Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449399 times)

Offline terrydean

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #885 on: February 24, 2009, 05:47:48 AM »
i suppose i should do this.
i am terry dean, but i usually go by dean. i rode street and park a lot about 4-5 years ago, then i moved up here to seattle for school and couldn't afford to bring my bmx, so i stopped riding. about a month ago i decided to get back into it, so i built up a bike from used parts mostly found on bmxboard.
i'm having fun on the street bike and all, but it's just not the same. i want to give flatland a try, it's always looked super fun so why not?
i am working on building up my frist flatland bike. i just bought skubasteve's pink frame/fork/bar set he was trying to unload in the sell forum, and have a pretty beat khe freecoaster kicking around, and my friend johann (who is also on here and pointed me in this direction) is sending me some pegs, but that's as far as i've gotten so far.
money's tight, but i can't wait to get the bike done and start learning some rad stuff!

Offline canaryrx8

• Backpacker
  • OG Flat is where it's at!
« Reply #886 on: February 24, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »
Randall here, Austin Tx is where I'm from, I've been involved with BMX and/or skateboarding forever and looking to get back into flat more specifically so here I am. I'll be getting a bike soon and I'm looking forward to having a blast and learning some new stuff.

Offline Vega5

« Reply #887 on: February 25, 2009, 01:55:38 AM »
Hi. My name is Brandon.
I am 25 and from Pennsylvania.
Current Ride: NONE! I NEED A BIKE!
I used to ride a lot when i was younger but when I turned 16 I got a car and stopped.
I want to get back into it again.

Offline p

« Reply #888 on: February 26, 2009, 04:32:44 AM »
hi, my name ralph macchio. you might remember me from such hit films as 'the karate kid' HIYA! and also, 'the outsiders' HIYA! well.... i didn't actually say "HIYA!" in the outsiders, but i tried to. every time, though, they'd just get madder and madder 'cause it wasn't in the script. "I'm an actor!" i would scream, "I worked with Pat Morita, God damn it!"... but they just ignored me... then they cut my hair with a switchblade for realz, yo! that sh*t sucked. anyway, i never worked again after that, so i changed my name to Peter Ashworth and moved to Vancouver, British Columbia. Times were tough then. i often had to roll pennies just to get a h**ker! (and by h**ker, i mean loaf of bread) damn, son. sometimes, i'd even flip an 8-ball or 2 for some extra cash... but on the DL 'cause aparently drugs are bad and you can for really-real get in trouble... from, like, the police and the courts and stuff! who knew, right? anyway, one day i was delivering a "package" from one place to another when this junkie kid rolls up to me and is all like, "flaph in stimmle rorrr"... or some crazy sh*t, i dunno, i don't speak too much "junkie" and he was drunk or high or something. so then i got thinking; DAMN! this kid is high and i didn't get a cut! so i punched the little kid that was walking past with his gradmother RIGHT IN THE MOUTH! yes i did! and then that grandmother chick started talking about law suits, or jump suits, or some crazy sh*t that i couldn't understand, so i pushed the kid off of the bike he fell over when i hit him and took off! totally! but, like, the bike was all small and stuff and kinda sucked for ridin' real fast like when my brother used to race in the AMA... he was totally sponsored and stuff too... then he ate too many pringle potato chips and had anal leakage so bad he died... well, almost died... he did get kinda sick though... or, i imagine he would if i really had a brother... wouldn't having a brother be cool... you could totally read eachothers mind and pee on eachothers toothbrushes! RAD! anyway, they put me in a little cell with padded walls, but the floor was really hard... like.., you could almost break your teeth out on it if you wanted to... but i REFUSED to give up that bike in honour of the fallen child who sacrificed his sunny afternoon so i could ride around in little circles until i fall over.... then get up and ride in some more circles.

Hi!

Offline trevoro

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #889 on: February 26, 2009, 08:35:52 PM »
P? Whhhaaaattttt?

Good to see you back in the community.

Offline nika

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #890 on: February 27, 2009, 01:36:54 AM »
Hey, P... Stay away from my children will you? That is, if I had any. And stay away from my toothbrush too. Come onto the internet anytime you like though, it's safe in here. Well, nearly.
sausages and plants and goldfish

Offline p

« Reply #891 on: February 27, 2009, 02:26:06 AM »
why thank you! :) it's good to be back. i got pretty burnt out on it so i went so far underground i came out above some other ground! so i did some other things and then got the itch again. went for a ride a couple days ago and get talking to another rider... who was giving me the quick and dirty on the scene these days, and it was like a different language... and i had a sneaky suspicion i knew where i could get caught up pretty quick.

so here i am!

p

Offline oplichta

« Reply #892 on: February 27, 2009, 11:14:09 AM »
Name : Olivier
I live near Paris in France. I'm 36 and I began BMX in 1984  (yes, 25 years ago ...)
I have not ridden my bike since 2 years but i'm going to ride it again ...

Offline Mikey905

« Reply #893 on: March 04, 2009, 04:44:52 AM »
Im Mikey, from outside Toronto.
Im 23 and thinking of just getting started in flatland. I've mostly been riding dirt and a little street for the last ten years, but after some serious injuries and surgeries, I need to take it easy on my body but I dont want to stop riding completely.
I've been lurking around the forums for months and trying to talk myself into getting a bike.
I look forward to talking with all of you.

Offline Julian Matias

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #894 on: March 09, 2009, 05:09:35 PM »
Name: Julian Matias D.
Riding since: 2006
Bike: Suelo simple

Offline thkov

« Reply #895 on: March 11, 2009, 07:23:33 AM »
Wow.. I know it's been a while since I rode (3 or 4 years), but I've recently moved and one of my old buddies is near.  Neither of us has ridden lately, but here I go.. I'm Ken, I live in Virginia Beach now, I suck at riding compared to some of the videos I've been watching.. I'm ready to learn again.. I'm 38.. I've ridden with tons of guys you'd all call relics (Aaron Benke, Dennis McCoy DMC Days, Ron Wilkerson back in 2Hip days, Kevin Jones when he rode for Skyway)... Anyway, I was riding before scuffing was cool and was in on the ground floor of tons of tricks when I rode in Florida as a kid.. I built I guess what is considered a mid-school bike a few years ago (infinity alter ego.. will be my hybrid now).. looking at a couple bikes in the for sale section, but anyway.. 

Offline DSchmale

• Forkglider
« Reply #896 on: March 14, 2009, 10:44:09 PM »
Hello, name's Doug.  25yo mechanic.  Live in DC.  Buying a "one-speed" for exercise and looking to get back into riding. I've always been a huge fan of flatland and I used to skate for years.  I'd love to learn some basic bike control and tricks for flatland.

see you guys on the forum!
Will power lasts two weeks and is soluble in alcohol.

Offline Fishonabike

« Reply #897 on: March 18, 2009, 10:52:43 PM »
Name : Fish
Riding since : 1986
First 'real' freestyle bike : GT Pro Performer
Current bike : Redline Device
Claim to fame : Doing a hang-five for nearly two miles

Offline eldente

« Reply #898 on: March 22, 2009, 07:45:51 PM »
Name : Dustin..or Dirtyd
Riding since : Just starting flatland. But did spend a lot of time riding bmx in Las Vegas
Bike: KHE Mililtant FF

Yeh as a youngster around 9-14. I always thought flatland was one of the sickest things I've ever seen. And it was something I always wanted to get good at. Met a dude on the college campus that is really good. His name is Ahmed, and he recruited me :p. I'm ready to fux some sh*t up.

Offline Zidane

« Reply #899 on: March 25, 2009, 10:15:55 PM »
Name: Feener
Years riding:  I've been riding for about two years, sadly i live in Newfoundland and we get snow from november-may so i get  roughly 4 months a year to bike 

Bike: haro F4... soon to be sold for something by WTP