Author Topic: Ares a class tires  (Read 1806 times)

Offline masonmar

• Forkglider
Ares a class tires
« on: August 19, 2014, 07:42:08 AM »
I've been riding these tires for the the pass four sessions. My spot is polished concrete kept very clean and indoors. I ride for about two to three hours. My question is how long does it take to break in these tires and does any one have any break in tips? If I do tricks that carve tight or pump aggressively they slide out. I was riding the KHE tires and I could push them really tight in turbines and such. I really like how the Ares tires roll they are super smooth just a bit frustrated when they slide out.

Offline MAYTRICKS

• Backpacker
Re: Ares a class tires
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 03:26:37 PM »

Riding them on a rougher surface will wear them down faster which is what you're doing when you break them in.

Are you using the softer A-Class tire or the regular compound ones?

Offline masonmar

• Forkglider
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 04:13:32 PM »
I assume they are the regular ones. They are the only ones at flatland fuel. There wasn't an option for regular or soft.
I guess I'll ride them on a rougher surface to help break them in more. Thanks

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:22:19 PM »
Maybe something like a Brillo pad or something rough that you could sand them with just to get the initial glaze off
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 05:50:16 PM »
I've had mine for a few weeks and they still slide out. I'm on an old tennis court too.

Offline masonmar

• Forkglider
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 06:30:32 PM »
Hey 2flat2furious, that's crazy they are sliding out on tennis court. I was at voodoo this year and saw so many riders using this tire doing crazy stuff with their bikes leaned way over and no sliding out. I thought they would be the best tires.  What tires where you using before? And have you used the DOM tires? I'm thinking about trying them next.

Offline MAYTRICKS

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 06:52:12 PM »

Odyssey Frequency G SC(soft compound)k-lyte is a good option too. Read Effraim's review on flatmatters below.

http://www.flatmattersonline.com/product-review-odyssey-prototype-frequency-g