Author Topic: igi SweetSPOT Pedal Release  (Read 6934 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
igi SweetSPOT Pedal Release
« on: April 12, 2014, 03:54:04 PM »

It's not every day that a new product that can actually open doors to new potential comes out. DUB's new igi SweetSPOT Pedal may be that rare component. Click here to see it in action!
 I talked with DUB about this, and he had this to say:

"To the riders of the Flatlands ,

Some of you might have noticed the ‘’igi’’ logo here and there. The idea of the ‘’igi’’ logo/concept comes from the word Original, or Origins. We must give out respect to our origins, especially in Flatland where whoever came first worked really hard to get us to this point in time in the evolutionary ladder of Flatland. 

Igi will represent what I have been thriving for in Flatland since I got into it, it is the sum of my years spent  on the bike and of the experience I have gained throughout these many fun years of spinning, turbining and pivoting on the peg and now on the pedal.This is  a pedal which for some won’t change much, but for the ones who see the potential in it, it might just do miracles for them. 

I have withheld on developing products for years because I thought the world had enough products in use and in it’s dumps and oceans already, though now I see how something positively charged can enhance the Flatland experience and contribute to, and accelerate the progressive process. Within that process is the will to make the world a better place. I want to make you feel better riding flatland, keep more people practicing  on the bike and having fun, thus keeping people away from the oh so awful consumerism which has taken over our era.

Flatland is still in it’s infancy and if we feed it right it will grow beyond what we ever thought possible. I won’t prone to hold the ultimate truth, though this product might help you find it!

I have been testing this shape for almost a year, and it enabled many things I thought impossible; I am at the final prototyping phase and will be entering into production this summer.

I thought I would let you guys know what I was up to, the Microphone pegs will be available early summer.

Salute

Jean William Prévost"

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
Re: igi SweetSPOT Pedal Release
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:50:28 AM »
I'm surprised no one else had thought of something like this until now and I think I know what Jean has planned for it.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 12:25:27 PM »
Didn't the KGB Pivot pedals have sort of the same idea?

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 01:36:40 PM »

Those were my first thoughts too; but props to DUB for at least trying to come up with a workable solution/ product then just bitch about it. This pedals look like a highly refine version of the kgb's.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:38:47 PM by K.Wong »

Offline montrealbmx

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 01:54:58 AM »
Hey Guys,
The KGB pivot pedals were likely  chosen out of a Chinese catalog and a logo had been applied to them. These pedals and every angle on them is the fruit of my labor. Things like these take alot of work. You will see once the final product is released. If you look closely, the kgb pedal and igi pedal have nothing in common, except for the idea of pivoting on the pedal. This one is also for turbines and backside spins on the pedal, and more...
Thanks for your posts.
Keep on pivoting(  :) )
dub
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:57:03 AM by montrealbmx »

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 01:52:06 PM »
Kgb pivot pedal look sh*t. I dont see how they would benefit pivoting. Mabye it was just a name.

Interested to see who gets a hold of these pedals and what they come up with.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »
very nice pedals...

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 08:37:11 AM »

They KGB pedals can still be found on beach cruiser bikes sold in shops today.  Like Dub said, the KGB pedal was a generic catalog pedal.  It being called a pivot pedal probably had more to do with the pedals grip being rubber that would allow your foot to pivot easier.
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
igi SweetSPOT Pedal - Titanium!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 09:00:30 PM »
Quote from: IGI
Some refining was done to the SweetSPOT pedal axle and tolerances to keep it tight on the spindle. These here are suited with tc4 Titanium axles to keep the weight down. Only 320 grams a pair! Woosh

http://www.global-flat.com/parts/part/2046