Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449334 times)

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #930 on: May 03, 2009, 10:57:46 PM »
name; chris
age;25
location ;Blackburn,England
Riding since 96 but just had a 5 year break

i used to ride park and street and some flat then went 26" street .Then my 13 year old brother got a new hoffman this year so i fancied another bmx and wanted to get back into flatland. just built a new flat bike using a volume frame (bit long but i am 6 3") khe bars & forks profile cranks etc. been riding for the past 2 weeks and struggling with basic flat tricks i used to do easy, managing whiplashes and fire hydrants a the minute  but its all good fun!

Offline FAZE808

« Reply #931 on: May 06, 2009, 08:50:13 AM »
Name:Dustin
AKA:K-I
Riding since: never but cant wait to learn so hopefully this Year
Other Hobbys: I krump, I draw, i can be wierdly funny.

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #932 on: May 11, 2009, 04:17:16 AM »
Name: John
Bike: 87 Haro Team Master, TuffWheels w/ coaster brake

Had a custom Haro Sport when i was 13 with Sturmy Archer drum brakes (sigh), but dropped it pretty quick for skateboarding. I think my parents sold it to the paperboy for $75. I don't know why I got out so fast, but I didn't even think about it again until recently. Fast forward to March 2009 when I was able to score an old Master from my friend Greg. I just wanted a rad old school bike to cruise on but now i've been bit by the flatland bug. I've been riding like hell and getting mad sore but I can't get enough.

Skateboarding was getting hard on me as I got older (broken wrist, fingers) and i hated that i had to drive out to the parks just to ride; all i ever wanted was my own personal mini-half (which wasn't gonna happen) and street-skating just wasn't as fun for me anymore.

I kinda wish i had had that surgery on my wrist cuz it's kinda jacked now. But it would be some really gnarly surgery. Anyway recently I was able to hook up with some really incredible Atlanta riders thanks to this forum and i wanna say thanks! This site is so awesome! I don't think i woulda ever found these dudes any other way. Props to the ATL guys for being cool and showin me a dope spot.

I can't believe how much flatland has progressed since I left in the late 80's. sh*t is just blowing my mind. So far my favorite trick is the tailwhip, of which i have landed 8. I thought i'd never be able to pull that trick in my lifetime (as novice as it is I know) I was so psyched! So anyway, yeah, the Haro is getting seriously ridiculous... a little too old school I guess. Soon I hope to get a newer flatland bike (from this century).

Oh yeah, who cares, but i'm also into synthesizers, photography, indian food, 70's movies, RC airplanes, apple macsh*t, booty bass, electro, neon, and car stereos. Thanks yo.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:01:25 AM by ortho »

Offline kool_kat

« Reply #933 on: May 11, 2009, 04:40:03 AM »
Nickname: Robbie
Riding since: little over a month

Hello ;D I thinks its really cool that you guys made a  site to discuss flatland... i've only been riding a little over a month but this has really helped me with a couple basic tricks. U guys rock!

Offline david hasselhoff

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #934 on: May 14, 2009, 08:05:08 PM »
name tyler
age 29
from pikecreek delaware u.s.a.

ive been into bmx for ages now. but just started getting into flat. i was always a park/street rider and wanted to do somthing diffrent and i fell i love with it
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:07:43 PM by crew jones »

Offline Dalton

« Reply #935 on: May 14, 2009, 10:12:12 PM »
Lewis
UK, north

Just starting and need guys from the UK to get intouch.

Offline DickieJones

• Hitchhiker
    • www.dickiejones33.com
« Reply #936 on: May 15, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »
Name: Chris
Years riding: '84 to off and on to present. just got back into flatland

Started riding back in the 80's until the mid 90's. Took a break, rode downhill MTBs and freeriding. Then back to riding street on a 20. Tore a disc in my lower back in November of 08 which kept me off of a bike. Flatland is about the only riding discipline I can really do hardcore without the risk of serious injury to my spine. That being said, I'm happy about it.

Special thanks to George Ten Eyck from Ten/Eyck New Media for hooking me up with a nice kit so i could get started.

And Dojo Jojo - you still owe me remodeling time on my house. HAHA!

---------------------------------------

www.dickiejones33.com :: Gun for Hire

keep your study hall out of my recess

Offline Manuel Bernardo @ Wuppertal

• GF Inhabitant
  • pegs, beer and rock'n roll...
    • born-to-bmx.de
« Reply #937 on: May 16, 2009, 01:51:25 PM »
Name: Manuel Bernardo
Riding: 14 year`s
Bike: KGB Superpower

Offline elmabullaz

« Reply #938 on: May 16, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »
Hey up

Name: Tim H
Riding since: 2000 (MTB) No flatland experience yet!
Bike: Trek bruiser before, now looking for a flatland rig

joelweevil

« Reply #939 on: May 16, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »
sure thing, mr. dickie. i'll start by remodeling that sick child right off your front deck! ;D

Offline Flatspot

« Reply #940 on: May 20, 2009, 06:36:52 PM »
Hi!

Name: Sam
Riding since: 1999 -2001
Bike: Used to be a WTP pony, currently window shopping

Just got the Flatland bug again. New bike to come once I've sifted through the massive choice of stuff there is now.

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #941 on: May 23, 2009, 07:30:07 AM »
Name: Chris

Where at in the South?

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #942 on: May 25, 2009, 05:36:16 AM »
Name: Brian Kim
Riding since: Flat - Few Days; But rode in general for a while
Bike: KHE Militant FF

Me being a painball-head for about 4 years, and photography took a toll on my wallet. So I thought of starting flat on the days im not at the field playing or out taking pictures.
Starting to ride flat is very interesting and has grasped my attention real quick.  I'm still learning and its a slow progress at the moment.  Just getting those barspins, still working on the fork wheelies, manuals (know from previous riding), squeakers (not looking so great on them)

If anyone can give me a guideline on tricks to learn from in order or tips in general, feel free to message me or catch me on AIM

Looking to seeing you guys around here  :beer: :mellow:
Signing out...

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #943 on: May 25, 2009, 05:08:48 PM »
Name: I'm convinced you all know who I am
Riding since: I have no f*ckin' clue
Bike: none atm

Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline Chamil

• Forkglider
« Reply #944 on: May 31, 2009, 11:06:59 PM »
Whats Up! Love This Community!

Name: Alex
Riding Since: 6 months (vert and park), just started Flatland A couple weeks Ago.
Bike: Free Agent Trail Dusters, With lots Of Customizations

Always love to impress people, and I Know that Flatland really impresses people Alot. I'm 5ft Exactly! Want to Learn Flatland and Street.