Author Topic: 22 mm spindle does not fit into 22 mm bearings  (Read 5303 times)

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: 22 mm spindle does not fit into 22 mm bearings
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 11:11:34 PM »
Hi guys,
I finally managed to install the spindle. The use of the reamer was not so easy because it was difficult to fix the inner ring of the bearing during the treatment with the reamer. So the effect was very small. In the end I succeeded with the method that metalbmxer suggested (thank you!). I slid one bearing onto the spindle and then pressed this one into the frame. After this I could slide the second one over the spindle and press it into the frame. I was surprised but I can even move the spindle by hammering it slightly. So I am pretty sure I could remove it one day if needed.
I am still surprised by the bearing being so weak that they can be compressed in the radial direction. I am pretty sure that this is not a high grade steel...
But in the end it was easier than expected.
Thanks for all your input!
I will post pictures soon.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 01:58:38 PM »
Hi,
I would like to share how it turned out. The bike has an old KHE freecoaster which makes the back end a little heavier but the total weight is about 9,7 kg so it is light...
As I told I won the frame, fork and bars so I wanted to build it up to check it out. In the end I have to say that I do not like the two-piece bar because of less space around the front end and I also do not like 6 deg backsweep. The offset fork is also not for me. But it is an interesting bike and it was cheap to build it up...

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »
Very welcome!

Wow that bike looks dialed! I can tell you that the 6 degree sweep is worth getting used to. I've been rocking it for a few years now and it is so nice on your wrists for your jump tricks and whatever else puts a ton of pressure on your wrists.

Now I will say that I totally feel ya on the min offset forks. I tried them and went right back to 0 offset.

Anyways, beautiful build!!!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 07:11:47 PM »
Thank you for the nice comments!
This is not my main bike so I will ride it from time to time for fun. But I prefer my custom frames  :D
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=61962.0
Nevertheless it is a good option to try something different.