Author Topic: Dragonfly Motion 08 Prototype  (Read 16990 times)

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Dragonfly Motion 08 Prototype
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 07:51:13 AM »
I think that the frame is a logical progression for Yanmar and the Motion frame. I know that he has been doing whiplashes a lot lately so I can see where he is coming from here.

To take this topic further does anybody know what's happened to Yanmar riding wise? He's been progressing really slowly for years now. He blew up and won(?) Flatground when the whole pumping thing was new and cool but now he's really dropped off and some of the young (16-17yr old) Japanese kids are waaaay better riders than him. Does anybody know how old he is? I wonder if he is burnt out on flat or something? He was never all that original to be honest so I'm wondering if he just hit a wall. I'm not knocking him, it's merely an observation.

Paul

He was never all that original?what about that 360 barflip into halfpacker?

Offline marsan_flatland

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 08:53:34 AM »
I think that the frame is a logical progression for Yanmar and the Motion frame. I know that he has been doing whiplashes a lot lately so I can see where he is coming from here.

To take this topic further does anybody know what's happened to Yanmar riding wise? He's been progressing really slowly for years now. He blew up and won(?) Flatground when the whole pumping thing was new and cool but now he's really dropped off and some of the young (16-17yr old) Japanese kids are waaaay better riders than him. Does anybody know how old he is? I wonder if he is burnt out on flat or something? He was never all that original to be honest so I'm wondering if he just hit a wall. I'm not knocking him, it's merely an observation.

Paul

your words seems good.........

but im shure riojy work on the most impossibe sh*t on earth when hes all by himself alone at his spot!

Offline R(uler)O(f)B(alance)

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 09:00:26 AM »
haven´t you been "attacked" like this on here yourself?
what good does it bring?
isn´t flatland the same old dance anyways lately?

basically what marsan said, but let´s sit and watch how 07 will mark the death of flatland.
at least contestwise.

Offline DiEgo

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 07:30:37 PM »
<strong>Dragonfly</strong> comes up with a new prototype of Yanmar's signature frame <strong>"motion"</strong>. It's much lighter now ( 1.86 kg = 4.1 lbs ) and fully heat treated. <strong>Yanmar</strong> is testing the frame for a month now and afterwards it will probably go into production. You can see the frame in action for a moment in the <strong>Prova Cup video</strong> of <a href="http://www.psychobmx.com/" target="_blank">psychobmx.com[/url].

<strong>More information:</strong> <a href="/parts/part/665" target="_blank">Dragonfly - Motion 2008[/url]

looks similiar to Rdogs prototype "GMF"
GMF, Byke Project

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 08:49:36 PM »

Paul

He was never all that original?what about that 360 barflip into halfpacker?

he can do that from either side.

and I dunno if its so much Yanmar being burnt out...he has just vanished in that ocean of ridiculous Asian talent.

what also kills me is it could have been just another standard Tao remix with two triangles and no one would have said anything other than TJ of course..lol

i realy dont know which other direction you people want them to go...we've seen single tube and moncque style everything..do you want them to make the tube curved outward or something?

I think TJ is dead on...hte look is secondary to geometry...you can only do things slightly differeent in ASTHETIC design..but you can remix current geometry's.

If you all were held to the flame..we'd find out there realy is only two frames...the show and tao...still...but in reality we have tns of frames to choose from that are different in ..what'd the acorn say when he grew up?

GE OM E TRY.

GET IT...if not you not realy qualified to talk frame geometry.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 08:57:14 PM by JFos »
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 08:52:51 PM »
have you seen him riding out of contests lately Paul?

if you haven't, you should. :)

the backend is really sexy. the front is a bit too much for me.

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 08:56:09 PM »
and jeez..Id ont think Paul attacked anyone...I dont think Paul looked at it like He was attacked when TJ and flatride simply expressed opinons.

We should be able to talk about riders to some degree without it being lumped into attacks...jesus...can someone second guess starting a QB on Sunday without it being an attack?

YES...maybe its because flatlands that "little town" and everyone kind of knows eachother or someone that knows somebody.

I'd like to see what Akira has going on right now actually.

What ever happened to Enyo?

G-turn whoper stuff.

like 5 years ago...

I think lots of Japanese pros have been lost in the lime light...I mean Kotaro owned it a few years ago...but new guys come up...I think its more about new faces that automatically bring new style if your talking about the "latest greatest"

I mean in relaity no one busting like Hiro..but lots of other riders are getting more vid time and exposure than he is..same with Uno.

I bet people in Japan are wodnering what happened to Trevor.

Hes out there...
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline Gensanity

• GF Inhabitant
  • ....enjoy....
    • My Art For Free & For Sale
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 09:08:05 PM »
that bend in the top tupe is rediculously steep
I guess if you need a bunch of room for step/jump over tricks its all good.

Offline Vijuel

• Backpacker
    • http://www.myspace.com/MADEflatland
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 10:15:46 PM »
looks good.  i would go with the garuda instead though. sorry dragonfly.  but im sure the dragonfly is easier to get ur hands on.
Vijuel...M.A.D.E. Flat

TJ Perry

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 10:18:53 PM »
Jeff I think it's interesting you brought up Uno. I think if he got maybe 1/4th the coverage he gets now, people would be way more hyped up on him. I mean that spinning stuff he does one handed going forever and ever is really hard there's no doubt about it, but when you see it on every video that gets thrown up of BATTLE IN THE FLATGROUND CIRCLE OF NOKIA then yeah, it seems played out. Hell, Hiro gets props for essentially doing the same tricks in every link but nobody seems to mind that much.

I heard Yammer has a TON of new stuff that will blow minds, but it's one thing to do a trick and another entirely different thing to do it in front of a live audience. Trust me. Contests ain't easy.

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 10:48:48 PM »
Yea this is why the non contest video should be what producers make their massive piles of cash over (sure casm) ...you can protect individually filmed riding sessions...ou cant protect contest footage though...too many cameras...same with Jams..

I just thought of a new topic.

Offline Paul Chamberlain

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 04:32:39 AM »
haven´t you been "attacked" like this on here yourself?
what good does it bring?
isn´t flatland the same old dance anyways lately?

No - and I don't see how your final comment is relevant.

your words seems good.........

but im shure riojy work on the most impossibe **** on earth when hes all by himself alone at his spot!

I hope so too Simon.

Offline Todd Loves Curry

• Team
  • Backpacker
  • Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!
    • Flatland Australia
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 04:52:20 PM »
Has anyone heard any more on this frame?

Like when it may be released? Pat......im lookin in your direction.....

Offline ngtv_crp01

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 04:23:39 AM »
hi guys.. anybody have any idea when this frame would probably be out ;)

joelweevil

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 06:02:02 AM »
well, i'm not japanese, but i know what happened to trevor. he just keeps getting better and better. dont believe me, go watch him ride, but find him first.dude hasn't faded a shade. he'll do all your runs for warm-up, thats what happened to trevor. :ph34r: