Author Topic: Araya TB-507X Rim  (Read 8280 times)

Offline ngpete

Araya TB-507X Rim
« on: October 27, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »
Hi Guys,

I did a little browsing over the net for Rims, reading reviews and etc. And I happen to read quite a good rating for Araya 7X. So I did some googling and I found this rim Araya TB-507X. Anyone happen to try one of these? What do you guys think about the reliability of this company?

http://www.araya-kk.co.jp/rim/product.htm

http://www.natsukashi.jpn.com/en/store/rims/ara-tb-507x-alloy-bmx-rims-20-x-175-x-36h-pair-tb-507x-black-anodised

Cheers,
Pete

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Araya TB-507X Rim
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 11:16:23 PM »
Its $70...for 1 rim! Get sun ryno xl or city lites, big baller rims instead- just as tough, similar in design and reinforced nipple holes at lower price and available in various colours.
bitd, ukais and peregrines were the common riders choice, cam acuras & himiko's if you have the cash and in Japan.

Offline ngpete

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 05:23:59 AM »
Its $70...for 1 rim! Get sun ryno xl or city lites, big baller rims instead- just as tough, similar in design and reinforced nipple holes at lower price and available in various colours.
bitd, ukais and peregrines were the common riders choice, cam acuras & himiko's if you have the cash and in Japan.

Hi K.Wong,

They are selling $70/Pair. Your right about getting a better well known brand which has been tested by other people. There is not a lot of choices at where live in Malaysia and the only rims I've seen so far locally are those that came along with the bikes.  ::) 

Thanks to your post, now I know I need to add into consideration of reinforced nipple holes too.  :D

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 12:58:10 PM »
You are in Malaysia? Mat tagu and botak and other riders make trips to Singapore to buy parts all the time, why don't you try tagging along or ask them to buy on your behalf? And I'm pretty sure there is 1 or 2 bike shops in Malaysia that stocks bmx/ flatland stuff.
anyways, i personally swear by sun rims- i lace and true rims/ wheels by myself, they are seriously good without being overtly heavy or expensive.
anyways, if you need odyssey, Ares, st. Martin or colony, its cheaper to buy in Singapore as there are official distributors here, than say, American mail-orders...

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 01:03:33 PM »
And the araya rim is not even welded seam..., ryno lites Xl's better choice.

Offline Midou Ban

• Hitchhiker
  • True style never shouts -> FLATLAND
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 01:51:57 PM »
@K. Wong

do you know where to buy sun rhyno XL  in singapore that can ship to other parts of asia??
"Great power comes with a great electric bill"

Offline faqe

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 04:52:15 PM »
Pete, where are you base in Malaysia?  From what i know, there are few bike shop in Malaysia selling flatland and street parts such as  Momentumlove.com, the curb , agunbmx and 360bike store. two base in kl, one in malacca n one in sarawak. Try searching on facebook.  momentumlove  got khe and sun rhyno rims. u will save your money by buying from them. plus less the waiting time.

links:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rodarodabmx/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/momentumlovecom/263836040343011?hc_location=timeline

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 08:41:27 PM »
Can't help you with sun rims in singapore- can't find the distributor. I personally order from crc or flatlandfuel.

Offline Midou Ban

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 03:09:35 PM »
crc??? which is cheaper crc or flatlandfuel interms of shipping

Offline ngpete

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 06:47:20 AM »
You are in Malaysia? Mat tagu and botak and other riders make trips to Singapore to buy parts all the time, why don't you try tagging along or ask them to buy on your behalf? And I'm pretty sure there is 1 or 2 bike shops in Malaysia that stocks bmx/ flatland stuff.
anyways, i personally swear by sun rims- i lace and true rims/ wheels by myself, they are seriously good without being overtly heavy or expensive.
anyways, if you need odyssey, Ares, st. Martin or colony, its cheaper to buy in Singapore as there are official distributors here, than say, American mail-orders...

Yep I'm from Malaysia. Dont know Mat Tagu or Botak coz I just started to ride BMX. I'm 29, prolly too old to start but just trying to take the challenge. haha. Anyway, basically the people around me is either busy with their family or busy with their career. Oh well..  ::)

Regarding Sun Rims, I'm actually looking at Big Baller, but I cant find much review on people who uses them. I guess the weight kinda turn people off but I dont really mind a few extra grams (prolly 100g) compare to the amout of weights I lift everyday. Found a cheap big baller here: for 17.24Euro but with expensive shipping rates (Flat 49Euro to Malaysia): http://26bikes.com/shop/parts/rims_and_rim_tapes/bmx/prod/bigballer

Pete, where are you base in Malaysia?  From what i know, there are few bike shop in Malaysia selling flatland and street parts such as  Momentumlove.com, the curb , agunbmx and 360bike store. two base in kl, one in malacca n one in sarawak. Try searching on facebook.  momentumlove  got khe and sun rhyno rims. u will save your money by buying from them. plus less the waiting time.

Thanks for the recommendation Faqe. Used to live in Subang but I've moved back to Sarawak. I'll ask around those shops if they have the rims I'm looking for.

Cheers guys.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 06:20:11 PM »
@midou ban
chain reaction cycles (CRC) hands down if you could order $250 worth of goods at 1 go- free international shipping.
i only buy items that are on sale, and combine orders with my Mtb friends. Limited flatland specific stuff, but if you are looking at real savings and generic parts like rims, barends, grips and such- crc.
alot of Singaporean riders ceased ordering from flatlandfuel because of insanely high shipping charges( a big hint- hint to Patrick...)

Offline faqe

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 02:24:18 AM »

Yep I'm from Malaysia. Dont know Mat Tagu or Botak coz I just started to ride BMX. I'm 29, prolly too old to start but just trying to take the challenge. haha. Anyway, basically the people around me is either busy with their family or busy with their career. Oh well..  ::)

Regarding Sun Rims, I'm actually looking at Big Baller, but I cant find much review on people who uses them. I guess the weight kinda turn people off but I dont really mind a few extra grams (prolly 100g) compare to the amout of weights I lift everyday. Found a cheap big baller here: for 17.24Euro but with expensive shipping rates (Flat 49Euro to Malaysia): http://26bikes.com/shop/parts/rims_and_rim_tapes/bmx/prod/bigballer

Thanks for the recommendation Faqe. Used to live in Subang but I've moved back to Sarawak. I'll ask around those shops if they have the rims I'm looking for.

Cheers guys.

Pete, if you're in Sarawak, do contact Aidwin. He owns AgunBMX. Agunbmx is Sarawak base. He surely can help you build up a bike. Plus, it's never to late to start bmx riding. lots of bmx riders in Malaysia around KL n Selangor is in their 30's now. Still riding.

http://www.agunbmx.com/

Most bmx store in Malaysia got their parts directly from the bmx companies. Agunbmx is sole dist. for Deco , totalbmx , BSD and 34r  in SEA if im not mistaken while Momentumlovebmx is the dist. for Autum, Mechanix, Blackeye, Abadthing, Motelworks and Quamen.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 02:26:01 AM by faqe »

Offline Midou Ban

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 02:57:15 AM »
@midou ban
chain reaction cycles (CRC) hands down if you could order $250 worth of goods at 1 go- free international shipping.
i only buy items that are on sale, and combine orders with my Mtb friends. Limited flatland specific stuff, but if you are looking at real savings and generic parts like rims, barends, grips and such- crc.
alot of Singaporean riders ceased ordering from flatlandfuel because of insanely high shipping charges( a big hint- hint to Patrick...)

i used to order parts from patrick(FF) and delivered to my uncle in NY , he charges a lot  more than
the riders selling parts in BUY AND SELL page and also delivered to my uncle in NY
riders selling in BUY AND SELL page have an average shipping price of 5$ but FF goes a whole lot more
i dont know why..

by the way they are both using UPS but i dont know why FF  goes much more expensive

sorry for my bad english