Author Topic: Quest BMX - Miyagi Handlebars  (Read 12534 times)

Offline deeball

Re: Quest BMX - Miyagi Handlebars
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 06:05:40 PM »
You're right.  I should have said "from many other companies" instead.  My apologies.

Offline flatnatics

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 10:27:12 PM »
A handle bar that weighs more then a set of forks, I believe that statement about being strong.
No Worries...

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 12:52:13 AM »
Weight≠strength or comfort. Frames and bars gotta have some flex in order to be ridable. From the specs given, and straight-gauge nature of the bars, it should be on the moderate price range($60).

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 01:47:20 AM »
A handle bar that weighs more then a set of forks, I believe that statement about being strong.

truthfully, the current forks and bars out now weight about 2 lbs each. give or take a couple ounces.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »
Good thing ya backpeddled on the "Every company" statement....Cuz Ive yet to see a Broken Intrikat bar...Thease are very similar to them in design..was that on purpose?...And I agree, if ya have to down someones stuff to sell youtlrs, theres usually a hidden reason..

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 10:05:15 PM »
Good thing ya backpeddled on the "Every company" statement....Cuz Ive yet to see a Broken Intrikat bar...
to my knowledge tim kohle has gone through a set or two of the intrikats.  My 1st set (when they just came out) were twisted straight out of the box brand new also.  Luckily, they replaced them without issue.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 11:11:49 PM »
Good thing ya backpeddled on the "Every company" statement....Cuz Ive yet to see a Broken Intrikat bar...Thease are very similar to them in design..was that on purpose?...And I agree, if ya have to down someones stuff to sell youtlrs, theres usually a hidden reason..

whoa don't beat up on him too bad! lol
i think he's just stoked on his design and fabrication of the bars.

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 11:16:08 PM »
Well,just like all new flatland frames going bla bmx style straight Same tube,so are the bars.  :P
Don't mean to offend just old schooler opinion.

I like it that bikes are becoming "freestyle" bikes once again, meaning that with one bike you ride ramps, street, dirt or flat.  That is how it was when riding was called "Freestylin'" still not sure how it all become so mucked up with all these sub categories.  It is after all a bike a BMX bike at that so ride it and do what you like on it.

I think it's interesting that people regularly sing the praises of the "glory days of freestyle" when it was common to ride everything on one bike, and when we start to actually get back to that today, it's criticized by others for not being "flatland enough" basically. Not really a complaint, just an observation ;)

I'm in this weird spot right now where for whatever reason, I identify myself as a bmx rider first, and a flatland rider specifically. My bike reflects that I guess, but it's still what works for me. As long as components don't get in the way of tricks, I think it's not worth any hard feelings. Riders ride, and that's a good thing, no matter what their bike looks like.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 11:35:22 PM »
Good thing ya backpeddled on the "Every company" statement....Cuz Ive yet to see a Broken Intrikat bar...
to my knowledge tim kohle has gone through a set or two of the intrikats.  My 1st set (when they just came out) were twisted straight out of the box brand new also.  Luckily, they replaced them without issue.
pics or it didn't happen...lol.. Tim?  While I can easily say I'm from the old school, I try to stick with the time as my age and time allows(no nose wheelies for me). It is Great to see all the new companies doin their take on things..I believe the reason things are goin Freestyle is because its fun to ride different things ..I applaude this company, Homegrown yet Professional enough to realize what riders want.. So FOR THE RECORD, if I was younger with all the time I had BITD, I'd most Likely want to ride for a company like this as opposed to say Haro, GT and Yes, even General, because they dont seem to be in it to make a buck so much as they are to make Quality Parts, Plus I'd never ride ANYTHING london.... based solely on my morals...and their lack there of..

Offline efxman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2013, 12:20:17 AM »
Uh oh, the whole London Bikes thing again.  We would need to know details to make a true call on the London Bikes team rider in question.  On the surface it sounds quite bad but the crime could be as simple as having a picture of a 17 year old girl one day from her 18th birthday that was emailed to a friend of his.  I would rather give that rider and London Bikes the benefit of the doubt till more was known.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2013, 12:47:36 AM »
Uh oh, the whole London Bikes thing again.  We would need to know details to make a true call on the London Bikes team rider in question.  On the surface it sounds quite bad but the crime could be as simple as having a picture of a 17 year old girl one day from her 18th birthday that was emailed to a friend of his.  I would rather give that rider and London Bikes the benefit of the doubt till more was known.

exactly

Phatman

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2013, 12:49:24 AM »

This.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2013, 02:03:45 AM »

My first set bent pretty easily to be honest. I had hardly been riding that much either because of my wrist problems.

My londons are basically perfect in every way and I really couldn't care less about what they do in their private lives. Neither should you.

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2013, 04:28:21 AM »

twisted the first black set in a few short weeks time...had a pair of chrome ones for a back up pair that i snapped(not cracked and no bends or twists in the tubes)

first pair got replaced then cracked those in a bit longer run than the first two pairs of bars, but not by much, and rode those for two more weeks till i could just now afford new bars.

so 3 pairs  total i have gone through since late Feb ( early March) but i have really to take any time off this year , and ride a lot daily , so please keep that in mind as well .

Honestly , I would buy a set of these, and have the same faith as the Escobars i now have, but again, only time will tell if they hold up .

The only reason I didnt support Danny's company in buying any parts has been either a timing issue , or because i have a surplus of parts i am using through out this year.

fyi;  i m not the only one that has snapped , or cracked these bars either... i forget the FB user post that someones bars looked like the ones i snapped as well (sorry i dont remember his name , but i think it was somewhere around late spring/early summer (?)

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2013, 05:38:34 AM »
ok, in order:
1.He was found guilty.
2.Same for you Topsey
3.TJ,if you had children, maybe you would.
4.Tim,Sorry to hear that , thats a first then on here, no one has ever posted pix to show this, but nothing is indestructable.

If anyone wants to defend this Fncking predator, I will find and post all I can on him and maybe another well known member just for spite..any takers?

And I still stand behind Quest for all the right reasons.Stay on topic you guys.