Author Topic: turning grips back from inside out * mystery solved *  (Read 8205 times)

Offline locky

• Backpacker
turning grips back from inside out * mystery solved *
« on: September 02, 2014, 05:23:13 AM »
Now...

bought some grips a while back, month later bought new bars, when trying to get old grips off and onto new bars, HELL!
They were inside out and not going to change.

I've read some pointers on the net, most come down to. Just buy a new pair, nothing but many man handleing hours to get them back. And i did buy a new pair.

Time comes for new grips again on those new bars, And theirs my inside-out grips ontop of the tools box. I'm a gunna figure this out yo!

So i put one grip on the old bar and was trying to roll it back off inside out.. and i did get this. eventually. took me a good 30 minutes. Grips so close to ripping.

Second grip. *IDEA*  PING

1. lubricate the inside of the grip.. remember its inside out, so its actually the outside which is on the inside.
2. get a socket wrench and rag, put rag over end of wrench similar size to the grip opening
3.turn a small part of the grip inwards, don't roll it to the outside. your going to be pushing it through the inside.
4. Jam that wrench through the grip.
5. Should pass right through and if it doesnt do it completely it should get close.

A rubbery flubbbbbbnmmmm sound should appear when job is complete. similar to a swing of a dildo.

job done. under 30 seconds...

anyone else got a tip for this... because i think i nailed it..
everything else i read wasn't working for me with ease.

Offline 89schwinnsting

• Backpacker
Re: turning grips back from inside out * mystery solved *
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »
I've always used a thin and long flathead screwdriver with wd40 to remove grips without damage.

Offline slcflat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 10:37:01 PM »
I've tried hairspray, soapy water, all sorts of crap but like the previous post, wd40 is the best way!

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:31:21 AM »
Air compressor is the best

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 04:53:54 AM »
yeah getting them off is quiet easy.. use a phillips head or a spoke even to get that WD40 down there.

sometimes in excitement of new bars.. i just rip em off quick, hence inside out problem