Author Topic: Sunglasses?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
Sunglasses?
« on: March 24, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »
Does anyone here ever ride with sunglasses on?  The place where I ride is all white concrete, so now that it's getting on towards sunnier days it's going to be a blinding reflective frying pan soon.  What works for flat and won't fly off my head?  I'd like to avoid the Bubbles glasses strap, never a good look.  There's a ton of sport sunglasses out but honestly I never thought about it until this year - chalk it up to getting older I guess….   

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
Re: Sunglasses?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 02:03:31 PM »
So nobody but me rides in the sun?  :) 

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 11:09:25 PM »
i ride whit glasses, they automatically turn dark when there is sun. till a couple of years ago i used a lace to prevent them from falling, then i stopped using the lace because i belived they would not fall anyway and i was rigth. i think you just have to get the rigth size of glasses for your head and they will not fall.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline cbentley

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:20:58 PM »
If I ride in a pair of Oakley Whiskers and most recently a pair of Oakley Fives Squared. Comfy enough and don't slide around much. Can't handle being outside in the bright sun without a pair of sunglasses these days.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 07:31:25 PM »
I've considered getting a pair of non-prescription Nike tinted contact lenses.
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »
I should also add I want to find a pair that aren't the size of a pair of welding googles or look like something an 80's pro wrestler would wear, which seems to be a large portion of the cycling specific glasses out there….

Offline DBZ

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 07:19:03 AM »
F Y T W