Author Topic: C-C-C-Chase Bars!!! and flat forks! finally!  (Read 10703 times)

timk4130!

Re: C-C-C-Chase Bars!!! and flat forks! finally!
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2008, 05:06:15 AM »
there is about five riders i know using them...they are worth the weight...i meen wait...lol

Offline SIN

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2008, 03:44:27 PM »
there is about five riders i know using them...they are worth the weight...i meen wait...lol

yes, they are...i like mine a lot...

best bars ive ever had, they just feel perfect...

Thlayli

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2008, 10:42:42 PM »
Yeah, well I gave up. Odyssey doesn't seem to want the business. I bought SickChild instead, even though I would've preferred more sweep. I love Odyssey to death, but they really dropped the ball with these bars if they're still not available for retail sales in the States.

katobmx

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2008, 12:31:58 AM »
The Odyssey parts look great (including that illusive G-sport coaster) but by the time they realse them they will be out dated which I think is hilarious but hey keep coming out with new colors

Offline joedammit

• Backpacker
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2008, 12:46:51 AM »
I'm finally getting my goddamn Chase bars, this means I can start being a flatlander again!!!

Prasheel

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2008, 03:32:23 AM »
Oh no, Odyssey is actually having these parts put through rigorous testing!

When KHE keeps pumping out new stuff, and it breaks, everyone gets upset that they don't test their parts hard enough, and now when a company is testing stuff, you complain that you want it sooner.

If someone really needs new bars, there's PLENTY of options already out there.  If someone just wants these bars, I'm sure they can wait for them.

I personally really enjoy a lot of the stuff Ody puts out.  Yeah, it takes a while, and apart from the tires and forks, they haven't really done much else for flat, but I think they're doing a pretty decent job.  Hell, as hideous as the bars look, I really agree with the dimensions and am slightly interested.

Thlayli

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2008, 11:37:53 PM »
Oh no, Odyssey is actually having these parts put through rigorous testing!

When KHE keeps pumping out new stuff, and it breaks, everyone gets upset that they don't test their parts hard enough, and now when a company is testing stuff, you complain that you want it sooner.

If someone really needs new bars, there's PLENTY of options already out there.  If someone just wants these bars, I'm sure they can wait for them.

I personally really enjoy a lot of the stuff Ody puts out.  Yeah, it takes a while, and apart from the tires and forks, they haven't really done much else for flat, but I think they're doing a pretty decent job.  Hell, as hideous as the bars look, I really agree with the dimensions and am slightly interested.

Why didn't the Chase bars go through "rigorous testing" internationally? Why would it be okay for Europe and Asia to be able to buy the rejects retail?

I mean, sh*t, you can look through this thread alone; quite a few people that don't live in the US have had their Chase bars for a long time now... the set on eBay still have the retail packaging. Obviously they've been in production and on the shelves elsewhere. But not here. the people in the US that do have the Chase bars either got them from a hookup or got them overseas.

They were scheduled to be released a year ago. It doesn't seem like they even bother to make excuses to Pat anymore: "Nope. Dunno. Look at the pretty colors!"

katobmx

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2008, 11:52:57 PM »
I guess what I and others are trying to say is that its one thing to go through extensive testiing but theres a point where(and love ody to death) where its just BS how much testing is need for a bar that will be obsolete the time its put out in the U.S :angry:

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2008, 02:18:59 AM »
The bars don't pass quality control in US because of inconsistent sweep. Other countries don't care about sweep not being exact. That's it.

Offline midwestside

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2008, 02:27:24 AM »

They were scheduled to be released a year ago. It doesn't seem like they even bother to make excuses to Pat anymore: "Nope. Dunno. Look at the pretty colors!"

Its almost a running joke at my shop between me and the guy that orders parts.
quality bikes has had these bars,picture and all in not one, but two editions of their parts catalog.
being in 2007 and 2008.
bout every time the guy tries to re order them. The distributor is like,, "OK, should be in at the beginning of next month." So far its been about a year and a half of "next months".

I might as well opt for a set of custom mtf t4s. Its just way expensive for custom ,when i can get the chase ones with my shop discount.

Offline midwestside

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2008, 02:32:44 AM »
The bars don't pass quality control in US because of inconsistent sweep. Other countries don't care about sweep not being exact. That's it.

No offense or anything, but you'd figure they'd shop out the job to somebody that could get the job done right.

They dont seem to have a sweep problem with all the many street bars they make. They seem to always be coming out with street stuff without a hitch.

Hrmm, makes you wonder

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2008, 02:51:41 AM »
If Odyssey wanted these bars out, they'd be out.  For some reason, Odyssey doesn't want these bars out and I don't buy any questionable "quality control" arguments.  They've been around for years and they aren't that special as to require 2 years worth or testing or for it to take 2 years to get a vendor to do them right.  Sorry, I don't buy it.  There are other factors involved, trust me. 

I really like the looks and specs of these bars.  Ultra-low curved crossbar and narrow width at the bottom for all around clearance, they are not composed of 20 different metal bars (which I really don't like), and they are available with a decent amount of sweep and height.  The MTF T4 bars are similar, but I liked the specs on the Odysseys more but I'm not holding my breath.

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2008, 03:26:23 AM »
I'm just re-saying what Pat said earlier, plus I know Chase is picky and probably doesn't want his bars to hit the US market with wrong sweep.

If you consider custom MTF bars, you should also consider London ones. I got myself a set and was impressed with quality and how even sweep was. Will is also a nice guy.

timk4130!

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2008, 06:40:06 AM »
they may look simular...but side by side...they are two totally different bars...even cosmetic...

Offline joedammit

• Backpacker
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2008, 07:08:37 AM »
Someone said the bars would be out-dated by the time they come out on the american market.

Bars never go out of fashion. There are plenty of bars still kicking around that are 10+ years old, and that people still want to ride. Castillo/AD bars are a great example.

How many types of bars can you really produce? Every type of bars pretty much been made already.

Oh, and I dont care what else anyone says because IM FINALLY GETTING MY GODDAMN CHASE BARS!

p.s. - screw QBP and J&B