Author Topic: Thigh's Muscle Pain When Pumping HELP!  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Yousef Al Haeri

• My Facebook's Athlete Fan Page!
Thigh's Muscle Pain When Pumping HELP!
« on: May 09, 2014, 01:58:40 AM »
Hello, i've toke a little break for a while from flatland to see how i will perform after resting my body for little longer... but it seems like it turned out worse... i used to ride flatland every single day since 2010... until september of 2013 i Decided to stop riding for everyday due to not finding a good spot for where i live since i had a personal reasons for not going to my older spot which i used to ride there everyday... and that's the reason what made me take break in between 2 or 3 days from flatland. and then get back to it, but this time in September (which i just mentioned) i almost took a break from flatland for 2 weeks and later on, i started my first session and pulling a 45 seconds combo. and my right leg which is the area of my upper thigh's muscle keeps hurting me so bad whenever i pump a time machine or any kind of pumping tricks on my right leg. and even when i try to just roll on switch foot peg wheelie and it does starts to hurt too. but, that only starts to hurt me after having almost 2 hours of session. and it's really annoying me although it's making me stop pulling my old dialed long combos which i used to pull on the back wheel. (since i'm not a front wheel rider) so my point here is... "did anyone here had the same problem after quitting or taking a break from flatland from a long time then got back riding hardly and experienced this kind of pain on the muscle?" please an answer would even give me more information then i should before i go check the docs. thanks for reading.  :)
Ride in The Line !

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
Re: Thigh's Muscle Pain When Pumping HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 03:50:13 AM »
stretch.     before, during , and after.

prob the most important thing you can do for  your body . 

i would love to use the words 'chiropractic care' yet some people don't believe in this type of treatment .

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 06:51:52 AM »
o man i was going through some calf muscle pains on my right leg about a year ago... i bought some solid almond shoes and i doont get it anymore.
im also 28 now and my body some days cant go a 2 hour session..

Stretching is a good habit to get into. You will need it as you age, i dont ride now withought a good stretch first hand
my wifes a nutristionist, and taught me your diet thorugh the day can effect your riding in the evening.
if your going to ride at night make sure you get a good lunch in, fruit fruit fruit.

only other thing could be just having the time off has relaxed your muscles and they just need to find there groove again..

peace

Offline Yousef Al Haeri

• My Facebook's Athlete Fan Page!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 08:44:38 AM »
stretch.     before, during , and after.

prob the most important thing you can do for  your body . 

i would love to use the words 'chiropractic care' yet some people don't believe in this type of treatment .

o man i was going through some calf muscle pains on my right leg about a year ago... i bought some solid almond shoes and i doont get it anymore.
im also 28 now and my body some days cant go a 2 hour session..

Stretching is a good habit to get into. You will need it as you age, i dont ride now withought a good stretch first hand
my wifes a nutristionist, and taught me your diet thorugh the day can effect your riding in the evening.
if your going to ride at night make sure you get a good lunch in, fruit fruit fruit.

only other thing could be just having the time off has relaxed your muscles and they just need to find there groove again..

peace

Thank you all for answering this topic gladly appreciated. yes honestly i don't even warm up or stretch before riding it's one of the worse habit that i have but i will stop for now on. and start to warm up greatly for riding hardly. once again thanks in advance!
Ride in The Line !

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 06:39:47 PM »
Switch footed peg wheelies put really weird strains on your hips and thighs. I had to stop riding back wheel because I was getting really bad shooting pains down my leg from switch footed tricks.

Offline chromoly

• Forkglider
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 06:31:52 PM »
Had also pain in my whole right pumping leg this winter. It eaven hurted when i was walking after riding. I just made shorter sessions, but keept on riding careful. After around six weeks the pain dissappeared automatically somehow. Now same with my right arm since around two months. But again it feels like ist getting better. I never streched, just started riding slowly to warm up. Now i do strech after riding, specially the "pain-regions". Thats my "extra-strechpoints now".
Maybe ist a normal answer of the Body to unconventional muscle-use?! Just Keep going careful.
Cheers!!  :beer:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:39:09 PM by chromoly »

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 01:45:34 AM »
 Two weeks wouldn't be that long off the bike for me. I don't ride in the winter anymore, so I'm off the bike up to five months every year.  When you get back on the bike after not riding for a while, maybe you could take it a little slower to start with. Maybe go a little easier on the pumping, and shorter combos.  Or work on tricks that use different muscles.

It is very important to stay hydrated, drink lots of water.  Muscles can cramp up after long sessions if you are getting dehydrated.  Do leg stretches, especially after riding.