Author Topic: The Return of the Rotor? KHE Affix Rotor  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
The Return of the Rotor? KHE Affix Rotor
« on: September 02, 2013, 12:56:52 PM »

Last weekend KHE presented their new Affix Rotor system at the Eurobike exhibition. All 2014 bikes will be equipped with the Affix system. It looks pretty clean and the design is simple. Check out the video above for details!

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
Re: The Return of the Rotor? KHE Affix Rotor
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 12:57:28 AM »
Anyone know what happened to this design and why it didn't take off.. it looked promising   :huh:

Has anyone used this system yet and if so.. what do you think? :rolleyes:

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 08:44:16 AM »
I think the main obstacles facing it are/were the current trend of brakeless styles.
At a guess, most companies that would have shown an interest in such ... would have aimed it at their bikes which utilise rear brakes, which is often low end. And this in itself a potential hinderance in trying to promote a product.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 03:15:12 PM »
I think it would do great with the Old School Crowd  :rolleyes:

For the ppl who wanted RL II's where a gyro would not work.. this would be ideal  :beer:

I wonder if they would sell this set up as a fork/Headtube combination.. I think it wouwould sell in the custom areas of our sport

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 06:57:47 PM »
Not to many companies have picked up the Affix yet, but I have seen several  low-end no-name completes with them.

Bob Haro's Ikonix will feature it, Ruption and Industry Taylor Made are already available. I guess it will slowly catch on.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 02:35:40 PM »
I wonder if the transition is worth it  :rolleyes:

KHE should push this, but it doesn't seem that it will happen anytime soon.. KHE seems to be falling off

Offline 1

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 04:33:41 PM »
KHE is bat-sh*t crazy..their USA distributor is selling their bikes on Amazon and Sears.com

(after making no mention of KHE on their own website for almost 3 years..)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 01:31:14 AM »
The bikes that are at Sears are low end children models that aren't even in the KHE website.

Offline OlderThanDirt

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 04:27:08 AM »
For the ppl who wanted RL II's where a gyro would not work.. this would be ideal  :beer:
LOL!  I had an RL-20II back-in-the-day and bought a KHE 0.F with the Affix rotor.  The idea of the rotor was nice, but the main piece inside the head tube is plastic, breaks easily, and is not an off-the-shelf item so it can only be replaced by calling the US distributor of KHE.   I sold the bike because I didn't want to be stuck with constantly having to disassemble the headset to fix my rear brake, nor did I like waiting to get a replacement part when I wanted to be riding.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 01:32:42 AM »
there is actually a "pro" version in alloy that should work much better than the plastic one.