Author Topic: KHE A-Damn Pro 2014 Complete Bike  (Read 6706 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
KHE A-Damn Pro 2014 Complete Bike
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:49:48 PM »

KHE updated Adam Kun's signature complete bike A-Damn Pro a little bit for 2014. On their website they commented: "Flatland progresses, and so does Adam Kun. For his 2014 bike we improved the whole feel of the bike by adding a regular 2-piece bar with a topload stem, giving you more flexibilty than ever!". Fun fact: Adam's signature A-Blast Handlebar is not used for the complete bike anymore. However, the bike looks fresh and weighs only 8.9 kg (19.71 lbs). Check out all the details below and more photos on the KHE website.

Frame:
Adam Kun Pro Model: 100% 4130 CrMo | TT 19“ | CS 12.8“ | 74.5° HT
 Fork: KHE Addict fork | 100% 4130 CrMo | double-butted & tapered legs | zero offset
 Handlebar: KHE Arsenic bar | 100% 4130 CrMo | multi-butted | 8.75" x 28.75"
 Stem: KHE CNC Topload
 Crank: KHE Erlkönig 160mm | fluted CrMo arms BB KHE Affix Bush Euro BB
 Sprocket: KHE Rotor 20 teeth alloy
 Pedals: KHE Stimulatorz
 Front Wheel: KHE Greyhound Front bolt hub 36H | KHE BigO rim | DT Swiss spokes
 Rear Wheel: KHE Greyhound Flat Freecoaster 9T bolt hub | 36H | KHE BigV rim | DT Swiss spokes
 Tires: KHE MAC1 foldable
 Seat and Post: KHE Watanabe seat | KHE Prismatic post
 Brankes: KHE U-Brake | front
 Pegs: 4x KHE Alchemy plastic pegs with griptape
 Color: matt black
 Weight: 8.9 kg (19.71 lbs) incl. pegs

Offline locky

• Backpacker
Re: KHE A-Damn Pro 2014 Complete Bike
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 12:15:27 AM »
Pretty solid complete bike.
No back brakes though?

Really like those khe brakes. Look smick.
I had mine brakes stolen. Funny that. Take your brakes off for one weekend and someone decideds to steal you toolbox with all my spare bits and pieces.
Might get some of these khe brakes

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 12:32:47 AM »
How much are these babies gonna sell for? $1200?

Phatman

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 02:31:17 AM »
I like the Frame Geo.. Could do with a slightly longer Top Tube though! I'm a bit confuzzeled by the "Street" Bars though  ???  Nice High Cross Bar that's a PITA to step over, SUPER Wide & Full "Regular" Back Sweep! So we're looking at 12 Back, I have ridden Bars with 12 Back whilst experimenting with the "Streetland" Bike & whilst they are a little more comfy on your wrists, they really do not work well for most tricks. Full Length Stem bothers me too lol (I have another thing to point out in a sec too! SUPER Picky lol) I don't understand the running Street Stems for Flat. I am running a 36mm Stem which feels great to me! But once again... Running a 46mm Stem on Streetland Bike, for most Flatland Tricks it feels at least to me, It's puts the Bars in a weird position for A LOT of those Tricks so you end up putting the Bars at super weird angles.... Not really for me. The last thing, look at the Picture of the Sprocket... The Crank Arm in particular, has whoever installed those Cranks not tightened the Bolt right up or do they really sit THAT Far out of the Arm?!

HOWEVER!! All the bitching aside! I really do like this Bike & i have always liked the Frame, I even contemplated purchasing one at one point but the weight really worried me with my fat ass! (Not as fat anymore however lol) But yeah... It's a very good looking Bike! I know a lot of people would probably have a few favourite Parts put aside that they have kept from old builds that you could switch out anyways!

:beer:

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 02:40:54 AM »
I agree I don't really see how 12º backsweep is very normal for most flatland riding. A high crossbar isn't necessarily hard to step over for a lot of tricks since you really kind of step over your grip with the bike tilted down anyway, unless you're talking about tomahawks and funky chickens which yeah I guess you're right. I've noticed several people doing the 50mm+ stem and I've heard it's nice! But pairing it up with a Zero fork seems like a bad idea.

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 03:00:33 AM »
Well it's 46mm not 50+ but still...

I wanna know, who buys a complete bike like this? I mean if you have more than say $700 you're already thinking about building a custom. Just wonderin. Maybe they just do it for the heck of it.

Offline gino4130

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
The brake looks really nice.  Website says it has bush bearings.  Anyone know where you can buy the brake?

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 10:19:48 PM »
...who buys these pricey completes?
Flat-ism

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 12:37:53 AM »
khe need to make there parts more available, glad to see the prismatic post and watanabe seat are still being made, mine are probably 6 yrs old and need replacing, very hard to get hold of in uk, by far the best seat and post

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 12:51:47 AM »
You checked I.d distribution lee?
Flat-ism

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 12:59:50 AM »
ok , im on it, cheers trev