Author Topic: Old Skool George Assault Fundraiser  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Old Skool George Assault Fundraiser
« on: August 21, 2013, 05:52:24 AM »

I saw something really terrible shared on Facebook tonight.  Jorge Luzuriaga also known as OSG online, was severly beaten and left for dead recently. He sustained serious injury. Some friends have set up a page to help raise funds to get him on a bike again. If you know Jorge or would like to contribute I'm sure it would be very much appreciated. You can read the full story and contribute here: 

http://fundrazr.com/campaigns/2aE5c

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Old Skool George Assault Fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:22:23 AM »
Thanks to all those who have already donated. Things are coming along super fast!

Offline SIN

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »
Thanx for posting this here, get the word out!

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »
Woke up this morning to find that we've already raised a grand and there's been a confirmation of a generous donation of a frame, fork and bars. I'm not going to say what it is because I want to surprise Jorge, but it's DOPE!

Thanks again everybody. Anything left over will help with bills and buying the man three new teeth. I'm talking today to NorCal Squirrel about the venue in San Jose, Ca.

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 05:42:41 PM »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:46:00 PM by Dion »

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 03:06:06 AM »
Hey y'all! We're set for the Jam. Here is the Facebook event. Please come out if you're local!

https://www.facebook.com/events/531635416907610/

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 03:39:06 PM »
This is awful to hear.  Does anyone know what the circumstances surrounding the attack were? 

Growing up in Savannah, GA. in the 90's (which had violent ghettos filled with illiterate, unpredictable, dangerous thugs) it wasn't uncommon to hear about people getting hit on their head for their bikes.  A friend of mine lost two of them that way, he was knocked and hit super hard, but wasn't hospitalized.  But what happened to Jorge just seems incredibly scary, I've never heard of something happening to that level before.     

Very scary stuff.  What the hell is wrong with people these days?  Get well soon OSG! 

Please be careful out there, folks.  I know a lot of you ride alone in sketchy areas.   

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 02:38:43 AM »
Here it is, folks! Come out if you can!

Offline Dion

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 06:44:25 AM »
Added sponsors for the Jam: The Bicycle Source, S&M Bikes, Eddie Fiola Inc., and Risk Everything Clothing. This is going to be SO sick.

Phatman

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 02:02:14 PM »
I was not aware this had happened until i just now watched the newest FlatWeb TV episode! OSG is a super nice guy! We have had a few catchs Via YouTube in the past & i am super pissed this has happened to him! Moneys a little tight today as i have just purchased a few things for my new bike. If however in a Couple of weeks time it would still be ok to send a little money your way, please let me know & i will do my very best to help out!