Author Topic: profile nano sprocket/st martin crank issue?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
profile nano sprocket/st martin crank issue?
« on: August 05, 2015, 01:26:11 AM »
So I'm getting St. Martin cranks locally and on Flatland fuel it says the profile sprocket is not recommended....anyone have any feedback on this? Do the sprocket bolt holes not line up? The st Martin cranks are 48 spline, like profile. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Offline dcochran4

• Hitchhiker
Re: profile nano sprocket/st martin crank issue?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 02:42:54 PM »
Not sure if this is of any help to you, but I run a Profile Spline Drive Sprocket on my splined Ares Illblend cranks, despite flatland fuel saying that it is not guaranteed to work on Asian-made 48 spline spindles.

I probably overlooked it, but I failed to find any recommendations against your proposed sprocket/crank combo on their site. The bolt holes should really be of no concern if you are using a spline system, as far as I understand. The pictures for the splined and bolt drive versions of the Evo cranks both appear to have the same length of splined area on the spindle.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 11:28:19 PM »
Hi,
this is a little confusing. Which St. Martin crank do you mean exactly?
Do you want to install a spine drive sprocket? The Profile Nano Imperial is not spline drive, am I right?
I can not imagine why a regular sprocket should not fit to a 19 mm Profile type crank with regular bolt drive, except compatibility issues due to micro drive vs. the regular and sprockets with 22 T or less of course. The Profile sprocket is Nano Drive, so if your crank is not it will not work.
Please give more details or links to the parts.

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 02:33:17 AM »
ended up getting hooked up with a khe sprocket....thanks guys!

heres the cranks
http://flatlandfuel.com/stmartinevoregularcrankset.aspx

and sprocket
http://flatlandfuel.com/profile332nanoimperialsprocket.aspx

Smaller and thicker version of the Profile Imperial sprocket. Made in the USA. Fits only cranks that have a second bolt hole for smaller sprockets such as Profile Flatland, KHE Hindenburg and many other. Not recommended for St. Martin cranks.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 08:33:36 PM »
Ok, so you could circumvent the problem... I do also not understand why this sprocket should not work with this crank. Maybe another St. Martin crank was meant.
In such a case I would ask Pat from Flatlandfuel directly. He answers fast and precise in most cases.
Have fun with you new crank setup!