Author Topic: s&m intrikat  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Flatland318

• Backpacker
s&m intrikat
« on: October 30, 2013, 07:56:44 PM »
So I'm still pretty new to flatland only been riding almost a year now. I want to build a new bike. I'm considering a foot jam... But I hear alot about these s&m Intrikat's. Whats so good about them?, just outta curiosity. I'm use to riding slim frames my KHE is very slim. To me the intrikat looks alot taller than most flat frames I see out today. I have short legs and a long torso so I dont like to have to high of a frame, although I think its more of a mind thing.  :beer: :beer: :beer:
It aint nothin' but a G thang baby, Def Row is tha record dat pays me.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: s&m intrikat
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 07:14:59 AM »
Intrikat's are sweet frames. I've had 2 now and can say they are extremely durable.

I'd personally be embarrassed to ride a low slung frame, and really, I'm just used to the feel of a high standover bike on cliffhangers--makes for a nice little pocket to wedge yourself into back behind the seat. The added room from the gusset on the front lends itself to those who might be learning how to scuff or doing other rolling tricks.

Another plus that's hard to beat is S&M's fantastic warranty and service that they offer--as in a company who stands behind their products. All in all, if you're looking for a strong bike then get the Intrikat.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:19:10 AM by metalbmxer »
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »
If you have been riding low-slung frames, probably the waltz or tango. Can't beat odyssey for warranties and anti-rust treatment to their frames. And for hobbits like me(short legs, long torso, big feet), i find bikes with 12.5~13" chainstay lengths working better.
i think the phenomenon of longish/streetish chainstay lengts and higher stand over height is very "American", or those that do rear-wheel tricks exclusively.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:19:57 PM »
A lot of brands are going with the "street style" Trend.

If you like your low frame then you should stick to that style.

The Deco Terry Adams frame is also available now, KHE's new frames with Affix rotors are coming out very soon and there are many more options out there...

Offline Flatland318

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 07:42:26 PM »
I heave been riding a KHE a-damn lt (2010) so not only is it a low frame but its also a bendy tube as well. I'm fixing to buy a foot jam though. I'm going to build it up with all odyssey parts though besides the bars I'm gonna give the Intrikat 9's a shot.
It aint nothin' but a G thang baby, Def Row is tha record dat pays me.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 08:08:23 PM »
The Intrikat is a solid great frame! Its just a bit taller in the seat tube and has a bit longer chainstay than the Deco but the Deco does have integrated chain tensioners that help adjust the rear wheel unlike the Intrikat which the dropouts are too short for my taste.
One Last Ride.