Author Topic: OG Vajda  (Read 7780 times)

TJ Perry

Re: OG Vajda
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 12:08:58 AM »

All the Vajda forks that we sold to Flatlandfuel and outside Hungary are of the new batch which forks are bombproof.  ^_^

Is this an official statement from OG bikes or just your personal opinion? I cracked my old oddysey forks right at the dropouts on both sides and I'd like to get the vadjas when my kun fu comes.. but I don't want to chance a lighter fork than the oddysey.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 12:45:07 AM »
Been riding my 1st Gen Vajda full front wheel, nothing else, lots and lots of cliffhangers, steamrollers, hang5's, halfpackers and hitchikers, for over an year now and everything seems in place just like the day I bought it. OG rules.

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 12:56:54 AM »
im thinking about new fork sometimes, and i am thinking about switching to zero fork, the thing is i have 14mm on my front so should i:
get the ody fork for 90$

or swap the axle in my hub to 10mm with new bearings and go for the tanaka\vajda?

Offline x james x

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007, 12:59:49 AM »
im thinking about new fork sometimes, and i am thinking about switching to zero fork, the thing is i have 14mm on my front so should i:
get the ody fork for 90$

or swap the axle in my hub to 10mm with new bearings and go for the tanaka\vajda?
Got some Oddys in the for sale ads in great condition

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 01:01:21 AM »
get the ody fork for 90$

Got some Oddys in the for sale ads in great condition
hehe thanks for the offer but i asked which one should i do, and not who has  :mellow:

:beer:

Offline x james x

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 01:06:45 AM »
Well in that case, in REAL world test the vajdas weigh 6 ounces less than the oddys , thats 1/3 pound. That was the deciding factor for me. All very good forks. Hard to make a bad choice with that group.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 02:43:43 AM »
I have a 14mm Vajda, don't they make those anymore on the new version? When I bought my 1st generation Vajda I specifically asked for a 14mm fork due to my front wheel only riding.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2007, 10:29:39 AM »

All the Vajda forks that we sold to Flatlandfuel and outside Hungary are of the new batch which forks are bombproof.  ^_^

Is this an official statement from OG bikes or just your personal opinion? I cracked my old oddysey forks right at the dropouts on both sides and I'd like to get the vadjas when my kun fu comes.. but I don't want to chance a lighter fork than the oddysey.

Have you seen shane badmans riding in person recently? His riding was what made me fully confident that mine will be strong enough. If those forks can take his heavy assuie style they can take anyones!
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2007, 12:11:35 PM »
I have a 14mm Vajda, don't they make those anymore on the new version? When I bought my 1st generation Vajda I specifically asked for a 14mm fork due to my front wheel only riding.
hmm... if a new generation would have 14mm that would save money and rule...

still not sure what i should do  :huh:

Offline Andras

• Backpacker
    • http://www.original-gypsy.com
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2007, 12:29:44 PM »
The new gen Vajdas are really strong. None of our teamriders cracked any of those, even though we have been using the new ones for over a year now. Peter Sarlos, Adam Kun, OG Marton, Shane Badman and many others (including me) are really satisfied.
The forks are available in three versions:

-14mm, with brake mounts
-3/8", with brake mounts
-3/8", without brake mounts.

Check them in our webshop:

http://www.original-gypsy.com/ogwebshop/item/10
http://www.original-gypsy.com/ogwebshop/item/9
http://www.original-gypsy.com/ogwebshop/item/11

The reason why many similar forks crack is because they use different method for making the flattened section of the fork legs. Many companies including Odyssey use welded on plates and then they file off the welding. The first gen Vajda forks were made like that, too. We had some problems with the flattened area because if your file off the welding, they will not be as strong anymore.
The second gen forks have pressed fork legs so you do not have to worry about any cracks anymore. So this is my personal opinion AND a statement of our company.  :wub:
Should you have any questions, just let me know.

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2007, 12:32:46 PM »
will the 14mm version be avalible at flatlandfuel?
because i remember asking you about handlebars and the shipping was more then the bars themselves...

Offline Andras

• Backpacker
    • http://www.original-gypsy.com
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2007, 12:43:27 PM »
Hi Dave,

If Pat wants to order some, then we can ship 14mm version for Flatlandfuel.

As for the shipping, there is nothing we can do about it..  :P

Of course the more things you order from us, the less the shipping would be on every single part. And this is not for telling you to order, these are just simple facts..

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 12:48:16 PM »
hehe that is true but i barely have money for a fork since im barely 15...

so i guess the right place for asking is patrick

thanks andras  :beer:

LOU4130

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 02:33:06 PM »
I keep hearing an odd creakin noise whenever i step onto a front peg on my Tanakas, so,when/if my tanakas crap out on me, im getting the OG Vajdas as a next one for sure

:beer:

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2007, 02:42:09 PM »
The thing with shipping is this. On display are the maximum costs you may pay for shipping, if the size and/or weight of the order falls under the specifications, FF automatically pass on the discounted price of shipping to you.

I have placed small orders from FF many times and received a discounted shipping rate under the displayed price either because it was smaller or lighter.
I find Pat really good like that.

This is often why shipping prices seem a bit high, because just imagine if it went the other way around, and you thought the shipping was cheap and then discovered the price had to be bumped up a little because of weight, then ppl would be pissed off.

So if you order just forks, you may be suprised, and maybe get a small discount on shipping too. But yes,  shipping does usually work out proportionately better with larger orders though.