Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449384 times)

Offline Oldskool4real_Au_melb

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #975 on: July 28, 2009, 05:13:39 PM »
Hey peeps..

Im rob.Im 30 from Austraila melbourne,I have been rideing since 87 but stopped in 95 and started again this year.I ride with all the boys from I-max i have a son and girlfriend both i love with my life.I respekt all Flatland Riders.And believe we have to stay true to one another and the sport we all love.Nice to meet you guys and will keep online heaps...

Offline bcfc12345

« Reply #976 on: July 28, 2009, 08:48:36 PM »
Nick: Tom
Started Riding: Since Five
Started Flatland: Last Week :S

One day i was just stroling along on my new bmx and i was bored. I deiced to see if i could do some tricks. I was making some up when i came across trying to this trick i thought i made up (but i didnt make it up cause i found out it was called 'fork glide' :D) i could do this closing my eyes the next day! Found out on the internet that it should take much longer than that for begineers.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Evil_Lincoln

« Reply #977 on: August 03, 2009, 01:31:05 AM »
My name is Ted, I live near Richmond, Indiana.  I started riding BMX back before Redline Flight Cranks first came out...so that dates me I suppose.  I will be 43 years old this month and I am a bike fanatic.  I build my own bikes, wheels, etc. and don't plan on stopping any time soon.  I love hardcore music like Slipknot and Meshuggah and oldschool metal.  I have a couple of race cruisers and a mountain bike, and soon a flatland bike when my parts get here! 

I plan on riding forever.  If I end up in a wheelchair someday, I will learn to do tricks in it.  I will be 80, with Slayer cranked and my bike underneath me.  My wife thinks I'm insane but at least I'm not out getting into trouble!

Flatlanders have a unique, tight community.  It's not snooty and uptight like BMX racing can sometimes get.  I see people on this board lending other people a hand, and sharing their techniques.  THAT is the main reason I want to be part of this.  And of course, the tricks are fantastic! 

Flatland is new to me, so when I get pizza shins I'll post pics and just keep on going.  I hope that when I learn new things I can help others out.  Thanks for having me here and for all the good info, I've learned a lot just by reading the posts here.  Peace... 

Offline Flatlandrocks!

• Forkglider
« Reply #978 on: August 03, 2009, 04:37:26 PM »
Nickname: Jio
Riding since: Last week. lol
Bike: Dk Opsis

Offline jamesteo

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #979 on: August 09, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »
Jamesteo - Shin Akuma
Age - 27
Country - Singapore
Riding since 2004
Currently using KGB frame, doing research on tricks

Offline olskoolPLO

« Reply #980 on: August 10, 2009, 12:10:52 AM »
Hello all,

Iam B.J. I current reside in Dayton Ohio. I am 26 now and began riding in the early 90's. I have not rode religiously since 2000. Ive decided to pick the habit back up.

Offline _Jeroen_

« Reply #981 on: August 12, 2009, 05:30:32 PM »
hey,
i,m Jeroen,
i,m 13 years old and live in holland.
i,m riding since a half year.

Offline NickBMX

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #982 on: August 16, 2009, 03:05:32 PM »
Name: Nick

have my bmx for about a week now but only flatlanding since couple days. the tricks aren't going for sh*t but thats normal lol, i can do barspin, footjam endo, forkglide (but can't ride out yet)

i bought my bmx a week ago with the idea for flatland but then me and some friends found this amazing dirt place, did that for couple days, just not my thing.

With flatland i really enjoy myself, even when it keeps failing lol.

Another reason why i choose flatland and not street is that flatlanders are more helpfull/ friendly and are willing to help eachothers with techinques.
and ofcourse the tricks are alot cooler ;D
i hope i'l manage forkglide by the end of the week and can move on to firehydrant and tailwhip ^_^
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 03:07:07 PM by NickBMX »

Offline Fastbird

« Reply #983 on: August 19, 2009, 02:22:43 AM »
 :beer:

Hey all.  Steve here.

I was a flatlander way back in the 80's and 90's.  Experienced the evolution from hopping tricks, too scuffing to balance.  Got into BMX racing in the early 90's but kept on flatlanding to keep the balance and focus.

Took a few years (cough) decade or so off and now am starting to get back into it.  My oldest son just turned 4 and I got him a 16" DK general lee.   That gave me the bug and now I am building up an 09 HB strowler

Ride on.

Offline CaptainKenya

« Reply #984 on: August 20, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »
My name's Kyalo, I reside in Derby East Midlands. Been riding flat 8 years or so and  I F%&kin LOVE IT. I ride a bit of street as well although that seems to be what injures me hmmm. What am i telling myself?
Anyway Big Ups to all the Flatlanders Worldwide. . . As Steve Said Ride On ! ! ! !
Namaste.

Offline 87master

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #985 on: August 21, 2009, 02:31:47 PM »
Hi folks.

name:Graeme
riding since:2009
bike: '87 haro master

Just registered, mainly to say how great all the 'how to' vids are!

I just put an 87 haro master together to start riding on. Only finished it a few days ago. I used to ride in the mid/late 80's but mainly as transport as i was a skateboarder so never really did much 'trick' riding on my bike, although i did take it to our local skatepark a few times.

Just built the haro to cruise about on, carving local skateparks and stuff, but have just started trying a bit of flatland, hence me finding the site. Still geting used to the bike and learning my balance so we'll see how far i can take it.

I can already feel i need to work on my arm mucles LOL.

Great site and a brilliant resource!

Offline 8dsrider

« Reply #986 on: August 22, 2009, 07:29:03 AM »
old skool trying to make a come back.Live in Kc. Seen Dennis McCoy ride back in the day in Westport.Love Slayer and riding bikes.

Offline Jrp

« Reply #987 on: August 29, 2009, 06:52:35 PM »
Hey people iam jay, 23 (feel older)

Was riding flat for a few years up until 3 years ago when kinda broke my back, well one disk.

Been having pain treatment this and that, now im fresh out of hosp with a new back and keen when im walking again to get riding once more. I just hope i get the all clear from the doctor, now have 4 meaty screws holding disks together/apart (mr bionical)

I live near london in the uk, but iam really shocked iam stuck in bed and been hunting down parts etc. I cant find many places willing to sell any flat land frames etc in the uk. Well not one im after!

Can anybody name a few places in the uk that do alot of flatland gear?

My old khe premium lagger is old hat and i wanna start fresh + all khe parts died to easy!

Any help welcome, loving the zion lowkee and st martin downtown just wanna build a bike from scrtch. Being 6ft 1 odd dont want to short a frame.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #988 on: August 29, 2009, 07:07:09 PM »
old skool trying to make a come back.Live in Kc. Seen Dennis McCoy ride back in the day in Westport.Love Slayer and riding bikes.

Love Slayer and riding bikes.

+1

That about says it all.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline cargen

• Domo
« Reply #989 on: September 01, 2009, 05:03:43 PM »
Name: Jay Kim
Riding since: 2008
Bike: Eastern Bikes(i'll add details later)