Author Topic: Nowear - Candybars  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Nowear - Candybars
« on: October 25, 2013, 08:19:05 PM »

Nowear started as a BMX clothing brand and has now released its first handlebar. They are called the Candybars and here is what Nowear have to say about them: 'NOWEAR "Candybars" combine the world of street and flat. Strong 2 piece design with a halfpipe shaped crossbar that is super friendly for executing one of the most bad ass tricks.'

- Made in the USA
- 10 degree backsweep
- 2 degree upsweep
- Height: 8.5"
- Width: 28"
- Material is 4130 cro-mo

More photos and details: Nowear - Candybars

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Nowear - Candybars
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »
These are now available in 9" also - http://www.global-flat.com/parts/part/1623

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 03:35:59 PM »
Those are hideous. Why even have a two piece bar with that crossbar? It's pointless.

Offline efxman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 08:42:19 PM »
When I was a kid this style bar was called a V bar.  They were the must have.  They look nice and gives you a bit more clearance over a straight bar design and they even come 9".  Choices are good be glad there are some.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 12:39:27 AM »
When I was a kid this style bar was called a V bar.  They were the must have.  They look nice and gives you a bit more clearance over a straight bar design and they even come 9".  Choices are good be glad there are some.

That's why I had london bikes make me a custom bar, because the choices are all sh*t.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 09:29:20 PM »
I think those bars and the name "Candybars" (old school trick) is appealing to a completely different market segment than actual hardcore flatlanders. They're for the bike builders and other guys getting back into BMX going for the retro look that seems to be coming back (Haro Retro line).

For Flatland, just take a look at the Fenix bars that had the same crossbar bend. I've hardly seen anyone ride them and they are still on sale at FF.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)