Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 462555 times)

Offline Brandon

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1230 on: February 04, 2011, 03:12:57 AM »
Brandon
21 years old
North Carolina
I rode a bit as a teen, but never flat. Missed riding and always loved flat so I figured why not learn.
DK Opsis

I've kind of lurked the site for a while now and it looks like it gets pretty regular traffic, hopefully you guys can keep me motivated!

Offline jbikemoto

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #1231 on: February 14, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »
my name is Kosuke Fujikura
Living in California
20 years old
Newbie who started riding fall 2010!!!

Now I'm off to post a thread cuz I need some tips im currious about!!

Offline keikei

« Reply #1232 on: February 26, 2011, 08:50:46 PM »
Hi,

Name: Keiron
Riding since: Used to ride street and dirt, currently riding a trials bike. always wanted to ride flat so hoping to get a complete.
Bike: Currently looking. A Damn LT / Paris 3 LT     Any other suggestions welcome???

Offline TRUTH1970

• Backpacker
« Reply #1233 on: March 01, 2011, 07:09:23 PM »
name SHANE           age40        harlow UK     frameQUAMEN G6 (CRACKED DROPOUTS) waiting to get back on bike after spine injury(5 time discs and ligaments given out since car crash 19 yearsago) want sickchild frame 19.25 . trying to deal with the loss of a good friend (leon hurst) by saying that live for the moment enjoy what you can do think positive.

Offline Glimmer

« Reply #1234 on: March 01, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »
Hi
Name:Ryan
Riding flatland for a while and loving every moment
Changing the frame soon from Kgb to Odyssey Waltz and a Khe Geshia light free coaster
can't wait
Live for the moment
And keep spining those wheels

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #1235 on: March 02, 2011, 07:02:16 AM »
Hello,

I was evidentially suposed to do this a long time ago (whoops!) Probably nobody will read this anyway, but maybe somebody will and go "oh, well that explains a lot."

Name: Jake Umberger
Answers to: Jacob, Jake or "Hay old guy!"
Riding since: 1986 officially and actually learning tricks (85 on a BMX bike goofing around and riding my friends on the pegs)
Bike: Not entirely accurate, but this is my current ride for the most part:
http://www.global-flat.com/bikeconf2/setup.php?ID=2087

Differences are Eclat levers, Eastern Fuquay Flyer Grips, Animal Bar Ends, Stolen Class Ring Sprocket, Mechanik Half-Trac Chain, KHE Astern Freecoaster, Odyssey 7K-A Rims, 

Notable History: Lets see.... In 1988 Started riding for Kory Riddell on his "Ground Crew" team (him and I by that time). Did a few parades and a couple of shows before the team officially disbanded.

Started my own team with a few friends called "Ground Effects" (inspired by Kevin Jones' GT add in Go: The Riders Manual.) Only a couple of us were ever noteworthy. The team was myself, Brian Benson, John Cox, Matt Sprinkle, Zach Sprinkle (that name might ring a bell), Seth Axelson, Jason Neufeld, and Abel Gooch (that name might ring a bell too). The team pretty much completely disbanded in 94.

Knew and rode with most Colorado riders in the 90's at one time or another (minus Leif Valin. He moved from CO before I could meet him) like Pat Dehne, Jay Eggleston, Mike Hill (rode flat with him most of the time), Mike and Nick Chessnoe, Brian "Yella" Gavagan, Troy McMurray, Matt Howard, Marcin Biegunajtys and a bunch of others I cant remember.

In 1990 started working at a shop called "Jim Dye's Bikes" as a mechanic (those from Stockton, CA might remember that shop. They moved it to CO when it was sold) Later they renamed it Cycle Madness and I later became the Manager. The shop was bought out from under me by the guys I brought in as investors in 95 (get them non disclosures kids).

From 95 to 2000 I still rode but the shop selling was a pretty big blow to me. I rode a lot less and any chances of a career in BMX vanished. In 2001 tried to recapture that passion and opened a new shop called "Side Show." Partner pulled funding and we closed it two months after opening the doors. Kept the bike, but put it away for what I thought was for good.

2005 realized that smoking cigarettes had replaced the buzz I got from riding and started riding again in order to quit smoking, but just barely and didn't give up the smokes. 2009 finally got serious about quitting smoking and started riding more and smoking less. 2010 finally quit smoking and loving riding again. Been smoke free since 12/12/10. Don't start smoking kids.

Working on getting everything back now. Was pretty good back in 95. Was probably able to compete in ams at that point. Now I am not quite back at square one, but close.

That's it. Like I said, who cares. Nobody is going to read it anyway. If your in Colorado though, I could do with someone to ride with.

Jake

"So whaddid I do? I rode like a maaaaan...."
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline SlideRider19

« Reply #1236 on: March 11, 2011, 06:43:42 AM »
Name:  SlideRider19
Trying to get started.

Offline leit

« Reply #1237 on: March 13, 2011, 05:49:56 AM »
Elliott
Panorama City
Been doing flatland for about 2 months now.
Started meeting up with other riders up in Studio City.
Props to: Jowii, Bobby, Ahmed, Richard, and the others I can't remember their names.

Was really cool to meet Roy and the owner of global-flat today.
Man i'm super stoked about the sport after meeting everyone there.

Offline cleanbmx

« Reply #1238 on: March 18, 2011, 05:58:58 AM »
Aron from Vermont
33 yrs old
got my first bmx when I was like 3 or 4
Always loved riding around on my BMX, never anything too crazy. After my daughter was born I stopped riding for 3 years but I got a new bike last year and don't know how I ever walked away.
Rockin' a 2010 DK Kvant and a 2011 DK opsis. Love them both.

flatfoot

« Reply #1239 on: March 18, 2011, 03:09:21 PM »
Hi, just joined.

Nickname: flatfoot

Riding since: a couple days ago.  Rode BMX as a kid in the 80s but got into skateboarding and never looked back until more recently.  I always admired flat; almost quit skating twice to pursue it.  Seems like the perfect, non-boring sport: relatively safe, creative, techy, stylee, gives a workout....  Figure I'd give it a go now while I still can.  Physically, I'm a lot younger than most of my peers, and I'm kind of a health nut, so I probably got quit a few years for my new hobby. 

Bike: DK Opsis 2010

Offline OSflat73

« Reply #1240 on: March 19, 2011, 03:22:42 AM »
Hi, just joined the global-flat community and I have to say that I love it.  I wish there was a community like this when I started riding in the mid 90's.

Eric from Fallon, NV

37 yrs old

Riding on and off since I was 15 but got really serious about flatland in the mid 90's in my mid-twenties. Rode everyday for about 4 or 5 years and then my priorties changed (wife and daughter and no regrets about that) but flatland was always on my mind. Now I'm pushing forty and 280 lbs and needed to get off my ass.  So it seemed naturall to get back on my bike. It's like starting over again, honestly. But I still love being on my bike. There are no other flatlanders here in the this small town, I hope that changes soon. 

Offline BigSam

« Reply #1241 on: March 24, 2011, 03:15:31 AM »
Name- Sam
Age- 23
Location- Northern NJ

Just started riding flatland.  I have been riding DH and wanted something to do when I wasn't able to get to the mountain. 

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1242 on: March 24, 2011, 03:43:23 AM »
Welcome, guys!  ;D
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline jorge

« Reply #1243 on: March 24, 2011, 05:18:49 AM »
my name is jorge vasquez.
Im from Panama.
Im 23 years old.
I have 6 years and six month to ride bmx.

check my video..
enjoy this.
Jorge Vasquez Flatland Panama Small | Large

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:28:10 AM by jorge »

Offline wrxfiend

« Reply #1244 on: March 25, 2011, 05:51:21 AM »
Hi all.

My name is Rob, I'm from Perth Western Australia, I am 30 years old and have decided to start scraping my shins again. Has been 10 years since I rode everyday, my the scene has changed, by that I mean It has completely died in this country. I cannot find one bike store in Perth with a Flatland Bike. I have just joined an Australian FL Forum called Flatland-Australia.com.  Hope to meet up with some members soon.

Cheers for now