Author Topic: Diversion Retrospective: TJ Perry  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Diversion Retrospective: TJ Perry
« on: August 14, 2013, 07:07:41 PM »

This week Bobby's Diversion Retrosprective features TJ Perry. You all know him from the forums! The footage was originally part of Diversion 3.0 and filmed in Maryland, USA. That garage looks tight ...

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Diversion Retrospective: TJ Perry
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 01:16:25 AM »
 How old were you then?..

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 07:38:16 AM »
D3 was a good bmx video.. but I wondered how this guy ended up in the video when he was unliked by many riders during that time on the contest scene, even annoyed some of the top names and one MC ::)

The riding was Mediocre for the time

The two Tj's were among the few names constantly dropped as contest and jams for name dropping other riders names with no association for sponsor deals or notoriety  ::)

You almost have to wonder on how sketchy some (friendships) are in the flatland community when the likes of someone are voiced at contest when others are not around  ::)

His character not only swells on this forum and others, but into the real world and it makes me wonder how many people in the flatland community are just so full of themselves  ::)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 05:43:35 AM »
I believe I was 16 or so and I had been riding for 2 and a half years at the time. I had spent part of that period skateboarding and doing other things so it wasn't my main focus until well into college for me. Even to this day it's not my main "thing". My business and playing piano are.

D3 was a good bmx video.. but I wondered how this guy ended up in the video when he was unliked by many riders during that time on the contest scene, even annoyed some of the top names and one MC ::)

I had just won Metro jam and most people were going out of their way to tell me how stoked they were on the part and my riding. A few years later Terry Adams told me that he never thought Justin would have been the one to make it. He thought it would be me.

The riding was Mediocre for the time

I had been riding for under 3 years. You're grasping at straws.

The two Tj's were among the few names constantly dropped as contest and jams for name dropping other riders names with no association for sponsor deals or notoriety  ::)

At the time I was getting flow from Axion shoes. The year after I was getting goodies from Etnies on a regular basis.

You almost have to wonder on how sketchy some (friendships) are in the flatland community when the likes of someone are voiced at contest when others are not around  ::)

Or when faceless nameless hacks go out of their way to heckle you on the internet.

His character not only swells on this forum and others, but into the real world and it makes me wonder how many people in the flatland community are just so full of themselves  ::)

do better than me in riding and in life and we'll talk bud. Post a video of your riding for a change.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 09:14:30 AM »
The infamous "I'm better than you at riding reply"  :P

I love you too TJ  :-*

Bud? Never .. A woman I am  :-*

Props to your accomplishments Guy, but you have to be reminded that your period of riding is not suitable for my taste.

For example.. You may be better than me now, but as in the Terry vs Mattais game of horse... some efforts were challenging for the both of them. With that said.. We both had and have our time of who is better or not so your point is invalid  :-*

Sure you would beat me in your style, but I would beat you in my style  ::)

Now as for the time you were riding in this video.. You did have the "Hater Mentality" and it was noted by various riders.

Look... Are you a great rider?  ::) Yes, there is no doubt in my mind.. You proved it and case closed on that, but do you give other riders, company outlook and bike collectors (Old Schoolers) a voice  at contest or at forums?  ::) No, you don't and this video triggered what was being said at the time from many notable riders from old. 

Just take into account that we don't want to get beat up every time we post on a topic that may involve something you don't like or want to hear... Basically don't Badger us  ???

There are comments on Old School Bmx website forums saying how can he (TJ) get away with that? Look it up if you don't believe me  ::)

In other words.. you chased a few promising members away that added a Hooray of Delight to this forum as well as great insight and endless topics to Global and all left because of your attacks... Its not fair TJ  ???

The slamming of a Rad Dad Topic sent many off this site and these are people who are basically clicking every ad, buying every frame, sticker, shirt, mag, collector items that come out ten times over because we are the Established that the real Flatland Bmx Market should be after  ::)

We are the Market... Hell, I bought a  150cc scooter from this site, let alone countless items over the past year... Have you?  ::)

So do We have a voice? Idk... its up to you  ::)

Props on your Video btw  :beer:

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 07:14:35 PM »
The slamming of a Rad Dad Topic sent many off this site

whoa what? I've never slammed him. I love Mark and everything he does. His enthusiasm is infectious. If anyone hated on Rad Dad I would have flamed the sh*t out of them.

As for me jumping on people, I've hardly been active on here in the last 3 years; at least since the battle i participated in on here. I've got other sh*t going on and I'm no longer relevant (not like I ever really was to begin with, but people seem to drag me into sh*t anyway). Like I said, my main focus is my business. If you want to talk sh*t on my riding, regardless of who you are be better or don't talk sh*t at all. At the very least put yourself out there for others to judge as you judge my riding. You brought up my level, not me.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »
What???  ??? I gave you your Props for riding and you some how got only that out of that whole post  ::)

The Rad Dad thing is still posted in this forum... so say what you will

As far as doing better than me in your previous post in riding and in life  ::)

Why would you even bring up "in life" into the equation  ::) That is a bit immature... I am well established in my adulthood, so that shows where your head is at.. Better than everybody you think you are??

Now far as the video... yes, the riding was mediocre for who was in the video and what they were doing at the time.. in fact I started a thread on that  very topic in this forum, but it was all of the riders and not just you... it was the level at where pros had reached and when was it time to drop competing as a pro cause the riding had passed them by

I called out to Pros and one pretty much shut that topic down by posting in his video that he could ride like any pro and he did just that labeling each routine at the end of his video just to prove a point and I gave him his props. He let everyone know he likes what he is doing and having fun with it and so what he will continue doing just that.. riding for fun  :beer:

The other guy has completely reinvented himself and stepped his game tremendously  :beer:
So TJ I am calling you out to look at things a little bit different as you approach a topic... think before you post... not to down mind us, but chime in on a positive note  :beer:

Edited with Icons  B)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:12:45 PM by azflatlander »