Author Topic: Primo Freemix Freecoaster available in 2014  (Read 12280 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Primo Freemix Freecoaster available in 2014
« on: December 17, 2013, 02:34:24 PM »

Seems like everyone is making Freecoasters now and Primo joined the club as well. For the Freemix freecoaster they tried to come up with a minimal design according to their website and even added some hub guards. Those might come in handy for your next street flat adventure ;-) Here are some details from the Primo website:

"Our first freecoaster hub in a very long time the FREEMIX will be available next month and we figured this would be a good time to talk a bit about it. Our goal with this hub was to make the most basic coaster possible because as many of you may already know these hubs can be a bit confusing once disassembled. This is why our coaster come with no adjustable slack. By removing any adjustable pieces you are left with a longer lasting hub that requires less maintenance. The second detail we felt was very important was to offer the FREEMIX as a complete wheel as well since we know how inconvenient it can be building up a whole new wheel just to see what coasting feels like. If that's not enough for you we have a special treat to top it all off. If you are serious about wanting to get into riding a coaster do your research, the FREEMIX has been tested by nearly the entire Primo Pro team for over a year now and has been put to work."

You can see the Freemix Freecoaster in action in the Primo Blazers edit. A few more photos are available in the parts section: Primo - Freemix

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
Re: Primo Freemix Freecoaster available in 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 03:39:53 PM »
Interesting!!
One Last Ride.

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 03:55:16 PM »
Old news, this was all on the merged website a while ago.
Including the exact text thats been copy and pated.

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 04:18:55 PM »
Old news, this was all on the merged website a while ago.
Including the exact text thats been copy and pated.

I guess even Primo is copying and pasting their own blogposts from the Merged: http://primobmx.com/blogs/news/10780985-the-freemix

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 10:07:11 PM »
Ok, still fail to see how less than a week is old news or what's wrong with quoting the Primo blog ..

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 10:55:45 PM »
In my opinion it is ok that it has been somewhere else before. I don't check so many sites and so I am happy to find all the news here...

Is this hub with KHE internals? The driver looks like, doesn't it?
It seems like that the companies offering KHE clones do not mention this anymore like in the past. Maybe a different situation with the rights now?

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »
Ok, still fail to see how less than a week is old news or what's wrong with quoting the Primo blog ..

I for one didn't know abut it.

I usually find most of your updates on FB, and get linked here, so thank you for sharing this info .

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »
Well i wouldnt have known a thing about it unless it was posted here.

Thanks martin.

Is this hub having no adjustment going to put off alot of back wheel riders. And im not sure what standard slack is without adjustment as i pretty much went for a bunch of slack from day one.

Is it slightest backpedal and it will engage or will you get 1/8 or a 1/4

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 02:50:30 PM »
i dont check other sites.Only global and flatmmaters.so its good to see stuff here.thanks martin

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 05:46:58 PM »
Is this hub with KHE internals? The driver looks like, doesn't it?
It seems like that the companies offering KHE clones do not mention this anymore like in the past. Maybe a different situation with the rights now?

Brands don't like mentioning other brands... that's why companies that have after market parts are labeling them with other names... KHE->Affix, WTP->SALT, etc.... so when they use those after market parts on the completes they are not directly advertising the other brand...

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 09:37:32 PM »
Maybe... I thought of the Federal hub where you can see something like "with KHE internals" written on the shell.
I think at the moment you have the choice of Ezra-style hubs or KHE clones, nothing else. Not sure about the Profile, it seems to be a little different, but based on a cassette like the Ezra as well.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 11:55:03 PM »
new colors