Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449377 times)

Offline 1slosvt

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #795 on: July 24, 2008, 07:34:16 PM »
hey my names steve
live in slater,iowa about 35 minutes north of pat/FF
i havent ridden in about 7 years but thanks to pat im gettin back into it

Offline streetroller900

« Reply #796 on: July 25, 2008, 07:39:21 PM »
Hey everyone,
My name is Chris, I live in Selbyville, DE during summers and go to old dominion university in norfolk, va. I am new to flatland, I bought a dk signal 08 a couple of months ago, but haven't really attempted flatland till a couple of weeks ago. I have been reading these forums for months getting some information about flatland and it has been really helpful and motivating for me to actually get out and try other things than fork glides :)

Cya later.
Chris C.

Offline nebula24

• Nebula24.blogspot.com
« Reply #797 on: July 28, 2008, 05:09:44 PM »
Hello all,

Been lurking a bit and decided to register. Got into flat as a kid on a mid80s gt performer that I rode a year or two before getting into skating. Then in college needed a bike to get to class and got a haro sport (94?) that I rode for a few years. 97ish I got a poverty morales flatland frame (Always wanted a bike with twin top tubes like the haro master) and gutted my haro to make it. Rode it a year or so before I stopped riding.

Last year or so I've been riding my MTB around the neighborhood and the urge to do some other riding, especially tricks, has peaked. I normally don't have time to ride until my spud is asleep so flat is nice since I can do it in front of my house and I don't have to waste precious time driving somewhere. So I've finally dusted off my morales to do flat again as its been taunting me from the shed each summer. Having fun relearning the few basic old school balance and rolling tricks I knew.

Offline danbob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #798 on: July 29, 2008, 03:45:42 AM »
Hello people my name is Daniel Old guy like Im seeing alot of you are I thought I might be the only one. :mellow:  Figured Id give the flatland thing another try.
Im 30
In North Carolina
Got a Khe Bram that Im putting together.
 Later

havok

« Reply #799 on: July 30, 2008, 04:03:38 PM »
Tony 'HAVOK' Henley
haven't ridden in years, but am gettin' back in.
i live in memphis, tn and am 36 ( i know, i'm old )
i had a gt up until '01 and now i'm getting a khe stylus which
i plan to part up to better components.

www.myspace.com/draxslair

Offline noskills

• Funky Chicken
    • Flickr
« Reply #800 on: August 01, 2008, 04:53:47 PM »
Hey,
James 33yrs young coming from good Ol' NJ USA,

Like my screen name states I have no skills what so ever. Unless you consider coasting down the hill a skill.

Well I hope to learn a few things in the coming years. Anyone willing to teach this skill-less person a few thing feel free to hit me up.

Later!

Offline eight

• Backpacker
« Reply #801 on: August 07, 2008, 11:52:34 AM »
Hi, my name is Marko, I'm 23 and I'm from Hamburg, Germany.
I rode street and flatland up until I was 16 (stopped because there was nobody around to practice with) and try to get back in now. :)
Just waiting for the OG Balance 3 to be available again. ;)

Offline Brodie

« Reply #802 on: August 07, 2008, 07:29:41 PM »
Sup guys,

My name is Ty, I'm from North Dakota and I'm 25. I've never ridden seriously until now.  I've skated and snowboarded since I was 9 but now in my older age I've lost interest in both quite a bit and flatland has always intrigued me so I figured I'd move onto it.  I picked up a 2005 SE Racing Quadangle for really cheap last week, so I'll be riding that until I can get a real flatland bike.

Offline Ch@d

• W il Flat
« Reply #803 on: August 08, 2008, 04:40:21 PM »
Heya!

Name: Andrea
Riding since: 2 weeks
Bike:KHE Stylus with a dragonfly zero fork , a new frontwheel and new tires primo the wall.

I'had ride 1 month 2 years ago , but now I've seriously restart with flat.

Bella!!! from italy

Offline rickstsi

« Reply #804 on: August 08, 2008, 09:53:17 PM »
     I am 25 year old living in Hillside, NJ USA. I started riding when I was 14 but nothing crazy. When I got my first car at 18, I put the Bike away and started street racing. I fell out of the BMX seen until now. A couple of my friends bought mountain bikes and so did I. Since there is not always a mountain around I dusted off my 10 year old Dyno Detour and started to ride again. I got on this forum to meet other riders from my area and progress in the sport.

Rick

Offline Nostalgia

« Reply #805 on: August 11, 2008, 12:19:00 AM »
Hello I'm Daniele from PE italy!
I rode 2 years but next i left for one year;now i'm on bike by two weeks,brakeless and i fell reaaaaally good!
sorry for my english...se spigne qua!

Offline LittleMoosey

• Forkglider
    • Check out MySpace
« Reply #806 on: August 11, 2008, 05:09:40 PM »
HEY PEEPS!

'Sup Fellow Flatland Dawgs?

I'm "MOOSE" from Alaska, a girl and old! (41).  Heh...beat ya, HAVOK..aka Tony.  ;D 

I'm a total newb to Flatland and got a KHE Stylus last month, too.  I just put on some better brakes and sometime I plan on getting 3 piece cranks, but for now, it's a decent little entry level bike (I work part time at a bike shop which is sweet to get discounts).   

I've been trying out stuff from Matt Wilhelm's famous DVD, "Ground Rules," which is awesome! It's cool going out each time and learning.

CIAO, DANIELE and ANDREA! It's cool to see some young ladeeze in the sport and wish you the best of luck (I'm so inspired by Erin Donao..she is such a bad ass!). Is Flatland popular in Italy? 

There's not too many flatlanders in Interior Alaska :( but maybe I can influence some friends.   ^_^

See ya later! 

:ph34r:  <---this is one groovy smiley.

ROLL WIT IT!

Offline Nostalgia

« Reply #807 on: August 11, 2008, 07:34:18 PM »
Oh lady,we are guys no girls!!!
ahahhahahahahahaha no in italy flatland isn't popular!!! :(
 :P

Offline LittleMoosey

• Forkglider
    • Check out MySpace
« Reply #808 on: August 11, 2008, 11:51:18 PM »
Oh lady,we are guys no girls!!!
ahahhahahahahahaha no in italy flatland isn't popular!!! :(
 :P

LOL!    ;D

DUDE!!!  OMG, I am SO SORRY!! Spiacente!!!
I'm just a dumb American!   (I'm half Italian, too.  Shame on me!).

Too bad not much flatland in Italy for you.  I know the feeling...I have a club of one up here!  LOL!

Ciao, Bello!!   :mellow:
ROLL WIT IT!

Offline pinkysqueak

« Reply #809 on: August 12, 2008, 10:25:08 PM »
yo! i'm dan from new orleans; a 35 year-old ren00b. my club homeboy number is 02019.

anyway, i started riding flatland again after a seventeen year break, which seems like a common deal around here on the boards. my wife and i practice at an abandoned basketball court a few blocks from our house. riding flat again has been constantly in my thoughts for many years, but going to voodoo purty much sealed the deal. . . ordered a couple bikes from FF a few days later and have been sore since.

i've been lurking GF for the past couple months, not posting anything cuz i thought the proper etiquette was to post to the introduction thread first, and yeah, i've been blowing it off...

i hope to meet some of y'all at the Lake Charles jam this saturday...  looking forward to it!

- dan