Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449485 times)

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
  • Beginner rider / 7 months
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1170 on: July 17, 2010, 01:23:47 PM »
wats up everyone, Total noob here, just recently came across this forum site when I was distracted from going to sleep. Names Keith, I just turned 20years old the 4th, moved to columbus,ohio from the panhandle last year to pursue my career as a photographer.

I remember seeing some videos on youtube about flatland and I absolutely loved it, thought of it as breakdancing on a bike but way more extreme, and I wanted to turn this into my next hobby because all I do is sit at home on the computer..lame. So I just put my brothers bike (what i think is a mongoose) back together and I was told I should start out with the simple basics I will post a picture of what I am using later, peace

Welcome to flatland!  Good luck  :beer:
It's not about the bike. - Lance Armstrong

Offline Esn

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1171 on: July 20, 2010, 04:35:54 AM »
Sup everyone!

I´m Edgar from Spain, i´m 25 and own a 2000 GT Show (stock), always loved flatland but got distracted with other sports like aggressive inline or surf.. Now i want to get serious with flatland so i´m thinking about rebuilding my Show with nuskool parts to make it lightweigth.
 Been reading the forum for a few months but only registered now ;)

Offline Burnt Reynolds

« Reply #1172 on: July 24, 2010, 10:34:51 PM »
Hey there,

Adam here from St. Paul, MN.  One of the guys at work (one of the forum posters here) got into flatland about a year ago and has now converted half the staff into bike junkies.  I just impulse purchased a Haro F3 from one of the local bike shops but will probably return it Monday so I can order up a DK Opsis from Dan's.  We'll see how a weekend with it goes first, but from what I've heard and been reading I should just get the Opsis instead. 

Always thought riding flat was more fun to watch than the ramp stuff, and with some people to ride with who are fairly interested in it, might as well give it a shot.  Plus, chicks like tricks, right?

Offline zwarrington

• Forkglider
« Reply #1173 on: July 30, 2010, 02:33:08 AM »
my name is zac, I live in onanole, manitoba, canada. I used to ride street/flat and took about 3 years off. Now I'm 23, and just built a flat bike once again. I ride with MWELLS who also posts here and I need to re-adjust my life so I can ride more!

Offline yim

« Reply #1174 on: July 30, 2010, 10:05:50 AM »
sup people,
I'm yim from dayton, oh.  I'm 24, spent many many years skateboarding and now onto flatland.   I like long walks on the beach, romantic comedies, scented candles, gossip girls, and staying up late to talk about my feelings....

Offline 1pyroace1

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1175 on: August 05, 2010, 11:27:08 PM »
sup flatlanders im alex ridin about a year now i just put up an inertia frame im livin and flatlanding in bronx, new york started at 16 now 17 still riding.
"you may not change the world but you can change a part of it"

Offline Triple6_wild

« Reply #1176 on: August 07, 2010, 12:03:01 AM »

Sup

I'm fred, I'm a 26 year old lightweight from Ontario thats wanted to flatland since I was like 13 when I seen an amazing rider out in a tennis courts near my place. Picked up a cheap bike at that age but never learned much due to friends always being on the move and I was never out solo so. Picked up a little bit but not much.

Now I'm just out of shape and don't want to pedal my ass across town seeing as I can just drive lol So I figure it's a good time to learn something new that Ive always wanted to learn anyways while getting my ass off the couch and trying to smoke less.

Offline redwinters85

• Funky Chicken
  • I wuv Flatland
« Reply #1177 on: August 09, 2010, 02:10:13 AM »
wassup doods im Ian, i was born in Philippines and i lived in IOWA USA for 10years. riding for about 4 months now. got into flatland through my friends. One of them told me to go to this website and i absolutely love it. I guess we would all be stuck in other not so cool websites for flatland if it weren't for Global-flat. Thanks Global-flat and like we always say in Tagalog MABUHAY everyone!

Offline decobmx

• Company
« Reply #1178 on: August 09, 2010, 07:07:51 PM »
chad degroot
45 years old
from Holland
living in Florida
DECO.

Offline bri.free.

• Forkglider
« Reply #1179 on: August 10, 2010, 07:31:46 PM »
name: Bri
Since: 2010
Reside: U.S.- MI.
Bike: enroute.

im so excited.

Offline Justin440

« Reply #1180 on: August 13, 2010, 01:19:31 AM »
Hola. My name is Justin, I'm 34 years old, been riding since I was 14 or so. My flatland took a hiatus for awhile (after I discovered ramps and Chenga skatepark) but I've been back at it for the past two years. I've been to this site numerous times, but finally joined. It's good to be here.

Offline midschool

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1181 on: August 15, 2010, 04:16:19 AM »
Hola. My name is Justin, I'm 34 years old, been riding since I was 14 or so. My flatland took a hiatus for awhile (after I discovered ramps and Chenga skatepark) but I've been back at it for the past two years. I've been to this site numerous times, but finally joined. It's good to be here.

Hey Justin.  Welcome.  :beer:  ;D
You may be disappointed if you fail but doomed if you never try.  Some people advance through life.  Others remain stagnant and only dream of what they can achieve.  There is a difference between wanting and having, saying and doing.  Don't let those who fear progression keep you down or steal your vision.  Act out on your dreams.  Everything is real and ANYTHING is possible.

Offline Justin440

« Reply #1182 on: August 16, 2010, 12:29:14 AM »
midschool, thanks for convincing me to join!

Offline RELLIK

« Reply #1183 on: August 21, 2010, 12:32:28 PM »
Nickname: RELLIK
Riding since: Never, really.
Bike: Gotta get one.

Offline noel.mueller

« Reply #1184 on: August 23, 2010, 06:13:04 AM »
Hey guys. Just started riding again after a break from age 17-25. Totally bit by the bug, but still getting hung up on the same tricks as when I was 17. I'm slightly better at whiplashes than before, but still hopeless with the essentials like hang 5s and manuals.

Anyway, i've been flipping through a 'show off your ride' type thread around here, and that inspired me to join and probably post pics of my newly tuned up ride from 2002 with a fresh coat of paint. (its an EP with some stuff cut off)

I'll be back for help soon im sure.

Thanks!
Noel

PS, if anyone likes metal, this is my band  www.questioner.us