Author Topic: Quest BMX - Miyagi Handlebars  (Read 12458 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Quest BMX - Miyagi Handlebars
« on: September 24, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »

Quest BMX came up with a guru handlebar, no wait, it's actually called Miyagi: "The Miyagi bars are flatland bars at heart but strong enough for street riding. We took many qualities from bars currently available but went a few steps further by lowering the crossbar then stiffening them up by using full 7/8" american chromoly throughout."

Height: 8.75"
Weight: 930 g = 2.05 lbs 
Backsweep:Upsweep:
Crossbar height: 5"

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
Re: Quest BMX - Miyagi Handlebars
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 10:21:23 PM »
Well,just like all new flatland frames going bla bmx style straight Same tube,so are the bars.  :P
Don't mean to offend just old schooler opinion.
One Last Ride.

Phatman

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 10:51:02 PM »
Mine will be with me at the end of October! These Bars will literally be the stiffest 2-Piece "Flatland" Bars on the market! .065" Tubing & a 7/8" O.D Cross Bar, you'll be amazed at how much stiffier these will be compared to bars with 5/8" Cross Bars, or even 3/4" Cross Bars! Support Danny, Support Quest, Buy yourself a set of these Bars!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:33:20 PM by Topsey »

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 11:23:23 PM »
Well,just like all new flatland frames going bla bmx style straight Same tube,so are the bars.  :P

well, these are the only ones out there with those specs and low crossbar. I really dig em
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline efxman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 11:47:04 PM »

I like it that bikes are becoming "freestyle" bikes once again, meaning that with one bike you ride ramps, street, dirt or flat.  That is how it was when riding was called "Freestylin'" still not sure how it all become so mucked up with all these sub categories.  It is after all a bike a BMX bike at that so ride it and do what you like on it.

Offline efxman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 11:47:37 PM »
Forgot to add, nice bars.  They look simple and clean and sound strong.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 03:45:55 AM »

I like it that bikes are becoming "freestyle" bikes once again, meaning that with one bike you ride ramps, street, dirt or flat.  That is how it was when riding was called "Freestylin'" still not sure how it all become so mucked up with all these sub categories.  It is after all a bike a BMX bike at that so ride it and do what you like on it.

When i log in and i see Mr.Newsbot posting a new item im just waiting to see something unique you know to stand out but i totally understand that riders are going simple and functional. Again,no disrespect these bars do look low and strong and i have no doubt they are strong just my taste a little telling apart fron other riders parts and frames is no sin. I believe a recent frame shown here WTP i think has a unique head tube gusset or wrap around that tells apart just by this detail that frame from other straight tube bmx style.
One Last Ride.

Offline flatnatics

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 07:48:21 AM »
Another boring non flat specific part.
Quality maybe top notch but why 6 deg sweep?
How does this help with tricks?
930g is getting pretty dam heavy too.
No Worries...

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 08:09:11 AM »
Anyone know the width on these bad boys?  I like them.  If they are wide enough.  My Quamen Barkley bars are good and wide at 29, but the crossbar is a touch to high.  I was just saying that on Facebook today, and bam.  Here these are. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 12:51:49 PM »
Another boring non flat specific part.
Quality maybe top notch but why 6 deg sweep?
How does this help with tricks?
930g is getting pretty dam heavy too.

I don't understand why you say that it's not flat-specific. I see a low cross-bar, narrow base, and a mellow sweep. The COMPLETE opposite of the street bars coming out.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline MAYTRICKS

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 02:30:43 PM »

If these end up in the Intrikat bar price range I'll give them a go. They remind me of KHE A-Blast bars.

:beer:

How about a shot of them mounted? Sometimes parts look a lot more appealing when on a bike.

Offline flatnatics

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »
mellow sweep ???
Each to their own but to me 6deg is heaps.
I wouldn't say low profile by any standard but thats not really that big a deal.
Haven't seen any innovation in some time.
If these new wave of parts are your forte then congrats but I hate them.
Thank f##k I've got a small surplus of flat spec parts.

No Worries...

Phatman

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
Anyone know the width on these bad boys?  I like them.  If they are wide enough.  My Quamen Barkley bars are good and wide at 29, but the crossbar is a touch to high.  I was just saying that on Facebook today, and bam.  Here these are. 

27" Wide Tod. Spot on if you ask me!

Offline deeball

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »
To answer some questions or concerns, here they are:
We used material strong enough to handle street riding since that's the trend these days and we like it.  It's all back to freestyle - this is a good thing!  No multi butted or heat treated tubing because we made these to last.  All these fancy heat-treated bars coming out are breaking - from every company.  We didn't want that. 

We will never sacrifice strength to some weight.  It's not how we do things at Quest.  The bars are most definitely flatland specific design but with street durability. 

This is a handlebar designed with influence from many top riders who are on their bikes every day and made in the USA by one of the most respected frame builders in the BMX world. 

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 05:56:56 PM »
No multi butted or heat treated tubing because we made these to last.  All these fancy heat-treated bars coming out are breaking - from every company.

I can say that your bar really seems to be a great today's flatland part, but what you said there have to be proven, how can you say that? Do you have facts about the bars from every company breaking?

Maybe that's a guru's statement and that's enough said? :)

that's something I dislike in the "bmx industry" ; all these lies and craps said about products and quality products... like if customers and riders are stupid..

Too bad this new company does the same (a) bad thing like others..