Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 450423 times)

Offline mia

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1350 on: February 13, 2012, 11:01:38 PM »
Hi,
I`m Mia. been riding for around 3 years now and over the last few months have started riding flatland and i carnt get enough of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline serafin

« Reply #1351 on: February 19, 2012, 08:06:40 PM »
Hey, I'm Hubert, 17 and I'm from Poland. I started ridding flatland half year ago, but I have street bike.
In the near future I'm going to buy a new fork (0 offset). Actually, I can Hang 0/5/10 and I'm trying to do hang 10 seat grab now. What else... My English is sick! ;]

Offline GrizzlyPatton

Introduce yourself
« Reply #1352 on: February 21, 2012, 11:17:29 AM »
Name: Anthony Giannotti
Riding since: feb 2012
i've been messing around with flatland for a bit, searching for a new bike at the moment but plan on really getting into it, feel free to hit me up on skype anthony.g67
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:21:09 AM by GrizzlyPatton »

Offline The Flat Squirrel

• Funky Chicken
  • Flat Squirrel
    • Flat Squirrel
« Reply #1353 on: February 23, 2012, 07:53:31 PM »
Hi everybody
My name is Jogi,
I have been riding since I was 7, started with racing in 1981 and now I am 37 and just opened up a flatland shop. Something I have wanted to do for the last 20 years!!!
live in north east Lincolnshire and trying to get the UK flatland scene going in my area
I ride all disciplines, but prefer flatland now. i like to stay on the ground. broke too many bones in the past!!!
 ::)
http://flatsquirrelflatland.weebly.com/
BMX, Vdubs, Music, what else??

Offline djb

• Forkglider
    • BMX Groms
« Reply #1354 on: March 18, 2012, 05:54:07 AM »
Name: David B.
Riding since: @1986

Back in the Day (1990ish):

Offline dwaneR23

« Reply #1355 on: March 20, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »
Hi guys! I'm the new kid on the block! Have fun!

Offline ThatGuyMike

• why yes. yes i am a noob.
« Reply #1356 on: March 21, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »
hey.
my name is mike. im a 23 year old jersey native but residing in ct now. i havent rode in a few years. after selling my Mr2 i decided i need a new less expensive hobby lol.

Offline tundra

« Reply #1357 on: April 14, 2012, 09:31:52 PM »
Alright guys, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 23 year old UK street rider, looking to build up a flatland bike to start riding! Hoping I can get some tips from the knowledge you guys have and also pick up some second hand parts to get me started!

Offline RAZORFISH228

« Reply #1358 on: April 16, 2012, 05:23:40 PM »
Hi,

My name is Asa. I'm 40 years old and a New Yorker. I just got back into this even though I haven't rode in years. I am an old school freestyler who did tricks in the 80's and beginning 90's. Dennis McCoy was the man back than when we started moving over to rolling tricks which was the beginning of a new era in case you didn't know. :)

This is just an expensive hobby and I finally am able to buy any part there is out there so I just wanted to get started just for fun on a custom bike I am building right now.

My favorite riders are Moto Saski and Matthias Dandois in this new generation.

Offline RonnieLee

• Forkglider
« Reply #1359 on: April 18, 2012, 06:08:37 AM »
Hi I'm Ron.  Living in Salt Lake City.  I spend the majority of my time working, being a responsible adult (haha) but still ride as much as possible.  I haven't rode flat seriously for about 20 years, I'm currently on a Schwinn Automatic Trail.  But this weekend starts a new chapter moving from my 36 pound beast to a nice, modern 20some pound flat specific setup.  Will post up a bike check soon.  See ya round.

Offline Lam47

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #1360 on: April 27, 2012, 07:43:48 PM »
Welcome to all the new members!
Great to see so many people taking up flat.
Xbox live GT. Mr Brownground

Offline VW-Old-SkooL

« Reply #1361 on: May 11, 2012, 11:08:27 PM »
Name: Shawn B
Yrs Riding: Just started again (it's been 20yrs)

Here's a post I made in the Beginners Support thread:

Hey guys! I'm new here, learned about this forum through one of my wife's friends in Texas. I'm 37 yrs old and just got back into riding. It's probably been twenty years since I last rode a BMX ! I just bought a new bike and already getting back into it. I'll be posting and asking questions around here as I get more familiar with the forums.

Here's a pic of me from last Sunday in the new bike:

Offline JosePHilippineFlat

« Reply #1362 on: May 13, 2012, 04:47:43 PM »
Name: Joseph Gaston
Riding since: 2010
Im riding a made up frame that kinda looks like an Ares Garuda.
Doin so well so far!  ;D  and im competing this latest online battles for the first time in beginners class.

Offline jacquelinenix

« Reply #1363 on: June 09, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »
Name: Jacqueline Nix
Riding BMX since: 2002,  Started Flatland 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone :) Im very new to flatland, I started since moving to Madrid and met a bunch of amazing people who have helped me learn so fast, Ive got a semi-flat set-up at the moment but it works fine for me and im having so much fun learning.
I hope to meet other riders :)

Offline Slolane

« Reply #1364 on: June 12, 2012, 04:39:33 PM »
Name: James
Riding since: 70's
Bike: Building up an Autum Blitz

Rode BMX on street/trail/etc from a young kid up through my 20's, raced a little BMX in my teens. In my 20’s got into mountain riding and faster road rides. I got into motorcylces pretty heavy and my cycling was recreational here and there for many years. About 6 years ago I decided to start commuting to work on a road bike (26 miles round trip) a couple days a week which sparked my cycling again.

I now have a few bikes based on the ride I'm doing...
Flat: Soon to be complete Autum Blitz
Daily/all-around/commuter: 2012 Cannondale Hooligan (my 2nd Hooli, a lot of fun)
BMX: 2008 MirraCo Icon Moto
Road: 2007 Carbon Synapse 
Commuting/touring: 2009 Gary Fisher Mendota
Mountain: 2008 Trek Fuel EX8

The Hooligan with the 20" wheels is the most fun, prob from my BMX days I love the smaller bikes and smaller wheels. 

I have been reading the forum a bit, trying to figure out a build as I didn't like the few complete bikes that I found. Decided to go through Flatlandfuel for my order, some great guys there, very cool and helpful.

Since my build is all planned out now I have been reading up on the "Trick of the month" pages to decide where to start... lot's of great info here that will keep me busy for a long time.

Thanks,
James