Author Topic: New tires  (Read 1345 times)

Offline masonmar

• Forkglider
New tires
« on: September 20, 2013, 07:53:10 PM »
Hey guys I'm looking at getting some new tires, what's your opinion of these,
Odyssey Frequency G K-Lyte Tanwall Tire.

I notice a lot of riders use these so they must work, but I would still like some feed back. Like how are they for scuffing, spinning and on a dusty surface? Plus what's the break in period like, do they carve slow at first or do they need to be worn in? And what are some of the ways you break in a tire? Thanks

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
Re: New tires
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 08:31:04 PM »
What size tire man? The 1.75 will spin faster than the 1.85. And as far as scuffing goes it depends on how worn the tire is. I like my frequency G alot better worn in than i do new!!!

Offline masonmar

• Forkglider
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 08:42:47 PM »
I was thinking about going with the 1.85". I do a lot of foot contact stuff so I like a bit more tire. But I also spin and turbine. I don't like it when you carve tight and loose speed.

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »
ya i got you! im mainly a backwheel rider, i do turbines, spins, scuffing and whatever else. I recently switched from a 1.85 to 1.75 and im really liking the thinner tire but everything is possible on both

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »
Yep the 1.75 scuff wonderful. Get those if u also want to maintain rolling speed or do any sort of turbines. There's a reason why nearly everyone switched to 1.75 years ago.

Problem with the tanwalls is they weigh more. Thus, I stick to the black frequencyG k-lyte: regular or SC ("soft compound") versions. Must say I noticed they are a little slower at first with spinning or turbines.

Ok hope that helps!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)