Author Topic: Tango?  (Read 5512 times)

Offline Zeppelin

Tango?
« on: September 25, 2014, 11:43:45 PM »
What happened to the Tango frames? They're out of stock everywhere and I'm looking to learn riding some basic park and tech street to add a bit of diversity to a day out riding. The Tango seems almost too ideal but no where stocks them anymore?

I will be running some 2.4" Hawk tyres but is there enough space in the Tango's rear end?

The only Flatware frames I can find now is the V1 Waltz with the ultra thin dropouts. How thick are the Tango's dropouts? I'm really hope it's not 4mm! On that note how many people have bent these? I have this image of Flatware at least being on par with Sunday's quality seeing as they're part of the Odyssey family, please correct me if I'm wrong! :)

Thanks!

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Tango?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 12:18:40 AM »

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 12:33:53 AM »
What happened to the Tango frames? They're out of stock everywhere and I'm looking to learn riding some basic park and tech street to add a bit of diversity to a day out riding. The Tango seems almost too ideal but no where stocks them anymore?

I will be running some 2.4" Hawk tyres but is there enough space in the Tango's rear end?

The only Flatware frames I can find now is the V1 Waltz with the ultra thin dropouts. How thick are the Tango's dropouts? I'm really hope it's not 4mm! On that note how many people have bent these? I have this image of Flatware at least being on par with Sunday's quality seeing as they're part of the Odyssey family, please correct me if I'm wrong! :)

Thanks!

Either the new version s&m intrikat or the Reklamation SKJ frames would be your best bet for the $$$
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 08:19:53 AM »
I've got an old one. I need to strip the paint off too see if there's a small crack. If there's no crack, it's yours for peanuts, figuratively, plus shipping costs.

Offline Zeppelin

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 11:38:45 AM »
Thanks guys, I had no idea Flatware sank :(. I was convinced it turn out to be a success of some sort but I guess it just wasn't getting the Sunday treatment.

I've found a place still selling the Tango but not sure if I should go ahead with it. Can any Tango owners confirm the dropout thickness and possibly measure how wide a tyre can fit in the rear end of one? Really want to experiment a 2.4" on a Tango.

The Intrikat looks solid, I'll look into that too.

What are the most reliable coasters these days? I haven't kept up to date with BMX since 2009 and last used a Geisha Light. New Nankai, Ezra, Cult or Federal V3 any good?

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 03:14:00 AM »
I don't think 2.4 Hawk tires will fit that rear end.  Not with the gusset and narrow CS.  Also, it's got the thin drops on it. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 04:02:43 AM »
Thanks guys, I had no idea Flatware sank :(. I was convinced it turn out to be a success of some sort but I guess it just wasn't getting the Sunday treatment.

I've found a place still selling the Tango but not sure if I should go ahead with it. Can any Tango owners confirm the dropout thickness and possibly measure how wide a tyre can fit in the rear end of one? Really want to experiment a 2.4" on a Tango.

The Intrikat looks solid, I'll look into that too.

What are the most reliable coasters these days? I haven't kept up to date with BMX since 2009 and last used a Geisha Light. New Nankai, Ezra, Cult or Federal V3 any good?

Nah man avoid the tango. Paper thin dropouts and some were cracking.

Freecoasters: the new NYB (nankai) is the best hands down for durability and lightweight
Any of the khe clones are decent like the federal.
Ezra have done well
Avoid the cult at all costs until the v2 comes out
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Zeppelin

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 09:22:54 PM »
Thanks for letting me know guys! Are there any pics of cracked Flatwares around?

I've never seen a set of thinner dropouts than on Flatware frames, what were they thinking? Why didn't they use the Sunday hollow 8mm dropouts instead?

I found one for sale not too far from where I live, just wondering if it's strong enough for learning on.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 09:15:22 PM »
Hi,
I was riding a Tango for a little more than a year and had no problems at all (I am not riding super hard and about two or three times a week). I don't think the dropouts are too weak. At least for me they were fine. The dropouts of the Flatware fork are also 4 mm...
What I did not like about these was that for example the KHE Dubz chain tensioners (which I really like) are hard to use (you need to modify them a bit) because they use a M4 bolt. I think pretty much all chain tensioners use those and so this is the worst thing about 4 mm dropout. But in terms of strength they are ok.
I could imagine that you crack the frame because it is a little below 1,8 kg which is not much, so the wall thicknesses can't be big. But since it is manufactured very well I think it is stronger than some other frames, but maybe not super strong.
Sorry, I won't sell mine :)