Author Topic: Action Sports Coalition: Blood Sweat & Tears  (Read 3462 times)

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
Action Sports Coalition: Blood Sweat & Tears
« on: September 13, 2007, 05:14:21 AM »
Really it's called GrindHouse: Concrete Terror SK8 Jam & BMX/The Blood  Bath Bowl BMX Comp.

This is ASC's and "Iceland's"(Mississauga Multi-Use Ramps Park) 5th Anniversary, in addition to a new park opening. All the Details are on the poster, we welcome Flatlanders to join us at the BMX comp Sept 29th, 2007.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Action Sports Coalition: Blood Sweat & Tears
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 04:47:28 AM »
Our Graphic guy wrote Mississauga Mulit-Ramps Park.....HA! I just noticed this and they're not their....Classic!

It goes to show no one reads posters....HAHA! Now its true Grindhouse B-Movie Style.

Won't matter cuz the turn out for BMX rocks!

I really love whats happening with BMX right now, just the vibes is great with all riders, unlike other action sports.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 11:14:36 PM »
Well we are happy to say our SK8 event as part of the GrindHouse Back to Back was awesome. The Park Was Packed! The team riders decided not to do a demo since everyone just wanted to jam, however we did place competitions within the jam, but full on open format, everyone was involved in the judging. One thing to note,  when the Sk8ers get together no matter what goes down when it comes to unity they hold strong. Some riders came who we hadn't seen in ages. We had a ton of prizes, about 100 plus Riders walked way with a Circa Bandanas or some giveaway. We nailed sponsors within 4 days before the comp. This event went beyond our expectation.  As a rider the more, one supports one's community much can happen.

The BMXers even came out for the SK8 Comp, later we just played music and let everyone ride and enjoy. It was great to have "Flat Paul" come to the SK8 Jam, he pretty much had the whole parking lot to himself. Paul lives in another city, he likes to ride at "Iceland"...YEAH!

We are disappointed that the basket ball court was locked, the basketball players had to jump over the fence for access. This makes no sense whatsoever this being a public park on the City of Mississauga.  We are definitely going to bring this up and it is going to be very interesting. 

This coming Sat is the Blood Bowl Bath Jam for BMX as part of Grindhouse, but open to street, again we welcome the Flatlanders to join in and ride. Yes, as said over and over, there is nothing like when the riding community gets together. 5 years of grinding and damn worth it.

We hope to see you at Iceland.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 11:20:50 PM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

norcalmutt

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 12:00:25 AM »
GREAT
SOMEONE INTO THE TERROR MOVIES HEAVILY
DAMN
you better buckle up Bucko
its gonna get very red in here soon
hee hee he haw haw haw
mulahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
mulahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
evil smile

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 07:18:59 PM »
HA!

At my end it's more like Russ Meyer meets Blaxploitation(Coffy, I'm Gonna Get You Sucka,
Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song). plus what's a Jam and Comp without hot blood running through the veins...Neela

I am going to Crank up Wu-Tang for this gig and of course Quincy Jones(for my pleasure, every Queen Host needs to have her thrill). For the hola/crazy ass riding: Ted Nugent
Is He Wango or is he Tango & Cat Scratch Fever, Funk U.

No Air or Boards of Canada at this gig( I kid, mind you I love their music)....Its gonna be insane, cuz we need to make sure them muthafookers get loose just like ASC.

What really was unexpected at the SK8 gig red Bull showed up with car and gals giving drinks to kids (HUMM like they need this stuff). It was really funny when the gals asked the paramedics if they would like some Red Bull. :rolleyes:

So whatever your riding style can you dig it?!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:31:14 PM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 07:06:15 PM »
Nice to see Lachlan out to the BMX Comp....Star rider in the 'Iceland Pit'. He got the riders and crowd pumped.

This was one intense comp: Bowl & the Park Course. Parklife mad rad insane riding mayhem!

BMX was in full force.

Now for the Grey Cup Jam/comp in Nov AHHHH!...Cause You Can't, You Won't And You Don't Stop...Riders Come And Rock The Sure Shot....Ontario is filler'up with jams and comps!

Best wishes to ALL THE JAMMERS(doers for & at events) in here....Neela

RIDE......RIDE......RIDE