Author Topic: Mc. Circle Help  (Read 1990 times)

Offline sinus19

Mc. Circle Help
« on: June 20, 2014, 04:18:43 AM »
Hey guys..
 Ive been searching and watching videos on Mc. Circles. Ive been working on them for over a month now and have not made any progress at all...NONE, NADA. I know i know patience is a virtue... but i just cant seem to find any clues! I can get it in and lean the bike down for the first half. But i cant figure out how to get my first scuff/circle completed. Seams like when i go to scuff i lose balance or i lean the bike to far down and loose it or the frame catches up and comes around (like a fire hydrant) . Are there any rules of thumbs? Any comon mistakes? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:22:42 AM by sinus19 »

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: Mc. Circle Help
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »
Hello,
I recommend to try to find out where your body needs to be. Try to bring your center of mass more towards the handlebar, more far away from the handlebar, more up, more down and so on. You can bend the knee of the leg with the foot on the peg. Just try to bring your body in different positions, maybe you find a better one.
In addition you need to find out how the angle between the ground and your front wheel has to be. You must lean it to the ground, but not too much.
I do not know what level of riding you reached and what other tricks you can do, but in general practising a trick for a month is not so long. When I was a beginner it took me about ten month to learn a funky chicken... Keep patient!
Have fun and good luck.

Offline chromoly

• Forkglider
Re: Mc. Circle Help
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 12:33:20 PM »
Hey,
 the first scuff for me feels more like breaking down the momentum of the firehydrant. The scuff keeps the balance boint, not really speed the thing up, so it has to come at the right moment. It feels like catching the frame back at the center of the spin. I got it first out of a tailwhip on the ground (with frontbrake). Adjusted my handlebar a little bit back, that helped alot too. Anyhow i think my way to do it is more spinning then rolling it.
Progression should come after around three months or so.. :wacko:
Good luck and Keep going!