Author Topic: Can you ride in a Power Ranger outfit?  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Can you ride in a Power Ranger outfit?
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »

Alright, it's the week of grotesque. Yesterday we saw some underwater riding and today we have Takahiro in a Power Ranger outfit. What's next? Explosions and firewors? ;-)

Anyway, the video shows Takahiro riding as part of a stage show. This finally answer the question where this photo came from. It's obviously not a serious flatland performance but we're wondering if that is a good way to present flatland. What do you think?

Offline wesbmxr

• Hitchhiker
Re: Can you ride in a Power Ranger outfit?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 10:19:39 PM »
excellent flatland skills convoluted with pageantry and capitalism. I'm not mad, but power rangers riding flat? This is as ridiculous as flatland underwear.

Phatman

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 10:32:37 PM »
Not sure what to think about this...  ???

It's kinda making Flatland look like BMXs weird little side show, full of weirdos that ride in power ranger outfits or 70's Disco Out fits etc etc.. Whilst on the surface its kinda funny, almost awesome but the repercussions of publicizing this makes Flatland look childish, immature & stupid.

Not a fan tbh.

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 03:11:19 AM »
Didnt think power rangers still existed. Shouldn't they be focusing on battling monsters are stoping crime.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 10:53:35 AM »
Dodgy!
Flat-ism

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 11:31:25 AM »
Rather this than many of the terry Adams styled energy drink sponsored flicks.

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 03:00:38 PM »
Well to me, being my other hobby is costuming, its cool and awful at the same time. I absolutely HATE the power rangers, and that kills it for me. On another note, if its a fun one time tongue in cheek thing, i have no issue with it, except that its a power ranger of all things lol.

I actually have a pro level Scoutrooper/Bikerscout costume from Star Wars Return of the Jedi and wanted to take a few shots on the bike wearing it doing some simple stuff cuz movement in the suit isnt good enough for anything to nuts, but that at least has the "bike" connection, and would be a fun one time photo shoot kinda thing.

As far as promoting flatland in this way, i wouldnt like it at all..its really about the riding not costumes..pretty sure thats why we all dropped the riding leathers lol

All that said..as part of a stage show like that, its interesting, and entertaining, so its not ALL bad....they did it in Cirque du Soleil as well at one point, so sometimes it works...at the very least hopefully they are at least getting paid for it!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:06:06 PM by VisionStreetWear »

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 03:45:10 PM »
Ugh, kitschy fun? This kind of shows are real popular in japan and korea; equivalent to the freestylers you see in circus from europe and russia. I believe there was a flatlander in circ-du-solei when they came to Singapore eons ago.