Author Topic: Need some advice please!  (Read 3187 times)

Offline balance

Need some advice please!
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:20:46 PM »
Hi all,

I've tried over the years to get into flatland with limited success, mainly due to life circumstances which have got in the way.  I am now in a good position to put some time into it and have multiple reasons for doing so rather than just the love of it.  I have had 4 years of back/rib troubles to which I was told not to ride (I ride all kinds of bikes, or rather did). Very recently I had the final investigation in the form of a localised CT scan.  Everything has came back clear and from my most recent visit to my osteopath I have been given the green light to ride again, however he advised not riding my road bike or mountain bike.  I was kind of gutted as I love riding both of them.  His reasons were that both will not help with core muscles which is what I need to work on.  He suggested the gym, which I don't the like the idea of, just not for me.  I have start floor exercises but I would like to use flatland to help as I know I will do it! My question really revolves around this idea given my background.  Do you guys think it will help me? My main push is too work core muscles for mobility to start as we think that is the key problem.  I can see it uses uses a lot of muscles and would help massively.  I am 36 and not in too good shape.

The second question is the KHE 25th a good entry level bike which the frame has all the flatland characteristics. Or are there any mainstream bikes which share a lot of the flatland specific geometry which are easy to find?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Rob
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:02:27 PM by balance »
Endeavour to succeed.

Offline china flatland

Re: Need some advice please!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 07:17:16 AM »
if you love flat ,you can do it . This exercise needs to insist for a long time

Offline balance

Re: Need some advice please!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 12:39:25 AM »
Thanks for your reply, I am already on the case for buying a bike!
Endeavour to succeed.