Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449401 times)

Offline kwstas

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1200 on: October 29, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »
hi every1!
i'm kostas from patras,greece.I've been riding for 1 week but stopped cause i broke my knee.I ride a wtp arcade 2010...I'm a starter so any info on tricks would be welcome.
cheers :ph34r:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:40:57 PM by kwstas »

Offline robertomalon

« Reply #1201 on: November 02, 2010, 11:21:12 PM »
Hey what's up everybody ?

My name is Guillaume I'm 24, I come from Marseilles in France, I ride bmx since I am 16 but flatland is reeally recent for me haha, I traded my street bike for a KHE equilibrium and I do flat after work for 2 monthes now.

I think my english is not as well as yours guys but I hope we'll share some good things together... ;D

Offline letsgo

• Backpacker
    • Ketch Bikes
« Reply #1202 on: November 18, 2010, 06:13:43 AM »
I am still here.  I just changed my User Display name back to letsgo.  I changed it to Paul 'letsgo' Hahn but people always tried to IM me at that name and not the true user name on the account letsgo.

Offline 1pyroace1

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1203 on: November 18, 2010, 06:40:52 PM »
Hey what's up everybody ?

My name is Guillaume I'm 24, I come from Marseilles in France, I ride bmx since I am 16 but flatland is reeally recent for me haha, I traded my street bike for a KHE equilibrium and I do flat after work for 2 monthes now.

I think my english is not as well as yours guys but I hope we'll share some good things together... ;D
nice 2 meet you
"you may not change the world but you can change a part of it"

Offline sinatrix

« Reply #1204 on: November 20, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
Hey everyone

Name: Robert
Riding since: Just started again
Bike: GT Zone

I use to ride when I was younger, and just recently decided to start learning some flat. Stumbled across this site and it seemed pretty awesome. Anyone in the Spring/Houston area feel free to hit me up, would love to meet with riders and learn some new things, Peace

Offline performula

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1205 on: November 21, 2010, 03:35:40 AM »
Hi, my name is Justin. I like getting a rise out of people.

Offline performula

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1206 on: November 21, 2010, 03:42:04 AM »
Seriously.

I wanted a Hooligan. Couldn't afford it, so I rode a Villain for a little bit. The bike was stolen. Cruised around on a Menace for a little bit without practicing. Purchased a Dyno Slammer in '00/'01. Rode it a few times and reality hit. I've gained interest again, but cannot find a bike. My Slammer is too nice to ride. It was one of the last generation "mid-school" bikes. Lol

Offline SRQ_WELDER

« Reply #1207 on: November 23, 2010, 06:28:56 PM »
Lenny
Sarasota Fl.
Coming off a looong hiatus. 20 years or so. I have dabbled here and there. but really wanting to get into a steady riding regimen. Seeing all the other old timers coming back has motivated me!

I just picked up A DK Opsis from FF. 

Offline mikef350

yet another newbie
« Reply #1208 on: November 28, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »
hi all

my name is mike and i am from brigg,near scunthorpe uk i am 29 and was mostly into retro mountain bikes and radio control buggies etc but recentlyy i have been wanting to get a flatland bmx.iam a complete novice and a little worried that i may be alittle too old to start bmx,any way i picked up a khe premium lager (chrome) frame,forks,headset,cranks,chainring,seat,seatpost,pedals for £150 off the bay not sure this was a good deal but i had heard of the khe lager over the years so i thought sod it iam going to buy it.it is now in bits and being re polished.luckily the chrome and other bits are in realy good condition here is a pic before i striped it down and started to clean her up comments welcome good or bad.

next job is to source a nice set of wheels and bars
If your not first your last.

He who dares rodder's,he who dares my son.

Offline Kevin G.

• Backpacker
  • You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1209 on: December 08, 2010, 10:25:11 PM »
name: Kevin
riding since: may
bike: mirraco mi6 with custom KHE tanaka forks

mastered tricks:bunnyhop, fork glide,peg manual, Tailwhip, steamroller, bar hop, nourie stand, lawn mower, fire hydrant and decade, wheelchair and funky chicken

now practising: hang-5,bar rides,junkyards, halflashes and whiplashes

Hi everyone!

This summer, all I did was riding all day in a school yard near my house in montreal. I started riding because I saw someone bunnyhop with a friend and was really impressed.

At first, I tought bmx was only street and trial but I found bmxtrix.com. Here I discovered flatland bmx. I ride flatland because i'm scared to ride street or trials and I really love it.

Now, I really need a winter spot because in Canada the winter is really cold and snowy and I won't hibernate.

Offline oldmanjoe

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1210 on: December 10, 2010, 12:46:33 AM »
Hi, my name is Joe, and I'm addicted to BMX.
I never got involved in BMX as a kid, but always wanted to.
I tried to get me step-son involved, and it didn't really take. But I still have the passion.

1.5 years ago, our local BMX track had a charity event, and it got me back on the bike at age 42.

Now I have a kick ass race bike, a street bike that needs upgrades and a heavy as hell flatland bike.

Since I work downtown, there are lighted places to ride flat in the winter (plus it doesn't get too cold) So I'm going to try to get some balance and bike control over the winter.

I really want to upgrade my existing ride since it does weigh 50 pounds. But it has some good parts, so hopefully over time, I'll gain some skills and get a nice modern ride.

Current bike.

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #1211 on: December 12, 2010, 03:34:54 PM »
Seems like a upward rise in new riders, looking good.
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

blackwheel

« Reply #1212 on: December 13, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »
Hey everyone

Name: Robert
Riding since: Just started again
Bike: GT Zone

I use to ride when I was younger, and just recently decided to start learning some flat. Stumbled across this site and it seemed pretty awesome. Anyone in the Spring/Houston area feel free to hit me up, would love to meet with riders and learn some new things, Peace

Houston has some riders, check out bmxfreestyler.com or look for Rad Dad67 on here. welcome back!

Offline sideshow

« Reply #1213 on: December 16, 2010, 12:20:23 AM »
I'm chris I'm 37 and a clown , I just picked up a 87 gt pro freestyle tour project that i'm going to restore. I plan on learning some tricks to use in the parades I do. I always wanted an 87 gt pro freestyle tour bike back in the day, now I got me a nice dayglo pink one. I never did any freestyle before, but I ride a unicycle and i'm sure i'll be able to do some flatland tricks in a parade and look good doing it. I was wondering if you guys could sujust some tricks that look impresive and aren't super hard or dangerous. I need to look good and not take out anyone else at the parade. 

Offline Mednabor

« Reply #1214 on: December 21, 2010, 05:26:41 AM »
Hey all, names Robert
16 years old
Livin in Northern Ireland
Just starting to ride flatland &
Ride a Stereo Speaker 2011

Came across the site & a few flatland videos and really liked it. Got help from a member on here (Flatland-Cris(Cheers mate)) on what bike to go for as I wasn't too sure and got it bought so starting after December 25th :D. Aaayyy  :ph34r: haha