Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449728 times)

Offline Flatlanda

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1425 on: September 25, 2013, 11:44:32 AM »
Hi everyone, just a quick intro.

Name: Keith.

Age: another 44 year old here, been riding since 84 but took up Flatland around 86. Just getting back into it (again) after the local BMX track was recently fixed up.

Bikes: First decent bike was a Hutch Pro Raider which was eventually turned into a freestyle bike by fitting a rotor and pegs, Hutch Windstyler, Haro Master (stolen :( ), Hutch Trickstar II, Currently riding an 88 Master bought from the US a few years ago. Have a 99 Zippo on the way to see what it's like, will likely go for something newer if I can find something suitable.

Keith ;)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:49:12 AM by Flatlanda »

Offline crawltech

« Reply #1426 on: September 28, 2013, 12:53:33 PM »
Name: Matthew Logiacco
Riding since: 1995
Bike: Quamen G3,WTP Zero forks,48h wheelset, 3 pc Powerbites, Tubesteaks,Ronin bars and sprocket,990`s,Tech 77`s,Oryg
When not riding I can be found behind a set of Technics 1200`s, Wrenching on my truck, Wheeling my truck and more.. :beer: :beer:

Matt B)

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
« Reply #1427 on: October 01, 2013, 11:34:28 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm Adam. Been riding park/street but getting more into flatland as parks/spots become scarce/too far away. I currently ride a fully loaded set up (2 brakes, 4 pegs, ect)

hoping to build a dedicated flat bike soon and learn more.

If you were at texas round up this year, i was in the beginner category with the red/black/blue bike haha

Offline ngpete

« Reply #1428 on: October 04, 2013, 02:51:38 PM »
Name: Peter

Hi guys/gals, i'm new to bmx and i haven't own one yet. I'm still surveying for flatland bikes as I have limited choices of bikes from where I stay. I travel a lot, mainly working offshore on ships. When i'm not working I workout in gym. Nice meeting you all.

Pete

Offline chuppy83

« Reply #1429 on: October 22, 2013, 01:25:49 AM »
chuppy83
Florida
deco 19tt

Offline chromoly

• Forkglider
« Reply #1430 on: November 04, 2013, 09:45:41 AM »
Hi, im andy 36years old from regensburg/germany. Riding street and old fashioned "freestyle" since 20years+ (dont remember exactly but also with years of no riding).
The last time in riding street i started thinking too much and bailed hard and often. However i made my dream come true and started to ride straight flatland since 3 months and i will definiteley keep going.
Unfortunateley at the moment it seems that im the only active flatlander in my town. (but i remember times back in the 90´s apparently i was the only active BMXer here, unable to buy eaven pegs because there was no shop with BMX or internet..ummg)

Now riding a deco succubus-frame, assembled with parts from my (broken frame) suelo ex complete.

My other hobby is science in all its facets, and im collecting crude oil+minerals  ;D
-if somebody of you oil engineers out there would be able to send a small sample of crude oil, that would be great!!  :P
..and i do neeed lots of beer, what is expected of me as a anständiger bavarian :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Cheers!!!

Offline TeeMorrison

• A man, 37 and still arsing about on little bikes.
« Reply #1431 on: November 05, 2013, 05:47:21 PM »

Name: Tee Morrison

Just a quick hello as I've just signed up. I've just started to getting into flatland after a friend inspired me to give it a go.
I've rode bmx since the late 1980's off and on, mainly street and trails. But lately I've caught the flatland bug, which will be interesting as my flat skills are practically at zero!

Offline neophyte16

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1432 on: November 08, 2013, 04:17:46 PM »
NAME: Ryan
BIKE: I have a 30 LBS HARO 100.1 Series ( The cheapest complete bike I could find here )

Offline sleepyhollow

« Reply #1433 on: November 09, 2013, 10:05:49 PM »
Wow it's been a while since I've been on here.
Chris is the name
I'm old but not as old as Alfred Lerma
Miss this stuff, huge.
I haven't rode in years and years.
Who knows may pick up a bike for fun and be old school
Awesome to see that the sport is a none stop progression
Talks soon and Mr. Lerma get in touch, unless ur in a home lol

Offline zero grade

« Reply #1434 on: November 21, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »
Name: Steve Ballman
35 yrs old
From Pasadena Maryland
Riding about 25 yrs.
Flatland bike: S&M Sabbath. Custom work to frame to personalize it to what I want
Race:Intense, Cruiser:Haro, Dirt jumping:Schwin, Street:Fishbone

Offline oldtallmike

• Excuse me, please stop making excuses
    • Regression Process
« Reply #1435 on: November 27, 2013, 04:39:17 AM »
Name: Mike Moore
Riding Since:1984
Bike: Sunday Soundwave, Sunday Wave C

I've been riding on and off for almost 30 years...Took the past  x years off due to injuries and work and life, etc...Can't shake it from my system, so here I am again. Square one. I like square one though, it inevitably leads to circles.

Offline tweaked

« Reply #1436 on: December 05, 2013, 03:18:58 AM »
I'm 45 and just started flatland after 12 years away from BMX!
3 sessions on my old (now my son's) 2001 haro shredder and I just ordered a new KHS A-damn ST.
I live in squamish BC

Offline Jimbo

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1437 on: December 09, 2013, 02:14:58 PM »
Name: James
Bike: Inertia Unit Elite Frame with various components.

Hello. Wanted to join up so I had somewhere decent to chat about flatland. I'm coming back into BMX after a long gap; I ended up spending the last 8 or so years DJing (it snowballed so fast!) But now I'm back to my original passion after moving on from music. Definitely made the right choice.
Catch you around the forum.

Cheers.

Offline LooseNut

« Reply #1438 on: January 02, 2014, 07:38:18 PM »
Name: Braden (My friends call me Brady)
Current Bike: [size=78%]http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=60315.0[/size][/size][size=78%] [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Just wanted introduce myself to the community... I've been riding for 1 year now. I love flatland and take it very seriously (fun is still my priority though). I push myself to progress, even if it's just a small amount, every time I ride. I currently ride a custom 88 Pro Freestyle Tour that I built from the ground up including my wheels. I do plan to add an all new bike/setup to my arsenal this year. [/size]

[/size]
 B)

Offline DBZ

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1439 on: January 10, 2014, 06:17:56 PM »
F Y T W