Author Topic: TGM JAM 07 Videos Parts 1 & 2 + PICS Now Up!  (Read 14185 times)

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
Re: TGM JAM 07 Video Part TWO Now Up!
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 12:49:10 AM »
heres a pic from marie. log in to see it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:11:40 AM by AREA20 »

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 02:28:21 AM »
I dont get what's up with an opposite steam ride in to double whip to crackpacker, it flows in the direction of the trick, and the 180 hop on the crackpacker is a nice twist on the body directional changes sam was doing with crackpackers, cliffhangers, halfpackers, i know what you are saying about trevor meyer's version, but it's not like sam's bars are on the floor, sam is pushing flatland more than anyone i've seen currently, who else is doing original stuff like that?

----I didn't mean to be overly critical, it's not like I can do all that stuff ha-ha. I guess the steamroller in seemed kinda low-tech considering what happens after it is all, maybe soon he'll just do a normal whiplash into that insane stuff. I know I've seen that part done before, whiplash to step-out-front to barhop whiplashes, was it Ross Smith or Paul Osicka or someone ?  Anyways, wild stuff, and again, I was just kinda going why steamroller in to that amazing link, I didn't mean that ruined it or anything, I just was thinking he'd whiplash into it or something, anyways. The *hop* thing with the direction changes is just cause he's going too slow to whip smoothly I assume, and not a huge deal of course, I just had a nasty Trevor "trick thief" Meyer flashback when he hopped is all ha-ha.

jffe

Offline stewart

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2007, 03:55:07 AM »
I dont get what's up with an opposite steam ride in to double whip to crackpacker, it flows in the direction of the trick, and the 180 hop on the crackpacker is a nice twist on the body directional changes sam was doing with crackpackers, cliffhangers, halfpackers, i know what you are saying about trevor meyer's version, but it's not like sam's bars are on the floor, sam is pushing flatland more than anyone i've seen currently, who else is doing original stuff like that?

Simon is pushing flatland the most ride now!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 03:57:22 AM by stewart »

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2007, 10:13:52 AM »
please lets not turn this topic into a who's best , its all about jamming and good vibes. thanks.
everyone killed it that weekend as h-man said.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:15:34 AM by AREA20 »

Offline effraim

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2007, 11:28:13 AM »
This topic is not about a who's best, what i was saying is look at all the stuff Sam is doing, its all pretty new and fresh, he's coming up with his own concepts and styles.
But Jffe you cant say you weren't being overly critical you said the opposite steam ride in was "kinda lame/wierd", thats your opinion of course, but then does that mean that whenever anyone starts a combo with a fire hydrant, then its weak??
Kevin Jones did the bar hop whiplashes first, sams way into was totally new, and Sam is new school in the sense he's not aware of Ross and Paul doing that, what can say is Sam the first to do that trick from steam round bars no brakes and multiples into bomb links.
The hop to chnage direction was in no way cause he doesnt have the speed, sam can huck speed out of nowhere, better than anyone.
What you also have to bear in mind, was this was a jam video, its not a video part, everyone was at the mile for a good time, not to get bashed for having good time, can we call quits on this stupid topic.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 11:29:50 AM by effraim »

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2007, 11:48:01 AM »
Back on topic   ^_^ . . . .  Jay thats a dope pic. Marie got any more?

Offline stewart

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2007, 12:58:52 PM »
This topic is not about a who's best, what i was saying is look at all the stuff Sam is doing, its all pretty new and fresh, he's coming up with his own concepts and styles.
But Jffe you cant say you weren't being overly critical you said the opposite steam ride in was "kinda lame/wierd", thats your opinion of course, but then does that mean that whenever anyone starts a combo with a fire hydrant, then its weak??
Kevin Jones did the bar hop whiplashes first, sams way into was totally new, and Sam is new school in the sense he's not aware of Ross and Paul doing that, what can say is Sam the first to do that trick from steam round bars no brakes and multiples into bomb links.
The hop to chnage direction was in no way cause he doesnt have the speed, sam can huck speed out of nowhere, better than anyone.
What you also have to bear in mind, was this was a jam video, its not a video part, everyone was at the mile for a good time, not to get bashed for having good time, can we call quits on this stupid topic.

i was not talking about simo i was simon the guy thats owns ''Simons Fish & Chips, 435 Cowley Rd, Oxford''

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2007, 08:00:38 PM »
LMAO, NICE ONE STU.

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2007, 11:28:21 PM »
But Jffe you cant say you weren't being overly critical you said the opposite steam ride in was "kinda lame/wierd"

----You're right, I did say that, but I just meant in comparison to the crazy moves after it is all. And I'm sure Sam will come up with a better way into those links lord knows he's good enough to.  -_-  I'm not sure what the hopping to change directions is about then if it's not because he didn't want to pump the trick to get speed up for a smoother g-turn, but whatever works, it's still difficult stuff.

jffe

ciaran perry

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 11:29:16 AM »
flatland is freedom to do whatever lets not get into which hard / easy / whatever way people should or shouldnt  get into links with , picking up on somone for the steam into a link IS being over critical imo , i dont know anyone whose watched a pro link and said " it was good but only done a steam into it!" but still great stuff from many on the vid .

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2007, 04:47:23 PM »
more pics.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 04:53:51 PM by AREA20 »

h_man

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2007, 07:37:04 PM »
Thanks for the pic Jay nice one . ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 07:38:37 PM by h_man »

norcalmutt

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2007, 08:24:53 PM »
i rode with both Ross Smith and Paulie
and yeah there is hard to define definitions
on variations they do and by the way nice
p[ictures and yeah it looks like a fun time by
all.

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2007, 11:03:58 PM »
flatland is freedom to do whatever lets not get into which hard / easy / whatever way people should or shouldnt  get into links with , picking up on somone for the steam into a link IS being over critical imo , i dont know anyone whose watched a pro link and said " it was good but only done a steam into it!" but still great stuff from many on the vid .

----It was just a comment based on/compared to what came after, it was more an expression of confusion as to why he would choose that way into that amazing 1 handed double barhoplash to halfpacker combo. I watched the vid again, and it seems like he's *setting up* maybe, getting the right angle before he steps through and throws the frame around, so it makes a bit more sense to me now. Anyways, it wasn't meant to insult Mr. Foakes, he's obviously a great rider, and besides, the hopping g-turns bug me way more ha-ha, but that's just my opinion and let's not stress over it, really.  -_-

jffe

Offline ColinSmith

• Backpacker
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2007, 11:46:16 PM »
c smith & p dolan

My secret identity revealed!!
 :P