Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449486 times)

Offline windcutterclare

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1440 on: January 12, 2014, 09:54:00 AM »
Hello everybody, I'm Mark, a total newbie on this kind of bmx discipline, I already learned some beginners trick like fork glide, cyclone, and infinite roll. Hoping to learn whiplash and halflash or hang 5 this summer. Too bad i only have to ride during summer, winter is very long here in Canada. My basement is kinda small for learning few tricks. =)

Offline noposer

« Reply #1441 on: January 13, 2014, 01:09:53 AM »

Hello,
               My name is Sean Watkins and I live Jacksonville, Fl. I've been riding flatland since 1986 after seeing the movie "Rad". I'm still lucky enough to physically ride even though ten years as a firefighter almost ruined my back. I just try to find the time whenever I can which usually means keeping my bike in the back of the SUV and grabbing a session when a window of opportunity opens. I've continually progressed by pushing myself to learn new tricks regardless of the difficulty, and not allowing myself to stay with the "safe" tricks. I just enjoy riding for the rush of pulling a trick, the fellowship with my fellow riders, and exercise to stay young at heart. Peace

Offline theisaac

« Reply #1442 on: January 27, 2014, 04:38:50 AM »
I'm Isaac.
I'm 41 years old.
I live in Phoenix, Arizona.

I started riding flatland when I was 12 and stopped when I went to college.
Life takes over and I have a super cool wife and some kids that learned to ride bikes last year so I'm getting back into riding myself.

I've ordered an S&M 20.5tt Intrikat frame and forks to start riding again. It's probably too long for the tricks most of you are doing these days but it's big enough for an old guy to ride and do some hang 5's on.

I'm stoked on where you all have taken the sport and your creativity with your riding. I feel blessed to still have the health and ability to chase the rush we all call flatland.

I look forward to getting to know many of you here on the forum.
Thanks,
Isaac

Offline Jacob_Howe

« Reply #1443 on: January 29, 2014, 02:05:39 AM »
Hello! I rode for a few years (2005ish-2010ish) and want to get back into it.
I'm in Nashville, TN.
I'm a photographer most of the time.
33y/o

Offline Richard B Dragon

« Reply #1444 on: February 27, 2014, 03:17:49 AM »
Hello!  Been a lurker for years.

Been riding bmx religiously since 97-8ish. 26 now. I built a intrikat up last year, hardly touched it honestly. Couple fakies here and there, never really got into flat when I was young. Always enjoyed it. Recently my everyday/commuter 20" went out of commission. I've been spending more time, when the weather isn't below freezing, f*ckin around in a V slanted parking lot behind my apt. 

Ill continue to lurk most likely. Checking out bikes, watching how to's

This verification sh*t before you can post is gonna get old tho. Guess t helps with drunk posting. The Muse needs that to kick in after 8pm

Offline Jimbo

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1445 on: February 27, 2014, 10:27:19 AM »
the verification stops after a few posts mate. Nice one for posting.

Offline Richard B Dragon

« Reply #1446 on: February 27, 2014, 11:22:47 AM »
Looks like that was the last one to use it. Ill be around. I frequent Bmxmuseum so I'm sure gF will slip my
Mind.

Offline DoYouFlatland

« Reply #1447 on: February 28, 2014, 07:41:48 AM »
Hi,

Name: Dave Halflip
Riding since: Flatland since 2014
Bike: 2014 Eastern Enso (Bike Check Soon)

Offline Tangle

« Reply #1448 on: May 07, 2014, 10:55:14 PM »
Hi, my name is Tanner, though I respond just as frequently to tangle, been riding since 7th grade, so about 10 years, i'm 22 now. I wouldn't consider myself a flatland rider, actually spend most of my time doing halfcabs down stuff, but I am interested in adding more flat-inspired tricks to my riding.

I can already hang five and fork glide, keep rolling my ankle anytime I try and whiplash.

Offline Yousef Al Haeri

• My Facebook's Athlete Fan Page!
« Reply #1449 on: May 09, 2014, 02:07:12 AM »
Hi,

Name: Joseph El Ghanim (Joe) for shortcut.
Nickname: Bozurk
Riding Since: 2010
Bike Check: http://postimg.org/image/peaf5nuat/
Ride in The Line !

Offline tavarishch

« Reply #1450 on: May 12, 2014, 04:06:08 AM »
Hello all,

I just turned 40 and decided to turn to BMX for my midlife crisis.  I have never done flatland before but used to do some simple stuff as a kid (wheelies, bunny hops, jumps, etc).  I picked up a Haro 300.3 a couple of weeks ago and have been checking out forums such as this one and youtube tutorials to figure out some basic tricks.

So far I can do some of the basics such as endo, pogos (front and back), fork glide, bar spin, manual/peg wheelie and rock walk.  The hardest part right now is feeling out my balance points so I can coast on just one wheel for an extended period.  Once I get the balance points down, I will try to work some of these tricks into combos.

Look forward to getting to know some other flatlanders.

Offline shape

« Reply #1451 on: May 12, 2014, 05:45:32 PM »
hi all. my names jony may an ive been ridin bout ten years, mainly street/flat but starting to take flat a little more seriously. im 33 years old and im ridind a 20.5 benny l no brakes and all street parts.

Offline auburn88

« Reply #1452 on: August 07, 2014, 06:50:36 PM »
Name: Jered
Riding since: 1985
Bike: 2014 Ares Ashura

Competed mainly from 1987-1990 in AFA/CSFA (Kansas/Missouri) flatland contests. Took a couple decades off, and am back for more punishment... I mean fun :)

Offline Zeppelin

« Reply #1453 on: September 25, 2014, 01:02:19 AM »
Hi I'm Yuo, currently living in London. I'm new to flatland but have had a strong interest in it for years. I come from a freeride and trials background and always loved watching BMX but never really got into it until now :). I'm starting to get parts together for a new build to learn on, can't wait til I'm flatlanding! If anyone's in London and wants to go for a ride some time give me a heads up.

Offline surfer459

« Reply #1454 on: September 27, 2014, 03:35:23 AM »
  Only thing worse than a new guy is an old new guy.  On that note my name is Mike, I'm 34 years old and live in La Porte Tx on the outskirts of Houston.
  I've been riding flatland for a short period of time and have only a couple of tricks down.  Currently working on the fork glide where I'm struggling with the exit.  Hoping to meet some people in the houston area to ride with and learn with.