Author Topic: Where can I buy Quamen frame ?  (Read 13820 times)

Offline aininn

Where can I buy Quamen frame ?
« on: March 10, 2014, 07:02:03 AM »
i want to get one but there's no place to buy

do you know any webstore except Flatlandfuel ?

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Where can I buy Quamen frame ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:25:07 AM »
Mr zenta (owner of quamen) is down with illness, all new quamen projects are on hold.
can try 'dig it bmx' Japan for last year models, or fenix's- made by quamen ( very thin chainstay tubings but fairly light too) or try advertising in the 'wanted' section.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 06:55:14 PM »
go get some metal shelving from home depot/lowes and duct tape it together in the shape of a bike. you'll save money and get a very similar product. the stores will also not treat you like sh*t if you break it and ask for a refund to, which you won't get with quamen lol.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 09:28:02 PM »
Wow, bad blood still runs deep i see.
 you and martti  should learn to let-go some...
other than the cypher and g4 or is it g5, most quamen frames are alright, with their moblize crank arms being superb.
 Not the hugest fan of their "holey" style, but hey, them parts sure are light (and very collectable)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:33:57 PM by K.Wong »

Offline flatnatics

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 11:56:14 PM »
I have a brand new still in bubble wrap black g9 18.7" that I'd consider selling.
It has removable mounts too.  Don't know how much I want for it but I'm in Australia so postage will cost you..
No Worries...

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 12:50:29 AM »
God bless Zenta with his illness and treatments, but why the f*ck would you shelf a company just bc one guy gets sick? For the record, they were fantastic with my warranty claim.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 04:58:09 AM »
Wow, bad blood still runs deep i see.

They dicked me around on every single part I ever bought from them. It was like an 8 year streak of them treating me and people I knew like sh*t. f*ck them.

but hey, them parts sure are light (and very collectable)

lol bike collectors. f*ck bike "collectors" too.

I do agree with Metal though, regardless of how much I hate Quamen, I wouldn't wish a debilitating illness on anyone and I hope he can recover alright.

Offline aininn

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 08:07:22 AM »
I have a brand new still in bubble wrap black g9 18.7" that I'd consider selling.
It has removable mounts too.  Don't know how much I want for it but I'm in Australia so postage will cost you..
How much ?

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 01:05:13 PM »

Some people have other hobbies rather than sitting in front of the mirror all day thinking of ways to big themselves up on the interweb

Offline flatnatics

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 01:14:10 PM »
How much ?
i'm not sure. ill give you an answer asap. you want to know postage too? what are they new so i can work out a price? I'm not going to charge you that price, just want to know.
No Worries...

Offline aininn

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 04:06:54 PM »
How much ?
i'm not sure. ill give you an answer asap. you want to know postage too? what are they new so i can work out a price? I'm not going to charge you that price, just want to know.
[/quote
How much ?
i'm not in Australia. So I have to use international shipping service.
um...just send to the office in Australia and they'll send it to me.
price.. i'm not sure too .

Offline flatnatics

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 08:30:05 PM »
How's 250 for the frame + postage? What's your city and I'll find out postage costs?
No Worries...

Offline flatnatics

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 10:30:59 PM »
Express postage to the states is about $70.
If you want it let me know. I can show pics if it in wrap too if you want.

They sold for $370us new so this is cheap I reckon. I accidentally ordered the wrong length and never sent it back. So I've had it sitting there. I'm currently riding an 18.2 and love it.

#And it is a euro BB frame too!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:40:13 PM by flatnatics »
No Worries...

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 05:10:57 AM »

Some people have other hobbies rather than sitting in front of the mirror all day thinking of ways to big themselves up on the interweb

says the guy who says he builds bikes to get attention from people on the internet. I personally have and lots lots of hobbies that I've worked very hard at. Riding is only one of them.

do tell what else you're good at

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 07:45:52 AM »
i can do an ollie