Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449686 times)

Offline bobonbikes

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1245 on: March 27, 2011, 09:59:49 AM »
Bob Walter, 38 yrs young, Orlando, FL USA
I have been riding bikes and doing tricks since 1985
super cool old school dude, who like to have a good time
currently on a Queman, still rockin' back brakes
first joker to pull a rolling decade off a jump,
I used to compete, but now really just slay tricks for fun,
know for giving the cool guy head nod, and saying RIDE ON RIDERS!

Offline seekfun

« Reply #1246 on: March 29, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »
Chris LaVesser
36 years old
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
My last flatland session was probably in 1994.  For the past 17 years I've been playing mostly with mountain bikes and parachutes, but the itch to roll some tricks hasn't gone away.  So I ordered a flatland bike (wow they're hard to find these days) and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.  I've broken 12 bones and had a couple orthopedic surgeries since hanging up the flatland bike way back then, so we'll see how easily I recover each morning from the previous day's wipe-outs.  But I've stayed in shape, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

If anyone on these forums is in the Milwaukee area, wants to ride (flatland or mountain bikes) or play with parachutes, let me know!

Cheers,

Chris

Offline Faceplant

« Reply #1247 on: April 07, 2011, 07:36:47 AM »
Hey yall

I'm Marko, I'm 24 years old, and I live in Richmond Virginia. I used to BMX from when I was like 15 until I was 18 then my bike got jacked and I found out that I actually had other responsibilities. Booo. But now I'm back, and even though I've been intrigued by flatland all along, now I am seriously getting into it. Picked up a KHE A-damn about 4 days ago, and I'm starting to get back in the groove. My shins are starting to remember how BMX works lol. My flatland expertise has been limited to these past 4 days, but I got fork glides down, tailwhips sometimes, and trackstands all day long. Anyone in the Richmond area who wants to ride together and teach me the ropes? Hit me up anytime! I'll be on this board probably all the time. Look forward to learning some new tricks and meeting some new folks!

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #1248 on: April 07, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »
Hey yall

I'm Marko, I'm 24 years old, and I live in Richmond Virginia. I used to BMX from when I was like 15 until I was 18 then my bike got jacked and I found out that I actually had other responsibilities. Booo. But now I'm back, and even though I've been intrigued by flatland all along, now I am seriously getting into it. Picked up a KHE A-damn about 4 days ago, and I'm starting to get back in the groove. My shins are starting to remember how BMX works lol. My flatland expertise has been limited to these past 4 days, but I got fork glides down, tailwhips sometimes, and trackstands all day long. Anyone in the Richmond area who wants to ride together and teach me the ropes? Hit me up anytime! I'll be on this board probably all the time. Look forward to learning some new tricks and meeting some new folks!

Welcome! There have to be some guys on here in Richmond. Just have to be.

BTW I don't know how many guys on here still use shin guards, but I still swear by my Poor Boy shin guards from bitd. I may look like I'm rockin big black socks, but I would rather not look cool and progress then smash my shins up. ;)
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline klavopa

« Reply #1249 on: April 08, 2011, 01:18:28 AM »
Hey everyone, my name is Dillon and I'm 17 years old from Texas. I just started to flatland and I gotta say I'm pretty bad at it.. Been trying to endo and can't even pull that off :l
I hope to meet some people and learn a lot!

Offline chinagrrrl

« Reply #1250 on: April 11, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »
Name: China Krys Darrington
Riding since: 1984-1992 and since fall 2010
Bike: Zion Luna

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1251 on: April 11, 2011, 10:04:42 PM »

Great to hear you're riding again!

Offline chinagrrrl

« Reply #1252 on: April 11, 2011, 10:09:57 PM »
Thanks.  I wouldn't quite call it "riding" just yet.  More like "rolling around in one direction or another with one of the wheels up and seeing which foot should go where".  I aspire to "riding" status sometime this summer! 

Offline morgan

• Team
  • Backpacker
  • Old fool on an old tool
« Reply #1253 on: April 11, 2011, 10:45:26 PM »
China... Three years in, and I'm still aspiring to riding... Good to see another older rider back in the game, and female to boot!  Always good to have more women in BMX!
More off than on, but still loving it! Flatland until you can't!

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #1254 on: April 12, 2011, 01:52:27 AM »
Thanks.  I wouldn't quite call it "riding" just yet.  More like "rolling around in one direction or another with one of the wheels up and seeing which foot should go where".  I aspire to "riding" status sometime this summer! 

Welcome back!

My history is about the same as yours. I just started up again a few months ago too and pretty much lost everything I could ever do. But I am getting it back trick by trick and made a post for others in that same situation to see my progression in hopes that it encourages others to stick with it and keep working. At risk at blowing my own horn, maybe you will find it inspirational? If nothing else it will give you a place to start?

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=46070

Keep positive!

Offline chinagrrrl

« Reply #1255 on: April 12, 2011, 04:05:59 AM »
Thanks much man!  I appreciate that.  Gives me some good ideas of how to start!  Thanks for sharing.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1256 on: April 16, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »

Welcome back Krys. I remember seeing you in the magazines back in the day.  ;D

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #1257 on: April 16, 2011, 06:35:38 PM »

Welcome back Krys. I remember seeing you in the magazines back in the day.  ;D

No way! I did NOT put that together at all that she is THAT Krys. Now I kinda feel like a dumb ass for giving advice lol.

Offline chinagrrrl

« Reply #1258 on: April 18, 2011, 06:25:09 PM »
/laff

Oh, you know me...always on the DL.  Kidding, thanks for the welcome, and it *is* always good to get suggestions how to start!  I appreciate it!

Krys

Offline PEGLEG

« Reply #1259 on: April 23, 2011, 04:31:28 AM »
Hi, I'm Nathan from Canberra, Australia. I'm 32, very keen to get back into riding again after about 7 years. Wish I didn't stop! Just resurrecting my micro machine now. Want to try and ride as much as I can again, it's encouraging to see there are quite a few 30+ year-old people on here. Gives me some hope that I'm still not to old!
Cheers! :crash:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:24:00 AM by PEGLEG »