Author Topic: mankind code or alive for street/park  (Read 7225 times)

Offline Doc

mankind code or alive for street/park
« on: April 18, 2014, 10:46:09 PM »
hey does anyone know how well either of those frames would hold up to street/park?

and if so which would be better?

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
Re: mankind code or alive for street/park
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 11:39:54 PM »
I've had my alive for 2 1/2 years (rode it for 1 1/2) with no problems minor street riding

Then I swapped it out for a code which I've been riding for 1 1/2 minor street and it's held up really well

I love them both

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 03:51:22 AM »
I've had my alive for 2 1/2 years (rode it for 1 1/2) with no problems minor street riding

Then I swapped it out for a code which I've been riding for 1 1/2 minor street and it's held up really well

I love them both

Do not listen to melon. Dude just builds bikes and doesn't ride.

I wouldn't put the code to street, but it has been holding up for me for over a year. That's the longest a frame has lasted me in over a decade.

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 04:10:21 AM »
you guys should make out sometime.

anyway, neither frame was designed for street use, but from the way is built the code might be a tad more resistant.

work

K

Offline Doc

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 06:19:59 AM »
thanks for all the replies, and i know neither is really built for it, and I'm not talking about going hard like trying to jump like 10 set stairs or anything just i want to mess around around town.

I've tried street frames and they just don't feel right so I'm trying to find a resistant flat frame and I've heard really good things about the alive and code.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 07:26:51 AM »
thanks for all the replies, and i know neither is really built for it, and I'm not talking about going hard like trying to jump like 10 set stairs or anything just i want to mess around around town.

I've tried street frames and they just don't feel right so I'm trying to find a resistant flat frame and I've heard really good things about the alive and code.

The code seems strong enough for lite street.
One Last Ride.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 08:10:46 PM »

Depends on how big you are. It wouldn't hold up for me since I'm a big dude, but for someone small it might be alright. I wouldn't grind on it though seeing as the dropouts aren't really designed for it.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 08:15:25 PM »

Depends on how big you are. It wouldn't hold up for me since I'm a big dude, but for someone small it might be alright. I wouldn't grind on it though seeing as the dropouts aren't really designed for it.

True that.
One Last Ride.

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 01:23:41 AM »

True dat  :mellow:

Take the advise of a trolling CUNT instead  :beer:

Offline Doc

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 02:00:30 AM »
ok i gotta know, I'm new to all forms of bmx so I'm new to the forums but all over i see melon lover and 2flat2furious going at it.... is it all fun and games or do you two guys just don't get along?

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 02:28:18 AM »
Hey bro if you check ever thread I think you'll find that I have NOT started any of it  :mellow:

But If you check every other thread I think you'll find troll boy trolling nearly all of them he's got something to say on everything and most it is putting others down and saying just how good he is

You'll get used to it  :P

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 05:37:27 AM »
ok i gotta know, I'm new to all forms of bmx so I'm new to the forums but all over i see melon lover and 2flat2furious going at it.... is it all fun and games or do you two guys just don't get along?

I don't get along with people who pretend to be riders and show off how much money they've wasted on the internet to strangers. I don't take people who do that seriously. People who voice their opinion about parts or riding when they hardly even ride should be called out for peddling outright lies. I've actually put my time in and cut my teeth riding, unlike some people.

If you want advice about which bike is going to hold up for riding, then talk to those who actually ride. If you want advice on what part will look "cooler" than talk to Melon because that's about all he's good for.

Offline Midou Ban

• Hitchhiker
  • True style never shouts -> FLATLAND
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 06:23:33 AM »
Hey hey hey! Cool it out....   Just help the dude out ...

Were all family here as flatlanders.. Please let us help each other
"Great power comes with a great electric bill"

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 06:38:24 AM »

True dat  :mellow:

Take the advise of a trolling CUNT instead  :beer:

Just in case,i side with no one on this.
I just seen this bike in person and its a well built frame and like all others if the rider is taller or heavier this will affect the life on frame.
One Last Ride.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 08:10:34 PM »

ha, if you think this is bad, you haven't seen what happened 2-3 years back when 'blindingsun', 'tranq', 'juggernaut' and a few others were at it with T.J (2flat2furious)- 15~20 pages of epic pointlessness and derailment of threads left, right, front and center. Not to mention his run-in with "legends" of the sport...
it got so bad that 'attack' alias were created, members quit their account and reapplied under new alias to stop the hounding, a few riders got banned and a few more quit permanently.