Author Topic: ISO: Jam Tips  (Read 3416 times)

Offline The Injured Faith

• Funky Chicken
ISO: Jam Tips
« on: January 12, 2014, 08:18:37 PM »
Hey guys,

I have something in the works for a future jam, but there is some advice I'm currently searching for. How do we classify the different riding levels.

yeah sure...

Beginner
Intermediate
So on
So forth

What are the guidelines of each class? length of their links? Combo size? complexity? wether or not their socks match?

Help a native out?
thanks guys.

Leland
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:20:22 PM by The Injured Faith »

Offline FlatSociety

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
    • FlatSociety
Re: ISO: Jam Tips
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 07:13:11 AM »
Hi Leland I'm from Gilbert, so a jam sounds really cool. Anyway, as far as judging riding goes, I would say creativity & flow are important. When you see the videos from Japan they're very individualized & creative. It's more fun to watch & harder to do than just being a clone. Also, flow/smoothness should count too. This shows mastery of tricks & combos. And if their socks don't match they should get extra points too!

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 07:07:41 AM »
Has anyone ever just had a jam with judges watching the whole thing? End of day, results if anyone still cares ;) Not suggesting this for the ISO Jam, but more on a tangent. These questions got me thinking...

Offline The Injured Faith

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 04:08:03 AM »
I love the idea of keeping tabs on how much fun a rider is having through out the jam but being able to juggle a bunch of riders with a few judges is going to be a hard concept to follow. I also like the thought of group judging, like all the riders of a certain group choose the most creative,dialed or fun.

We had a jam in Tucson this past weekend and got some ideas from my guys and I'm working on the concepts of what they said but I keep getting lost in translation. Hopefully though I'll make up my mind. Thanks for the input guys!