Author Topic: Bikelordz Documentary Trailer  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Bikelordz Documentary Trailer
« on: August 15, 2013, 07:51:03 PM »

I’ve been following this documentary on the Accra scene in Ghana for awhile, and it’s great to see something new. This film captures the small but passionate crew of riders there and looks incredible. Slated to be released next Spring, it’s on my list of must-watch films.

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
Re: Bikelordz Documentary Trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:15:02 PM »
Every video I see of those guys seems like they've really got their heads straight on riding.

They may not do the newest tricks, but they're having a blast doing what they love.

How many of us would go riding if we had to ride on those surfaces with department store bikes?

These guys have it right.

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »
It's an amazing group of guys, who look like they ride for pure joy. I want to see this!

Offline efxman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 09:16:04 PM »
Give them a few years and they will be jaded like so many spoiled kids here in the US who have $1000 bikes with pegs but can't do a single basic skill with it.

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 06:31:48 AM »
Give them a few years and they will be jaded like so many spoiled kids here in the US who have $1000 bikes with pegs but can't do a single basic skill with it.

nah. these guys ride with passion. i don't think jaded kids ever hit the level they're at. if they all got good bikes, i think they'd have even more fun.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 07:12:11 AM »
Why is it ok for them to ride like that and with the bikes they have?  ::)

You would think it is about the fun in which it is where they come from and not options and negative influences of the "Jaded" riders you speak of  ::)

Spoiled, they are not  :beer:

Like in the 80's we rode for fun and up'd everyone around us.. never downing the likes of others  ::)

Guys rode pink bikes and nobody said a word  :beer:

Bikes were all about style... the more space.. the more room you had to pull a trick  :beer:

It was one size fits all.. no back talk or whining  :beer:

Stickers, Stickers, Stickers represented what you had  :beer:

and Platforms everywhere! No discrimination  B)

Now we can't even build a bike to collect because... let alone make a topic about it without someone chiming to state their opinion of negativity... Spoiled? Jaded?

Indeed the new school is...

It's even jaded by the some of the mid and old school riders that are considered the "Voice" of this sport

Who knew flatland was going to be stuck in the position that it is today.. all because a short guy got a major company to produce a bike that was considered "Flatland"

We cherish those days that were full of Positivity and fun! so why not collect a memory

These guys represent fun and ride because it is that fun and it you guys wrong when you say "Good bikes"  ::)

In other words... Don't poison their fun  B)