Author Topic: Hutch Trick Star 2015  (Read 7923 times)

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
Hutch Trick Star 2015
« on: May 14, 2015, 02:48:57 PM »
Anyone riding one of these?

How is the weight for this frame  :rolleyes:

From what I can tell is that its not too far off from an S&M Intrikat by geometry

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Hutch Trick Star 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 01:24:49 AM »
It's more of a retro frame... I have seen several built up but no one actually riding it.
The fork has an issue... you can't fit pegs... but I guess you can sell it and buy a zero offset one.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 01:33:42 AM »
Wow, thanks for the info. I want a frame to ride, not collect dust  :huh:

That is the only frame out that has a usable platform for decade tricks.. the Subrosa was going to be my next frame until I saw how far back the seat angle was for back wheel tricks with the seat post at height.  :huh:

I guess it will have to do with a different fork ... Thanks again  :beer:

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 09:17:56 AM »
I personally would stay clear from the new retro trick stars ... I have read numerous issues, from forks issues to bad chrome etc.

Just get rick at standard to make you a rickstar.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 02:27:44 PM »
Rick is not reachable thru email and I heard rumors that Standard took a dump... not sure if this true as of yet, but that would explain why his links and email are out of commission.  :huh:

As far as the trick stars go.. the only thing that scares me is the welds  :huh:

I have yet to find someone that can tell me if the welds are good enough for day in/out riding  :huh:

I know I'm not going to find London Bikes welding but at least some what decent  :rolleyes:

Offline 1

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 05:07:04 PM »
Standard has been posting pics of their shop, their products, their riders, etc every single day on instagram.

So somebody is there making, shipping, and riding bikes. They even talked about testing a flatland frame for a future line of flat products...that was posted within the past 2 weeks.

Sounds like that rumor is worthless....and I have always been able to reach Rick at info@standardbyke.com

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 11:37:22 PM »
The Trickstars are taiwan made just like the majority of other companies, I guess it will hold up ok.

Standard is a good option, although it might cost more.

Topic: https://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=54411.0

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 11:40:51 PM »
Another platform option is the Colony Prody - http://www.global-flat.com/parts/part/1762

the V2 should be coming out in a few months.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 12:17:58 AM »
Could be true.. its Facebook talk

I'm thinking PIR right now.. I know he's up and running

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 09:44:02 AM »
I don't know what the dollar / euro conversion is like but I am a big fan of PIR.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
2017 Hutch Trick Star Flatland Kit
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 08:42:23 PM »
Quote from: Hutch BMX
Ahhhh, lavender! All new for 2017 is the Trick Star Flatland in lavender, which includes the white/black shadow sticker set to really set it apart from the pink version. Dedicated purple anodized parts complete the kit, so you're sure to have all the parts you need right away to build this awesome color combo! Only 10 sets made and we're keeping one for the factory, so grab one of the other 9 for yourself. Would make an incredible Christmas present for the kids (and you can still ride it when they're not looking). Buy it right now at HutchBMX.com with factory-direct shipping to any address in the world. Visa/MC accepted, and also PayPal if you're in USA.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 02:46:51 AM »
I had a Lavender 84....

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 03:08:14 PM »
I'm going to save up and buy one and ride flat and street with it. They look so freaking cool!!!

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 04:50:24 PM »
I was never a big Hutch guy but these are cool. At that price though you could have your own USA made custom frame done with Ketch, Laird, WE, PedalDriven or Stout bikes.
 Too expensive for a Taiwanese mass produced frame.
I feel the same with the rerelease lineage Haros.

Offline retrofreak

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 09:38:23 PM »
Yeah I built my 2015 Trickstar up twice and rode it hard for Flatland, It's comes alive when you run different forks as the stock fork dropouts are too small.
Also the chainstays are angled so the chain can hit the stays if slack and running 25T.

Other than the above issues it's easily one of the best modern Retro/Flatland frames I've ridden IMHO.