Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449790 times)

Offline B-k-murphy

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1335 on: November 17, 2011, 03:01:57 PM »
Ben from Australia. 27. Been riding bmx all my life, had a mountain bike, rode it once, now rusting away in my shed. Been interested in flatland for a long time seeing a little clip here or there (before the days of youtube), but only recently really trying to learn a little more than the basics I know. Have a old heavy schwinn that I've changed almost everything on, but decided that it was time for an upgrade, so started building a new flatland specific bike from scratch.
So far got me a colony cube frame, KGB electro bars, Colony wheels with a Nankai freecoster rear and colony agenda tyres, other bits and pieces from WTP and Colony. Got coming soon Cube forks, St Martin CD Sprocket, WTP Royal cranks, Colony BB. All thats left is some brakes, pegs, seat and seat post. Can't wait to ride this thing, aint nothing like riding a bike you built from scratch. Just hope I don't face-plant and brake the thing on the first ride.

Offline G2fspro

New Here
« Reply #1336 on: December 05, 2011, 03:37:08 AM »
I'm new to the site I am from Cincinnati, OH and I have been riding for about 14 years now. I ride street, Park, some very and some flatland. I'm still rocking front and back brakes

Offline speedy89

« Reply #1337 on: December 17, 2011, 09:43:17 PM »
Hi! I'm speedy from Poland. I'm bicycle stunter now, here's my latest stunt vid
New mtb stunt
I wanna buy and start to be a flatlander. Hope to get some help in here and maybe buy a bike. Greetings from Poland!

Offline mattyhixx

• Forkglider
« Reply #1338 on: December 26, 2011, 06:54:39 AM »
name: Matt Hicks
Bike: 2011 DK Opsis. not quite the 87 gt pft i used to have >:(
Riding Since: Started in 93 back into flat 2 weeks ago

Offline suelowandslow

« Reply #1339 on: December 31, 2011, 06:14:57 AM »
name: Omar Hernandez
Bike: Suelo Simple and a Fly Tierra
Started riding when i was 15 and as of today I now have a flatland bike!!! >:D

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #1340 on: December 31, 2011, 09:20:51 AM »
name: Omar Hernandez
Bike: Suelo Simple and a Fly Tierra
Started riding when i was 15 and as of today I now have a flatland bike!!! >:D

Dude Omar! You should come up to Fort Lupton tomorrow (Saturday) from 1 - 4pm and ride with us. I sent you a message with details.
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline stefani88

« Reply #1341 on: January 16, 2012, 09:09:06 AM »

hello, i am new here, i am very happy come here , nice to meet you .

Offline carsonwatt

« Reply #1342 on: January 18, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »
Hello, My name is Carson. I live and ride in Canada. But I f@cked my ankle so I cant ride street, park, or dirt anymore. I tried to learn flatland a long time ago and kind of liked it. So Here I am. Im currently riding a 20 inch toptube we the people street bike. But I'm going to hopefully build up a more suitable bike. So If anybody has any suggestions on what I should do to really start enjoying flatland I would really appreciate it. THANKS GUYS

Offline karlo

« Reply #1343 on: January 18, 2012, 02:34:12 PM »
Hi all,
name is Karl and would like to start learning flatland...
I have always wanted a bmx when I was young and have now got my first ever bmx 2000 GT Performer as I wanted to go biking with my daughters. OK I am 40 young!!!
Now that I have got myself a bmx I started to do research and quite like flatland tricks etc, dont think  I will be going on ramps etc...
Is it too late for me and is my GT ok for flatland??

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #1344 on: January 18, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »
Is it too late for me and is my GT ok for flatland??

Its definitely not too late karl. Your right on time.

The GT will get you going, but I can tell you that at our age, you will quickly want something more modern. The weight of those bikes wear you out in about 30 minutes and will seriously kill your wrists after a while. Have fun on it, but start saving for and planning new bike. You will be glad you did.
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline karlo

« Reply #1345 on: January 18, 2012, 11:30:08 PM »
Jake4130, thanks for the spirit uplift!
Lol that was what I was worried about, the weight of the GT. Maybe I could source a second hand frame and fork as I am guessing those will be the heaviest.
I am finding it hard to even lift the GT to just do the barspin!

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #1346 on: January 22, 2012, 07:27:58 PM »
John, age 41 in San Antonio

I'm pretty old school. I'll ride anything from vert to flat, but flat seems most interesting to me at the moment.

Started out riding with the guys in Corsicana Texas, a surprisingly decent scene in the 80's and early 90's for such a small town.

I haven't really ridden since 2001 or so when I was riding a lot of park with the Houston crew and did some flat there as well with Huck.

Trying to find some guys to ride with here in SA.  Started talking to Leather Hands (Paul) and trying to get a flatland bike set up.

Dragging 40lbs of Haro around until I get a better bike will hopefully get the old muscles back in shape at least!

Offline a fl@ world

« Reply #1347 on: February 03, 2012, 08:26:30 PM »
Bryan White
Ortonville, MI (near to Detroit)
Riding flat 4 years, on-and-off

I ride because I love to feel the edge without falling off. It is a way to push my mentality further into a balanced circle of life. My bicycle is the coolest thing I have ever seen O0 . I love flatland, supporting new riders, and the overall growth of an underappreciated sport.

I had a very good start into the flat world. A very special individual who was around during the era when flatland first hit the scene was my teacher and good friend. He is now almost 45 and can do a f*cking blender!!! He rode with the likes of chase gouin (when he was still allowed in the US) bobby carter, and many other west-coast flatland innovators. I was very blessed to have a teacher, motivator, and friend to share the brilliant sport of flatland.

favorite flatland movies are Ded, all of the Dorkin films, and anything with Kevin Jones, simon obrien, or jesse puente.

Right now i am living in Poland, with my girlfriend and do not have my bike >:( !!! I will be returning to Michigan in March and hope to be back on my bike the day that plane hits the ground!!

Show me some love anytime

signature trick: scorpion hang nothing (you like that dont you? B) )

Offline Tim N

« Reply #1348 on: February 08, 2012, 03:24:46 AM »
Tim Neff
I live in the St. Louis, Mo area and started riding flat again a few months back & skatepark end of last winter.. Before that it was about a 10-12 years of not riding.

Offline doodoo

« Reply #1349 on: February 10, 2012, 11:47:31 PM »
Dustin Nichols 41 and live in Victoria, TX. Rode back in the day (flatland and vert 84-90)came across a late model GT PFT and couldnt pass it up.Finally have it ready to ride!!  Will def need some input on  parts to upgrade  and would like to upgrade to a new frame/fork soon. So crazy seeing how far flat has evolved since i rode last....