Author Topic: Ann Arbor, MI  (Read 4333 times)

Offline Deca

Ann Arbor, MI
« on: September 23, 2013, 11:47:15 PM »
Just wondering if there are any riders nearby. I've been out of it for a few years but I just moved into town and decided I should pick up a bike for transportation...and I'm thinking about just grabbing an Opsis since part of me has been wanting to get back into it for a while.

Offline jeffc43

Re: Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 11:26:50 AM »
Hi - I don't live in A^2 but I work there so I'm down your way every day.  If you get a bike and want to meet up to start riding again just let me know!  I'm still riding flat on my old school bike but my new school build is already underway and should be completed by spring.   :)

-Jeff

Offline Deca

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 06:19:43 PM »
Oh hey, awesome! I unfortunately may hold up on a bike until spring myself, I have a fair amount of expenses associated with moving into a new house and I'm worried that by the time I get my hands on something I won't have much rideable weather left. I have an old frankensteined KHE Messerschmitt back at my dads place but the wheels really need work. I really wish the timing was better, I'd like to get the ball rolling to make sure I stay interested through the winter.

If you'd like to meet up sometime just to say hi and swap contact info and all that I'm totally down, I work at the hospital and usually just walk home across town.

Offline Old B Hough

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 02:06:39 PM »
Old school rider here in the Jackson area, I am in the process of lining up a nice inside area for winter Flatland sessions about a 1/2 hour out of Ann Arbor, let me know if you are interested.

Offline jeffc43

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 08:07:06 PM »
Cool, I've been thinking about possible riding spots during the upcoming winter and unfortunately I haven't come up with any consistently viable options.  Would be interested in hearing more about your indoor spot!  I actually live near Lansing so meeting up in Jackson wouldn't be much different for me coming from either home or work.   :D   My good friend and old school riding buddy also lives close by and I'll bet we could both make it down your way to ride this winter too!

Offline jeffc43

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »
Oh hey, awesome! I unfortunately may hold up on a bike until spring myself, I have a fair amount of expenses associated with moving into a new house and I'm worried that by the time I get my hands on something I won't have much rideable weather left. I have an old frankensteined KHE Messerschmitt back at my dads place but the wheels really need work. I really wish the timing was better, I'd like to get the ball rolling to make sure I stay interested through the winter.

If you'd like to meet up sometime just to say hi and swap contact info and all that I'm totally down, I work at the hospital and usually just walk home across town.

Hey, no worries!  I just keep getting older but I'll still be riding in the spring.   :)   Good luck with your new house, once you get settled the riding bug will bubble back up the priority list and you'll find yourself working on that KHE in your spare time, preparing for spring.   :D   Cool, we'll have to meet up sometime!

Offline pskat

• Forkglider
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 09:53:32 PM »
Old school rider here in the Jackson area, I am in the process of lining up a nice inside area for winter Flatland sessions about a 1/2 hour out of Ann Arbor, let me know if you are interested.

Is that you, Brian?