone to their pride.
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline Littlebike

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »
I actually like watching the best flatlander alive.

Top 10 Best Selling Albums of 2006

The final numbers are in. These are the 10 best selling albums of the year. Click on the title to read a review.

1. Soundtrack - High School Musical - 3,719,071
   2. Rascal Flatts - Me and My Gang - 3,479,994
   3. Carrie Underwood - Some Hearts - 3,015,950
   4. Nickelback - All the Right Reasons - 2,688,166
   5. Justin Timberlake - FutureSex / LoveSounds - 2,377,127
   6. James Blunt - Back to Bedlam - 2,137,142
   7. Beyonce - B'Day - 2,010,311
   8. Soundtrack - Hannah Montana - 1,987,681
   9. Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way - 1,856,284
  10. Hinder - Extreme Behavior - 1,817,350

These are the best selling albums so you MUST like them all on your ipod.

Lifting 1000 lbs isnt realy comparable.
Yes is it when you are looking at it from an entertainment perspective.  Both are incredibly difficult endeavors  but not particularly entertaining to watch.  Was I amazed at his technical ability?  Yes.  Was I board by minute 4? yes.

It is not pride, its maturity. When you grow up you will understand.

Offline Littlebike

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 07:55:36 PM »
it simply doesnt appear smooth? omg...im not even going to bother saying anything about that...

That was not to saw he is not smooth.  Clearly his transitions are impeccable and he is a master of technique and could do things on a bike with a broken arm I could never touch.  With all of that said, his riding "does not appear smooth or attractive to me".

"TO ME"!  IT IS AN OPINION.  I AM WILLING TO SHARE IT.  I though people here would be mature enough to see it for what is was without resorting to attacking me.  I guess I should hope for the best and expect the worst.   :rolleyes:

Offline ijdevil

• Cliffhanger
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 08:05:21 PM »
I GOTTA LEARN THAT WHEELCHAIR TO WHEELCHAIR SWITCH!! YES I AM TAKING NOTES AS WE SPEAK

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 08:22:49 PM »
I actually like watching the best flatlander alive.

Top 10 Best Selling Albums of 2006

The final numbers are in. These are the 10 best selling albums of the year. Click on the title to read a review.

1. Soundtrack - High School Musical - 3,719,071
   2. Rascal Flatts - Me and My Gang - 3,479,994
   3. Carrie Underwood - Some Hearts - 3,015,950
   4. Nickelback - All the Right Reasons - 2,688,166
   5. Justin Timberlake - FutureSex / LoveSounds - 2,377,127
   6. James Blunt - Back to Bedlam - 2,137,142
   7. Beyonce - B'Day - 2,010,311
   8. Soundtrack - Hannah Montana - 1,987,681
   9. Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way - 1,856,284
  10. Hinder - Extreme Behavior - 1,817,350

These are the best selling albums so you MUST like them all on your ipod.

Lifting 1000 lbs isnt realy comparable.
Yes is it when you are looking at it from an entertainment perspective.  Both are incredibly difficult endeavors  but not particularly entertaining to watch.  Was I amazed at his technical ability?  Yes.  Was I board by minute 4? yes.

It is not pride, its maturity. When you grow up you will understand.

I didnt say Matthias was the best selling flatlander..**** your trying to apply pop logic to flatland which doesnt work. I am saying that Matt techniques are better than anyones right now..he can generate speed from no where and without touching a tire, brake or even kicking a leg in the air.

Im 35 and have been riding since pre RAD days. Ive been on my bike for about 24 ish years now DOING FLATLAND...I raced BMX in the late 70's which I wont even count.

Matt is entertaining and good to everyone but you. So save your jealousy or whatever is driving you disslike Matthias's style..Ive seen him in person..hes bad ass. i think he needs to develope the back wheel a bit but damn give him time.

I dont think pumping equals ugly...i did at one time when people were pumping in straight lines.

The Dixie Chicks of flatland would be someone pulling pinky squeaks in pro class. The Dikie Chicks havent pushed music period..other than sales..they havent developed any new techniques or styles. Matthias would be more like a Dali in the painting world. Or Vaste Aire from an MC's perspective compared to mass selling Young Jeezy (Jizzy)

You just got back on your bike didnt you?

Just chill and catch up with your ideals. If pumping is the new scuff then what is the old scuff? Pumping that hasent happened yet?

I for the life of me cant understand how you can say what he is doing is ugly.

Your not making any points and sure not backing them with your bizarre comparrisons.

Matthias is the direction flatland is going while the Dixie Chicks followed established routes that people devloped wiht out "thank yous" in the form of checks.

Are you trying to say Matthias is a follower like the Dixie Chicks?

The fact you tossed in a "grow up" in there dates yourself not age but ideals..kind of like how JZ is dating himself by constantly yapping about how old and knowledgable he is. He's become the grand daddy of MC's..lol..but some dudes are out there that can out flow JZ that are both older and more selective.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 08:30:12 PM by JFos »

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 08:31:50 PM »
it simply doesnt appear smooth? omg...im not even going to bother saying anything about that...

That was not to saw he is not smooth.  Clearly his transitions are impeccable and he is a master of technique and could do things on a bike with a broken arm I could never touch.  With all of that said, his riding "does not appear smooth or attractive to me".

"TO ME"!  IT IS AN OPINION.  I AM WILLING TO SHARE IT.  I though people here would be mature enough to see it for what is was without resorting to attacking me.  I guess I should hope for the best and expect the worst.   :rolleyes:

I think mature people can judge peoples opinions dont you?

no one shating you they just dont agree...and your making silly comparisons that ae based on bad thinking.

Derek

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 08:48:50 PM »
Very very nice video! I was not bored for a second. His progress is off the charts, now he's venturing into backwheel too. It'll be interesting to see what comes of that!

Offline griOt

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 09:13:10 PM »
Damn, he just owned gravity
the few, the proud, the flatlanders

h_man

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 09:18:45 PM »
matthias is a swell flatlander, but it seems as though the majority of the stuff in that video he's doing he has done on numerous other vids. is everyone going nuts about it cuz it's ONE video of his bombs? you know what would be more impressive? seeing a video of Brian Vowell riding flat on here. and don't sheet talk b.v., he'll probably kick your ass on flat, too!

Totally agree Brian Vowells part in 665 1/2 was sick , Matthais impressed the hell outta me it was hard to keep up , ride on. ;D

Offline Littlebike

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 11:09:46 PM »
I never once denied his skill or brilliance as a rider, I simply said it is not that it "does not appear smooth or attractive to me".  Now it appears if somebody has a differing opinion on something it is open season on them.

Whether you are 35, 17, or 37 (such as myself) does not limit ones ability to see advancement where it happens - yes this is advanced, more so then I will ever reach - but simply because it is advanced does not mean I have to find it attractive as a style.

These same types of arguments happened in the trials communities when I rode trials; there was a golden boy that represented a legitimate advancement in the sport and if ANYBODY had the nerve to suggest something along the lines of, I dont like their style, they would be filleted online and roasted till the end of time.  I thought this was limited to that group, apparently not.

I stated my opinion.  It has nothing to do with age, style, jealousy, etc.  I do not find his riding aesthetically pleasing.  Technically superior, yes.  Aesthetically pleasing, no.  I feel all the pumping is herky jerky and thats that.  Simple.  Nothing more nothing less.

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 01:16:48 AM »
Then dont tell people to grow up when they dont agree with you.

You made points and people took your points on like I did. All you have to do is counter and make a point or back your already attempted establishments at a point.

Matthais isnt the Dixie chicks in any hypothetical comparrison. His style is fast fluid /liquid. No ones hating here, again people just dont agree with you.

I dont know what to say ..I mean in one thread you said he wasnt smooth and he was smooth at the same time.

So maybe in two years I'll be at the level of understanding you are..all grown up.

Tell my hows it no asthetic. Lets take it to the point your making. He's as smooth as any pro. Of course you do have to actually move your body a little when your flipping through tricks like he is..and pumping like he is.

i mean he could do some pinky squeaks to funky chickens and look smoother I'm sure.  ^_^

and no one is saying you didnt think he was skilled. I'm purely addressing you on the smoothness and uglyness part. I cant agree with you.

i dont see herky jerky.

and not you little but who ever said this video doesnt have anything new in it is not watching closely enough...hes doing things he wasnt capable of at Voodoo just a couple months ago. back wheel stuff..he's expanded on his halfpacker flip things..he's learned many of his variations one footed pumping...and not kicking his leg to do so.

Stereo I think he is VERY close to being able to hold down a video on his own.

I think this kids leanring more and quicker than any other pro right now..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 01:21:58 AM by JFos »

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 01:18:40 AM »
now if you said he kind of look like Julia Roberts I'd agree...well he might be a little cuter and he doesnt have horse teeth.

Offline Chester

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 01:34:23 AM »
thnx for posting the vid saschaflat ... that was unreal.

Offline Erik Otto

• GF Inhabitant
  • The Brotherhood for life.
    • Monolithic Flatland
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 01:43:02 AM »
I don't know what to say about that video.  I am speechless.  The shear amount of tricks and variations in there is off the charts.  No more laying the bike down rideouts either.  Glad he is outgrowing that.

I was watching it and thinking, "now all he has to do is master the back wheel" and no sooner do I think that and he is killing a back wheel link.  I can't imagine what he will be doing in 10 years?  I just don't want his to burn out like Andrew Faris.