Author Topic: cough cough.. a video.. cough..  (Read 13919 times)

Offline draken413o

• Backpacker
cough cough.. a video.. cough..
« on: August 26, 2007, 05:53:23 PM »
Hello.. I guess it brings me much pleasure to introduce myself to the entire world..

with a video...

It will contain alot of spinning..
Alot of switch hand steam rollers
and.. turbines.. and pumping...
It may even bore the hell out of you..

But it's pretty much what I've got at the moment..

So please.. have a look..

Small | Large

Thank you..

Offline Nlott

• Hitchhiker
Re: cough cough.. a video.. cough..
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 06:09:11 PM »
nice riding my brother. I really enjoyed the turbine crackpacker/wheelchair.
Nolan Lott
Binghamton University

Offline timmyg

• Hitchhiker
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 06:14:52 PM »
yo thats like the flatland palace/dojo man wtf that place is insaneeeee

nice cowboy gunslingin it at the end ahhaha
What man, whose the man,
what makes a man a man,
Am I a man? Yes, technically i am

Offline draken413o

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 06:29:12 PM »
Heh.. I just learned the wheel chair stuff... so it may look abit sketched...

Yeah the cowboy thing was rather... homosexual... but it's all happy times..

The spot.. Well it's my spot to ride in.. I got permission to run the lights and fan when I'm there.. so it's heaven I guess..

Offline x james x

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 06:47:26 PM »
Like your riding. Love your spot!

LOU4130

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 08:19:08 PM »
Nice riding, nice spot!

hey werent you in Diversion 6.0?....as a matter of a fact, i think your on the cover!..lol

Offline draken413o

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »
hahah.. Yeah I was... I pretty much sucked in diversion... I still pretty much do right now..

LOU4130

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 08:28:19 PM »
ha no way bro, i think your pretty stylin..lol

But in a way, since flatland is like art, and artists are never satified with their work,you will probably never think your good, and that alone will push you to be better, so keep on bro!

:beer:

Offline LuvFlatland

• Backpacker
    • Myspace!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 08:40:25 PM »
dude awesome riding i love it :)
I live in Los Angeles!!!

Offline Tim Knoll

• Forkglider
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 09:34:41 PM »

But in a way, since flatland is like art, and artists are never satified with their work,you will probably never think your good, and that alone will push you to be better

I do strongly agree with your statement about artists never being satisfied. But i believe flatland fails to be an art when everyone rides incredibly similar to one another. I watched this video and it did nothing for me. I can’t help but to sound like a dick in saying this (and i am sorry), but the whole turbine steamroller combo is beyond played out at this point and i do not understand why everyone is considered an ’artist’ for doing such incredibly redundant tricks/links. I probably just alienated myself from this board because i know so many are hopelessly attached to the steamroller…oh well, i’m over it. Anyways, perhaps it simply comes down to the fact that such artists as Van Gogh or Goya are discussed in history books centuries after their time due to their style, skill, and ultimately their nonconformity.  I’m sure there were several thousands of artists around the times of these greats whose legacies have decayed because of the insignificance of their works. So i guess the course of time will determine who the flatland greats are of our time. But then again, if people are riding with the sole purpose of enjoyment in mind then f*ck the concept of art all together, it doesn’t matter.   

Offline LuvFlatland

• Backpacker
    • Myspace!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 09:38:58 PM »
when ur a newbie like me as long as it looks cool im pschyed :)

hell i think multiple whiplashes are the greatest/coolest thing in the world :P well after a double decades of course ;D
I live in Los Angeles!!!

LOU4130

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 02:53:10 AM »

But in a way, since flatland is like art, and artists are never satified with their work,you will probably never think your good, and that alone will push you to be better

I do strongly agree with your statement about artists never being satisfied. But i believe flatland fails to be an art when everyone rides incredibly similar to one another. I watched this video and it did nothing for me. I can’t help but to sound like a dick in saying this (and i am sorry), but the whole turbine steamroller combo is beyond played out at this point and i do not understand why everyone is considered an ’artist’ for doing such incredibly redundant tricks/links. I probably just alienated myself from this board because i know so many are hopelessly attached to the steamroller…oh well, i’m over it. Anyways, perhaps it simply comes down to the fact that such artists as Van Gogh or Goya are discussed in history books centuries after their time due to their style, skill, and ultimately their nonconformity.  I’m sure there were several thousands of artists around the times of these greats whose legacies have decayed because of the insignificance of their works. So i guess the course of time will determine who the flatland greats are of our time. But then again, if people are riding with the sole purpose of enjoyment in mind then **** the concept of art all together, it doesn’t matter.   

This is true Tim, BUT not EVERYONE does those same links. In my opinion, i could care less what everyone else is doing if it looks smooth and has style, its all good to me. I dont judge every rider like its a contest. Noone said this was suposed to be a ground breaking video. He was just showing some stuff. Didnt say anything about being innovative or anything. We know there are riders who are, and riders that wont be. That doesnt make any of us "less a rider". I feel the same way about art, if it looks good i like it, whether or not its similar to something else or not. Hoe many comic book artists draw so very similar?..i dont think that makes any of them less of an artist. As for riding,I cant do that stuff yet, and when i can, id like to be happy about it and share my happiness without someone telling me "oh thats so overdone" Ive been seeing people doing hitchhikers for almost 20 years, and im not about to say those are played out, in my opinion. Its  a trick, its just riding. My point was just, if you think you suck, you'll keep trying harder to be better, and that is all.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:59:43 AM by LOU4130 »

Offline x james x

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 03:20:21 AM »
The art is in the style not the trick. Watching someone smooth flow is a beautiful thing. And like all art, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Offline draken413o

• Backpacker
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 04:47:36 AM »
Hmm..

I foresaw that my steamrollers thing would be an issue of controversy..

But I guess from my point of view.. That was a phase in my riding when I used steam rollers to link my tricks up.

I've been doing switch hand steam rollers for a while now and it just so happens everyone seems to be doing it now..

But I gurantee you.. I do have some trick ideas or tricks that are not steam roller orientated.

Offline Tim Knoll

• Forkglider
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 09:06:56 AM »
Lou and James, you two bring forth a few really strong points. You both have better attitudes than I do. and also Jonathon i don't mean to completely put you down, it's just that i'm sick of the redundancy in flatland these days. you're not the first skilled rider that i've seen who irritates me because i wonder why, considering the skill you possess, you don't do more inventive links/tricks. It's something a person of your level is certainly able to achieve. anyways, sorry to push my opinions onto you so harshly.