Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449410 times)

Offline LittleMoosey

• Forkglider
    • Check out MySpace
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #810 on: August 13, 2008, 12:25:24 AM »
yo! i'm dan from new orleans; a 35 year-old ren00b. my club homeboy number is 02019.

anyway, i started riding flatland again after a seventeen year break, which seems like a common deal around here on the boards. my wife and i practice at an abandoned basketball court a few blocks from our house. riding flat again has been constantly in my thoughts for many years, but going to voodoo purty much sealed the deal. . . ordered a couple bikes from FF a few days later and have been sore since.

i've been lurking GF for the past couple months, not posting anything cuz i thought the proper etiquette was to post to the introduction thread first, and yeah, i've been blowing it off...

i hope to meet some of y'all at the Lake Charles jam this saturday...  looking forward to it!

- dan
Heya Dan!

Cool....I'm sure I can learn a lot from you and your Mrs!  Glad you decided to get back into it!
 :mellow:

ROLL WIT IT!

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #811 on: August 15, 2008, 05:38:15 AM »

i hope to meet some of y'all at the Lake Charles jam this saturday...  looking forward to it!

- dan
So far it just looks like it's me and Mickey from New Orleans. Rennace (from the Westbank) has plans with his family, and Scott (Kenner) and Jared (Metairie) have to work. Not sure about the kids from Mandaville.

Offline 666negligent999

« Reply #812 on: August 16, 2008, 01:10:13 AM »
hey watsup guys... nice to be a member of this fine forum.. i been browsin around for a lil while and the vibe here seems real good, havent seen anyone e-flaming anyone else n thats somethin you dont find in many forums

but yea anyway, my name is Jesse, i'm 21 years old, and i'm 100% new to flatland basically.. i rode street for about 5 years in my teens and i was pretty good at it, but then drugs took control of my life..  actually i'm still addicted to heroin, but i plan to detox myself in a few days and start riding again.. the main reason i wanna start riding flatland is because its just so limitless and like an artform, not to mention i no longer have health insurance like i did in my teens haha, n i dont see myself getting severely hurt riding flat (though i'm not stupid and i know you can still get hurt pretty good), but at least i wont be knockin out teeth n sh*t (damn ghetto wallrides!!)

so yea theres my introduction.. lookin forward to progressin with u guys

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #813 on: August 17, 2008, 12:54:46 AM »
^ don`t believe u :mellow:
i`m listening all kind of that crap everyday cause my town is full of drug adicts and u r all the same as long as u r just talking about how u r going to quit and that sh*t. i know u probably didn`t sad u r going to detox 1st time in your life and probably u were high yesterday, otherwise u wouldn`t be talking about your drug adiction to ppl u don`t know.
have a nice day and stop shooting yourself or smoking or whatever
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:00:04 AM by mare »

Offline jeffjl2112

• Forkglider
« Reply #814 on: August 19, 2008, 06:24:53 PM »
Hello,
I have just this year returned to riding, in part thanks to this forum. The last that I rode was in the early 90's. Alot of people seem to think bmx is just for kids. Riding seems to be even more fun now than is was in the years past.
I am 33 and live in Indiana,USA.

Offline adjective-noun

« Reply #815 on: August 19, 2008, 06:28:22 PM »
     "Old" rider here.  I guess I am a renoob.  Born in Kansas City, MO in 1971. Raced BMX from 1981-1984. Caught the flatland freestyle bug in 1984 and rode until 1992. I loved rolling tricks and multiple boomerangs. Rode vert a little too. Quit because I was supposed to be an adult, and being an adult means not having fun. :huh:

Over the years, I missed riding and so badly wanted another BMX bike. In 2001, I started riding mountain bikes and had a blast. I raced for two seasons.   After 4 broken ribs, concussions, broken elbow, and terrible infections of poison ivy, I stopped in late 2004, and focused on work and moved to New York.

I started riding fixed wheel bikes in 2003, and rode that around in NYC for a few years. Riding fixed was the closest to riding freestlye. I leaned to ride backwards, and could track stand for 45 min in my apartment.  

Flash to today, 2008. I find myself in York, PA. I still ride mountain bikes (got a single speed and a full suspension 29er).   If the trails are too wet, I ride fixed downtown.     Fixed is kind of fun, but not as much fun as a flatland bike.    In May, I realized I now live in one of the historic spots of my favorite activity.     I HAVE to get back to riding flatland!

Right now, I am looking for a used or new flatland bike to get back to riding. I cannot believe how small and light the new bikes are!    Looking for new friends to ride with in the York, PA area.    

Oh, and I am female.   Hope that is not a problem with anyone.

Cheers,
Amy

Offline 666negligent999

« Reply #816 on: August 20, 2008, 07:56:50 PM »
actually i just got out of detox last month..

and right now i'm on day 2 of my self detox.. n i'm not that sick

the reason i'm motivated to quit now is cuz i wont have any money until the first of the month.. and i'm tired of needin somethin to feel right... if it werent for my neighbors, i wouldnt even have this habit... 95% of the time i get my dope with their money, cuz they give me like 100 bucks everyday til they run out of money to go score dope for em n i get free dope out of it.. so i told em what the deal is, n said i'll still get it for them, but they need to stop with the everyday sh*t, get a brick or somethin so i wont have to get it for ya every single day, n only like once a week

still waiting to get my unemployment check so i can buy a DK signal, i already told my dad when my money is coming and for him to make sure he watches me get on the computer and order the bike... he's all about me gettin back into riding again cuz he knows how passionate i used to be about it, n he's hoping that it'll give me an outlet to express myself instead of shootin up n noddin off on the couch in front of the tv all day

Offline ionymous

« Reply #817 on: August 21, 2008, 05:48:29 PM »

Nickname: Ion
Riding flatland since: Just decided to about 48 hours ago
Bike: DK Signal... ordered

I've always liked bikes, but never owned a freestyle bike as a kid.  I guess now the term is flatland.  I have an 8 y.o. son and found myself riding his crappy walmart bike trying to do tricks.
So I just ordered a DK Signal from flatlandfuel.com to have a bike of my own.

Last night I did my first barspins on my son's bike.  They're sketchy and beginner but just learning those felt awesome.

Hopefully I'll keep progressing.
Ion

Offline lieve

• Forkglider
« Reply #818 on: August 22, 2008, 09:21:50 PM »
Name: Lieve

Riding since: Just a month or two.
I had been thinking of buying a buying a bmx bike for a couple of years now, everytime summertime was coming and all my friends god mad about skateboarding again; but never got to really do it.
Being 'already' 29 ànd a girl (yeah, to some people, a female person bmx-ing or skate- or snowboarding still seems to be a curiosity...), it felt like a bit of an odd decision, but I seldomly felt so dedicated to something new as I do now, so it must have been a really good choice!
In the small city where I live, there were as good as no bmx-ers when I started, but when I got my bike, a lot of my skateboarding friends (and also some of the little kids that had been watching us all for a few weeks) followed, and now it's bmx-mania all over the place!

Bike: wethepeople nova; i reckoned buying the cheapest bike of a decent brand would get me started allright, 'cause at that time, I did not really know what kind of stuff I would use the bike for the most: street, flatland, or just plain getting me to and from work... Turned out flatland is really my thing, i'm kinda addicted... Soon I'm gonna make some minor adjustments to the nova to get some weight of the damn thing... (although I hope some push-ups will also make a difference ;-) )

Really interesting forum this is, by the way!
waiting for spring to happen...

Offline pulsar

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #819 on: August 23, 2008, 08:39:20 PM »
Funny i hardly ever check this section. I wish you the best of luck. I hope this isn't just a moment of clarity for you. My sister got wrapped up in that sh!t a while back. She's been good so far but I always worry. Your a young kid, don't waste your life.

Flatland could be a great tool for you to use to help you stay clean....

One of the most important things you need to do is
        STOP GETTING YOUR NEIGHBORS DOPE!!

Peace
joey

the reason i'm motivated to quit now is cuz i wont have any money until the first of the month.. and i'm tired of needin somethin to feel right... if it werent for my neighbors, i wouldnt even have this habit... 95% of the time i get my dope with their money, cuz they give me like 100 bucks everyday til they run out of money to go score dope for em n i get free dope out of it.. so i told em what the deal is, n said i'll still get it for them, but they need to stop with the everyday sh*t, get a brick or somethin so i wont have to get it for ya every single day, n only like once a week

still waiting to get my unemployment check so i can buy a DK signal, i already told my dad when my money is coming and for him to make sure he watches me get on the computer and order the bike... he's all about me gettin back into riding again cuz he knows how passionate i used to be about it, n he's hoping that it'll give me an outlet to express myself instead of shootin up n noddin off on the couch in front of the tv all day

Offline LeNugget

« Reply #820 on: August 25, 2008, 09:48:02 PM »
wutup peoples...

nickname... nuggets or le nugget in french on account of the fact im a chef...(kitchen jokes)
age...21
location...podunk lake WI...actually paddock lake...but u get the idea...
bike...flea market special...rebuilt mongoose i think...but good enough to start...i dont have 500 bucks to drop on a bike u can only use for one thing...freestyle setup i guess... :ph34r:

Offline bob-o

• Backpacker
« Reply #821 on: August 26, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »
what's up people? i'm from milwaukee .
 i'm 36 and flatlanding ( freestylin ) have been in my life since the 80's. i gave it up here and there but i always had a bike.
i finally decided to buy a new school bike since i only rode old school bikes. i have a FLY micromachine that i'm tring out to see how it feels. i think i may get the ST martin happy place 2 frame with a longer top tube.
will get pics soon and glad to be a member here..

bob-o
FLATLAND FUEL ROCKS !!!!!

Offline pawnshopmike

• Cliffhanger
    • http://www.ebay.com/sch/pawnshopmike/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
« Reply #822 on: August 26, 2008, 06:00:25 PM »
Name: Mike Webers Jr.
Nick Name: Pawnshop Mike
Profession: Pawnbroker
Bike: Just ordered a Strowler from the great people at flatlandfuel.com
My website: www.powerdownracing.com

Sold my GT Performer way back in 94 when I got married and started having babies. Figured I wasn't getting any younger so I better start riding again before I get old and fat.

So anyone else on here from Missouri?

Offline Phlatlandbmx

« Reply #823 on: August 26, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »

I know that other person said they didn't believe you when you said you were gonna detox and clean up. But hey, it probably ain't much but I believe you. Stay motivated! I know riding helped me through my trials (not drugs but other life stuff); helped clear my mind and get in touch with my spiritual side. Anywho... and no, I'm not a hippie  ;D

Offline mid_night gypsy

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #824 on: August 26, 2008, 09:19:06 PM »
Name: Mike Webers Jr.
Nick Name: Pawnshop Mike
Profession: Pawnbroker
Bike: Just ordered a Strowler from the great people at flatlandfuel.com
My website: www.powerdownracing.com

Sold my GT Performer way back in 94 when I got married and started having babies. Figured I wasn't getting any younger so I better start riding again before I get old and fat.

So anyone else on here from Missouri?

Howdy, yes there a few of us from Missouri, mostly around the St. Louis area. Matt Thomas is having a jam on Sept. 28(Sunday) if you can make it. We had a blast last time. You can check in the Events section for any updates....Russ